The Democrat Thread

Rex Kickass

QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Sep 28, 2009 -> 08:28 PM)
Or spend the rest of their life in the Federal Pen at Marion enduring a living hell. The innocent people who get executed at least get put out of their misery.

Prison terms can be ended with the person still alive. Prison is still living. Justice needs to be served, but justice does not require death. You can take your slippery slope all the way down to traffic tickets if you'd like - I personally draw the line at deciding life and death.

• Replies 20.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• StrangeSox

• Balta1701

• lostfan

• BigSqwert

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Police attack students on U-Pitt campus during G20 summit.

Some of them are just students on their own campus walking by. This apparently happened at one of the more popular bar streets in the Oakland area, not anywhere near the conference.

Edited by StrangeSox

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Sep 29, 2009 -> 08:27 AM)
Some asshole on Facebook created and distributed a poll asking if Obama should be killed. USSS is investigating, and the poll is of course no longer available.

some people really are stupid. During the primaries, my wife made some comment on our website about how she wished Hillary would get hit by a car or something like that. I made her take it down because i didnt want the Secret Service knocking at my door.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Sep 29, 2009 -> 02:54 PM)
some people really are stupid. During the primaries, my wife made some comment on our website about how she wished Hillary would get hit by a car or something like that. I made her take it down because i didnt want the Secret Service knocking at my door.

:lolhitting so are you referring to your wife as one of those "some people"

Bush White House Denies J.K. Rowling and Ted Kennedy Presidential Medal of Freedom

Latimer writes that administration officials objected to giving author J.K. Rowling the Presidential Medal of Freedom because her writing “encouraged witchcraft” (p. 201):

Thi
s
wa
s
the
s
ame
s
ort of narrow thin
k
ing that led people in the White Hou
s
e to actually object to giving the author J.
K
. Rowling a pre
s
idential medal
becau
s
e the Harry Potter boo
k
s
encouraged withcraft

atimer also writes that when he suggested bestowing the honor upon Ted Kennedy, who had just been diagnosed with a brain tumor, fellow speechwriter Marc Thiessen objected because Kennedy “was a liberal” (p. 201):

When Ted
K
ennedy wa
s
diagno
s
ed with a brain tumor, I
s
ugge
s
ted that the pre
s
ident might at lea
s
t con
s
ider awarding
K
ennedy the Pre
s
idential Medal of Freedom. Marc objected wtih the genteel diplomacy he wa
s
k
nown for.
That
s
crazy!
he thundered.
K
ennedy wa
s
a liberal
, he noted (of which I wa
s
well aware).

Edited by Athomeboy_2000

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Sep 29, 2009 -> 09:45 AM)
This guy (Latimer) is a f***tard.

Sounds like this Thiessen guy is too.

But whatever, these medals are at Presidential discretion, so they can do what they want to. Its a shame that BushCo had such a narrow and uneducated world view, but not really surprising, and not really anything we should care about too much.

QUOTE (bmags @ Sep 29, 2009 -> 10:03 AM)
Clearly we should only trust Bush and Cheney to tell the truth about their presidencies. Anyone else is clearly lying.

The money in Washington (aka the media) is to make Bush look stupid, you all saying stuff like this is proof of it. You people hate the guy so much that you just lap this s*** up that AHB posted as "more proof" that the guy was "stupid" or whatever else. Clearly, everything that comes out about the administration being either wrong, stubborn, stupid, or ignorant are trustworthy.

It's a pretty clear fact that Bush had respect for Kennedy even though they may not have agreed on everything. I'll leave it at that.

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Sep 29, 2009 -> 10:15 AM)
The money in Washington (aka the media) is to make Bush look stupid, you all saying stuff like this is proof of it. You people hate the guy so much that you just lap this s*** up that AHB posted as "more proof" that the guy was "stupid" or whatever else. Clearly, everything that comes out about the administration being either wrong, stubborn, stupid, or ignorant are trustworthy.

It's a pretty clear fact that Bush had respect for Kennedy even though they may not have agreed on everything. I'll leave it at that.

B.S.

One, "the money" in media is to make anyone they can look stupid.

Two, "you all saying stuff like this is proof" of what? I don't recall getting a check for bashing Bush, and I didn't say he was stupid either.

Three, no one is "lapping" this s*** up, if you look at what I posted, I said UNKNOWN. Who got medals is known, and reflects the narrow minded view I described, but we don't know if his speech writers or advisors said these things.

But, my GUESS is that, if you are a speech writer for ANY President, you could publish so much s*** that is true that would sell like hotcakes, why would you bother lying? It only increases the risk that you undermine your own efforts, so why do that? I'd lean towards the idea that most of what someone like this says is true, if out of context. But I don't know for sure, and neither do you.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Sep 29, 2009 -> 10:55 AM)
Every book critical of the Bush administration must be a made-up money grab. Its impossible to consider that they really were as incompetent as all of these ex-officials say.

All hyperbole aside, I think the best view into that administration you can get, for better or worse, are the Bob Woodward books. He was well-respected and given all sorts of access by BushCo (at least for the first couple books), he's a not a liberal agenda guy, and he did an awful lot of homework.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Sep 29, 2009 -> 09:24 AM)
I fully disagree, based on his books and the few articles I have read, but I admit I have not read a ton of his paper stuff.

Woodward's problem is that he has become the prime example of a "Villager". He's no longer interested in getting beyond the story that people are willing to tell him and pissing people off in the process...he's traded away that behavior in exchange for access.

There's not necessarily anything wrong with being a high level stenographer, those people should exist and do serve a purpose. And Woodward gets some interesting stuff when there is legitimate conflict occurring between the people he's interviewing, But there's just way too many of them today who aren't trying to get beyond what they're told.