Vote or DYE Trying

wilmot825

QUOTE (Markbilliards @ Jul 6, 2008 -> 07:49 PM)
I strongly disagree with all of you. Dye has been very good for us this year, but he does not deserve to get voted in over Longoria. The all star game is made so worthless by all the fan voting. Because the players who are more well liked (usually due to what team they're on) are the ones who become all stars, not the ones who deserve it per their performance on the year.

Vote Longoria. If you vote a player in just because he plays for your team than you are just as bad as all those people who voted for the Boston/Yankee players like crazy.

The all star game should be a matter of performance, not popularity.

Now some could make an argument that Dye is more deserving than Longoria, if you really feel that way than vote for him. But considering that Evan started the year after Dye, and has played GG caliber defense, you gotta put him in there over JD.

You must be a Flubs fan in men's clothes.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got this e-mail from the Sox:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: Tuesday, July 8, 2008

WHITE SOX EXTEND SPECIAL AUTOGRAPHED JERSEY OFFER TO FANS

WHO VOTE ON-LINE FOR JERMAINE DYE

CHICAGO - In a special offer, fans who vote on-line for

Jermaine Dye for the 2008 All-Star Final Vote from today through the end

of the voting period on Thursday afternoon will automatically be entered

to win an autographed jersey by the White Sox outfielder.

A total of six winners will receive one Dye autographed jersey after

the All-Star Final Vote. Official Sweepstakes rules can be found at

Whitesox.com.

As of Monday afternoon, Dye ranked second in the Monster All-Star Final

Vote ballot, a mere percentage points behind Tampa Bay's Evan

Longoria. San Francisco Giants outfielder Aaron Rowand was fourth in the

National League vote, trailing Milwaukee's Corey Hart, New York's David

Wright and Philadelphia's Pat Burrell.

Fans may vote an unlimited number of times for Dye and Rowand by

visiting whitesox.com or mlb.com and also via mobile phone by texting the

word "VOTE" to the number 36197. A Final Vote ballot will then be sent to

the mobile phone. Please note: fans who vote via text messaging are

not eligible to win the signed jersey.

Final Vote will close at 4 p.m. CT, Thursday July 10.

It is the sixth time in seven years that a member of the White Sox has

been part the Final Vote, with Scott Podsednik (2005) and A.J.

Pierzynski (2006) winning the balloting.

Joe Crede and Carlos Quentin were named to the AL All-Star Team on

Sunday. The 79th All-Star Game will be played on Tuesday, July 15 at New

York's Yankee Stadium.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 9, 2008 -> 02:12 AM)
How could a Ray beat out Dye??

Do the Rays have fans?? It's rigged if Longoria is leading.

The way I look at it, is most fans that have a guy on the NL ballot is voting for Longoria as their AL guy. Most baseball fans love the Rays story.

Well slow day at work so I have been voting all day, but MLB just pisses me off with the damn check boxes. I don't want the damn junk mail but you know you're going to forget to unclick them on of the 25+ times voting. I have to make random email address so I dont get that crap in my good one.

QUOTE (DABearSoX @ Jul 9, 2008 -> 03:29 PM)
Well slow day at work so I have been voting all day, but MLB just pisses me off with the damn check boxes. I don't want the damn junk mail but you know you're going to forget to unclick them on of the 25+ times voting. I have to make random email address so I dont get that crap in my good one.

you use a fake address, keep the boxes checked, then plow away, doesn't seem to affect the vote going through, they're not checking the email address it seems

To all those people who have unlimited text messaging- a poster at WSI posted this:

I'm not sure if anyone has done this yet, but to get more votes in less time by texting, if you can put multiple recipients for each text, put all the recipients as 36197. Then, just keep resending that text to all recipients. I've been able to send 5 votes at a time, and each time it only takes about 5 seconds.

All factions of Sox fandom must unite here. The league wants Longoria in the game. The Rays' message board thinks they have this won:

Well guys it looks like we will have 3 ALL STARS this year due to excellent fan support!...The Rays send a Rookie to the all star game you gotta love it!!! E-LO for ROOKIE OF THE YEAR BABY!!!

Let's pull a JFK and steal this one in the middle of the Chicago night.

With the text message method of setting the number as every recipient I have been able to send quite the number of votes. I can set 10 recipients at onces, so I can send 10 votes at a time, and just keep resending it. I can do about 100 votes per minute until the barrage of confirmation responses come rolling on in. Some times it takes a bit for the confirmations so I can get 500-1000 votes before my phone is a slave to the 500-1000 texts back from MLB saying I have voted for DYE. At that point I just have to let my phone sit for 15 minutes but its a nice break. Make sure you have unlimited texting like I do before you go this route unless you want the largest phone bill of all time.