• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• StrangeSox

• Balta1701

• lostfan

• BigSqwert

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Jerksticks @ Nov 14, 2015 -> 07:21 PM)
I still can't believe some of you argue that Democrats are more right than Republicans & vice versa. Shame on you. Hillary Clinton is about to be our President. Holy f***ing s*** balls. We're officially a joke.

I honestly don't understand this post. Dems are further right than Republicans? That can't be what you mean. Or do you mean more right as in correct, in which case, they do have policy differences so why is this a surprise?

Having successfully fear-mongered against Mexicans and more recently Muslims, Trump has moved on to retweeting (false) white supremacist attacks on black people:

blog_trump_whites_killed_blacks.jpg

The media, doing it's usual bang-up job of being balanced and objective, has referred to this as "controversial" and "questionable" instead of accurately calling it out as straight-up racist lies.

Trump is also seeing a pretty big recovery in the post-Paris attack polls. The only other people who have been trending even slightly upward over the past several weeks are Rubio and Cruz, and combined they still can't match Trump.

Edited by StrangeSox

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Dec 1, 2015 -> 12:08 PM)
People who engage in lengthy political discussions (really more like monologues) with random strangers on a plane are weird.

I think it's the obligatory I have to chat with the person next to me on a plane. It's political season, I imagine you'll get a lot more of that.

It's two people who mainly agree along liberal lines (one is flying to a Sanders conference I think?) but who the hell thinks "I know what I'll do at the start of a four hour flight, bring up abortion!"

I usually have the headphones in by the time the tenth person is walking on the plane behind me.

Eta they have now moved on to less contentious issues such as Syrian refugees, gun rights, universal health care, tax policy and who black people should be protesting.

Edited by StrangeSox