• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• StrangeSox

• Balta1701

• lostfan

• BigSqwert

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Gov. Sarah Palin thinks the Founding Fathers wrote the Pledge of Allegiance—including the phrase ‘under God’.

From an Eagle Forum Candidate Questionnaire:

Q: Are you offended by the phra
s
e
Under God
in the Pledge of Allegiance? Why or why not?

PALIN: Not on your life.
If it wa
s
good enough for the Founding Father
s
, it
s
good enough for me
and I
ll fight in defen
s
e of our Pledge of Allegiance.

The phrase was added in 1954.

LINK

WOW! just... wow:

If a small-town mayor ever ruled with an iron fist — it was Palin. Eleven days after taking office in 1996, she mailed letters to each of the city’s top managers requesting that they resign as a test of loyalty.

The Anchorage Daily News at the time reported the strange events: (via Nexis)

Mayor
S
arah Palin
s
ent the re
s
ignation reque
s
t
s
Thur
s
day to Police Chief Irl
S
tambaugh, public wor
k
s
director Jac
k
Felton, finance director Duane Dvora
k
and Mary Ellen Emmon
s
, the head of librarie
s
. A fifth director
John Cooper, who over
s
aw the city mu
s
eum
re
s
igned earlier thi
s
month after Palin eliminated hi
s
po
s
ition.

Cooper initially resisted resigning, but to no avail. Palin also later fired the police chief, saying she knew in her “heart” that he did not support her. She left the head of libraries a letter saying she was out — though Palin later decided to spare the librarian after being convinced that she would tow the line.

I've decided that i will no long attack Palin. According to the mcCain campaign, if I do, I'm sexist. And since I'm not, i dont want to be thought of as sexist.

In a comment sent out by the Arizona Republican's aides, adviser Carly Fiorina said she was "appalled by the Obama campaign's attempts to belittle Governor Sarah Palin's experience. The facts are that Sarah Palin has made more executive decisions as a Mayor and Governor than Barack Obama has made in his life. Because of Hillary Clinton's historic run for the Presidency and the treatment she received, American women are more highly tuned than ever to recognize and decry sexism in all its forms. They will not tolerate sexist treatment of Governor Palin."

PS: I called it:

I just got to thinking as I was driving to work, how readily will McCain use the "dont attack her... she's a woman" line? We have seen over the last month that they have no shame in using his POW experience as shield on every possible political attack. How long until every attack on Palin is defended with a "dont attack the woman" kind of line?

McCain has now set up a great political shield: Dont attack him, he's a POW. Dont attack her, she's a woman.

Edited by Athomeboy_2000

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Sep 2, 2008 -> 02:21 PM)
I've decided that i will no long attack Palin. According to the mcCain campaign, if I do, I'm sexist. And since I'm not, i dont want to be thought of as sexist.

As evidence, Fiorina pointed to comments from Joe Biden calling Palin "good looking" and Obama comparing his campaign staff to the "50 employees" under Palin's control as mayor of Wasilla, Alaska.

The Biden instance may be taken out of context. The Senator was actually mocking himself, saying Palin was more pleasant on the eyes than he. And the latter complaint is more politics than gender.

How sexist of him!

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Sep 1, 2008 -> 09:48 PM)
Again, do the Democrats really want to go there?

Come on now kap. You can't honestly think she was an intelligent choice.....at all.

Whether or not Obama is qualified for the job or not has NOT A f***ING THING to do with the fact that she's ridiculously unqualified to be president.

McCain Cant take the heat:

It looks like the McCain camp is now actively taking steps to punish media outlets that give them bad coverage.

Today, CNN’s Wolf Blitzer revealed that because of that tough interview, the McCain campaign has canceled the senator’s appearance on Larry King Live tonight:

[The McCain campaign said it believed that exchange was over the line and as a result the interview scheduled for Larry King Live with Sen. McCain was pulled. CNN does not believe that Campbell’s interview was over the line. We are committed to fair coverage of both sides of this historic election.

Edited by Athomeboy_2000

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 2, 2008 -> 03:59 PM)
<!--quoteo(post=1732777:date=Sep 2, 2008 -> 12:45 PM:name=Athomeboy_2000)-->
QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Sep 2, 2008 -> 12:45 PM)
<!--quotec-->McCain Cant take the heat:

It looks like the McCain camp is now actively taking steps to punish media outlets that give them bad coverage.

Here's the clip that got them riled up.

There was nothing unreasonable about the questions she was asking, it's just that the full answer would've been in the negative and he was trying to tapdance, and she kept calling him out on it. I guess he did a good job of keeping his temper though.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 2, 2008 -> 03:59 PM)
<!--quoteo(post=1732777:date=Sep 2, 2008 -> 12:45 PM:name=Athomeboy_2000)-->
QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Sep 2, 2008 -> 12:45 PM)
<!--quotec-->McCain Cant take the heat:

Here's the clip that got them riled up.

lol

look at the bottom of the screen. presidential issue!

I know this was posted somewhere, but this might be some new insight:

As questions have been raised over how thoroughly Sen. John McCain's presidential campaign vetted Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin for the V.P. slot, it seems the McCain campaign was unaware of a video -- available online -- in which Palin talks about God's role in U.S. military action overseas, according to a political operative familiar with the situation.

“It's pretty uncomfortable stuff,” said the political operative, after watching the video online. “It's bad. It's really bad. … It's going to be interesting to see how this plays out.”