• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• StrangeSox

• Balta1701

• lostfan

• BigSqwert

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Oct 19, 2008 -> 04:41 AM)
Obama campaign received $150M in donations in September according to the email I received from the campaign this morning. Insane!

:o :o :o

He cant POSSIBLY use all that money between October 1 and Nov 4th. That's just nuts. It'll help pay for his 30 minute spot, but wow.

The other "terrorist" the GOP is trying to link Obama to is Saul Alinsky

Now Alinsky’s name is being dragged in the mix. During an interview Friday on Andrea Mitchell’s MSNBC show, Sen. Kit Bond (R-Mo.) said, “Obama started out with Saul Alinsky.” Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-Minn.) told Chris Matthews on “Hardball” that Alinsky was “one of his teachers, you might say.”

Someone needs to rewrite their talking points. Alinsky, born in Chicago on Jan. 30, 1909, died June 12, 1972 in Carmel, Calif. — when Obama was 10.

It appears to be a bit of desperation. The robo calls in PA are as well. I really believe the anti-America talking points they are bring up now are strictly racial. I think anti-America is code for anyone who would vote for a black man. In fact I read where Palin holds her rallies, the places she calls the "real America"(Its nice to know I live in Chicago, so I really don't live in America) are more predominantly white by a rather large margin than the country as a whole. Sarah Palin's real America is at least 83% white.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Oct 19, 2008 -> 08:30 AM)
Colin Powell just endorsed Obama for President

Perhaps not a big surprise, but huge nevertheless.

Warren Buffet from economics/finance; Colin Powell from foreign affairs/defense. Possibly the two names most well known on main street in those respective areas. I think this will help sway a lot of undecideds.

Also, I heard Powell did this on Meet the Press, but I always thought that aired live. I guess I'm wrong?

Powell had a quick press conference after Meet and... wow... he had some great lines in there. I wish he had been more concise answers because they would have made for great commercials.

PS: Powell's home state.... Virginia.

Edited by Athomeboy_2000

I worry the GOP, the far right, and the McCain campaign will begin to tear Powell apart.

Also, we saw how good Obama was at rolling out endorsements during the primaries. I wonder if this has been in the bag for a while now (a month or more) and they waited until 2 weeks before the election to roll it out. Powell did imply he's been leaning towards Obama for a month or two now. Especially when there was the report over a month ago that Powell was on the verge of endorsing Obama.

Edited by Athomeboy_2000

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Oct 19, 2008 -> 09:04 AM)
I worry the GOP, the far right, and the McCain campaign will begin to tear Powell apart.

Also, we saw how good Obama was at rolling out endorsements during the primaries. I wonder if this has been in the bag for a while now (a month or more) and they waited until 2 weeks before the election to roll it out. Powell did imply he's been leaning towards Obama for a month or two now. Especially when there was the report over a month ago that Powell was on the verge of endorsing Obama.

It's a game. And Obama knows how to play it really, really well.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Oct 19, 2008 -> 09:04 AM)

They can criticize him all they want to, but he was smart when they were stupid. They'd just be making fools of themselves.

QUOTE (KipWellsFan @ Oct 19, 2008 -> 04:24 PM)
I kind of understand his point but Obama is far from your average liberal democrat. I think competence probably has a lot to do with it for Powell.

I think thats close to it, but I'd use a different word - managerially competent.

We've seen in BushCo what you get when you have a charismatic leader who can't manage his way out a paper bag. You get an administration out of control. Powell is a planner, an analyzer and a thinker. Bush is a decider. Powell sees in Obama the managerial style that he feels is effective - research, analysis, consideration and pulling information from all sides. Its one of the main reasons I like Powell AND Obama.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Oct 19, 2008 -> 04:01 PM)
I think thats close to it, but I'd use a different word - managerially competent.

We've seen in BushCo what you get when you have a charismatic leader who can't manage his way out a paper bag. You get an administration out of control. Powell is a planner, an analyzer and a thinker. Bush is a decider. Powell sees in Obama the managerial style that he feels is effective - research, analysis, consideration and pulling information from all sides. Its one of the main reasons I like Powell AND Obama.

Bush is charismatic? Please. :lolhitting

Furthermore, research, analysis, consideration, and pulling information from Democrats - woot! Corrected that for you. RSO's only saying the stuff he does now because he thinks it will get him "evengelical" votes, and if they are stupid enough to not see through that smokescreen, they deserve what we're about to see for the next 4 years.

All I hope is that there's enough votes in the Senate to filibuster everything so nothing gets done. Especially nannystate health care.

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Oct 19, 2008 -> 09:00 PM)

Furthermore, research, analysis, consideration, and pulling information from Democrats - woot! Corrected that for you. RSO's only saying the stuff he does now because he thinks it will get him "evengelical" votes, and if they are stupid enough to not see through that smokescreen, they deserve what we're about to see for the next 4 years.

All I hope is that there's enough votes in the Senate to filibuster everything so nothing gets done. Especially nannystate health care.

Bush is charismatic.

And I don't even know what RSO stands for. I'm assuming it's something derogatory and snarky, so I guess I prefer it that way.

I wonder if we could ever actually have a political discussion here without mocking undertones (from both sides now). Wait, no I don't.

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Oct 19, 2008 -> 07:00 PM)

Mock all you'd like. I can't say how successful Obama will be as President, but I'd bet serious money that he'll do a far better job making decisions based on things like facts and logic, instead of "my gut". That was my point.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Oct 19, 2008 -> 08:26 PM)
Mock all you'd like. I can't say how successful Obama will be as President, but I'd bet serious money that he'll do a far better job making decisions based on things like facts and logic, instead of "my gut". That was my point.

Ok I can understand that. But again, I just can't see it. I just don't believe he's going to get the "other side's opinion". That's all I'm trying to say. He doesn't now, despite the image he's trying to show. And, I hate the health care thing. HATE it. I won't let that go, because it's a disaster waiting to happen, and I don't mean to mock anyone on that point, because I understand why people are for it, but they (IMO) don't understand what effects it will have.

Edited by kapkomet

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Oct 19, 2008 -> 08:00 PM)

I know a few people who've met him in person for one reason or another, and they tell me he really is. His real persona is not like what you'd expect from TV.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Oct 19, 2008 -> 08:39 PM)
I know a few people who've met him in person for one reason or another, and they tell me he really is. His real persona is not like what you'd expect from TV.

Ok, so he's a bumbling charismatic dude. :D

I didn't mean the way that came out, I really didn't. Ya'll tore me up for mocking NSS and I wasn't trying to. Sorry.

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Oct 19, 2008 -> 08:42 PM)
Ok, so he's a bumbling charismatic dude. :D

I didn't mean the way that came out, I really didn't. Ya'll tore me up for mocking NSS and I wasn't trying to. Sorry.

Don't get me wrong, he still sucks.

QUOTE (Soxy @ Oct 19, 2008 -> 08:18 PM)
Bush is charismatic.

And I don't even know what RSO stands for. I'm assuming it's something derogatory and snarky, so I guess I prefer it that way.

I wonder if we could ever actually have a political discussion here without mocking undertones (from both sides now). Wait, no I don't.

It stands for registered sex offender