The Democrat Thread

Rex Kickass

QUOTE (bmags @ Oct 26, 2009 -> 07:32 PM)
So, frankly, I'm pleased with Reid. Wow. Totally shocked at him going for this, and pleased that Baucus was saying he'd vote for something like that. Just need to whip Bayh/Lincoln/Nelson not to vote against f'n cloture.

Putting the public option in the final bill?

• Replies 20.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• StrangeSox

• Balta1701

• lostfan

• BigSqwert

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (lostfan @ Oct 27, 2009 -> 12:35 AM)
Putting the public option in the final bill?

um...yeah. The PO was declared dead in the water 4 weeks ago, the baucus bill had no PO, had each one get voted down. Reid has appeared to not want to take any responsibility, and then...

the HELP PO with an opt-out. Nuts. I'm thrilled.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Oct 27, 2009 -> 06:39 AM)
While I appreciate Reid showing some testicular fortitude, I still think the public option is the wrong path.

The Republicans had 8 years to craft a health insurer friendly, market based solution to health care, and all they did was pretend there wasn't a problem. It's our turn to try to fix it.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Oct 27, 2009 -> 10:54 AM)
The Republicans had 8 years to craft a health insurer friendly, market based solution to health care, and all they did was pretend there wasn't a problem. It's our turn to try to fix it.

:notworthy

They blame the Republicans when the are out of power, and they still blame them while they are in complete power.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 27, 2009 -> 11:09 AM)
They blame the Republicans when the are out of power, and they still blame them while they are in complete power.

Other than being the party of No right now, how are they offering solutions?

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Oct 27, 2009 -> 09:10 AM)
Other than being the party of No right now, how are they offering solutions?

John McCain's health care plan was to fully eliminate the employer tax credit for insurance and push everyone onto the individual insurance market.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Oct 27, 2009 -> 12:17 PM)
John McCain's health care plan was to fully eliminate the employer tax credit for insurance and push everyone onto the individual insurance market.

Good for business, but that's really screwing the rest of us. John McCain is economically illiterate and that's one of the reasons he lost.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 27, 2009 -> 12:09 PM)

Who is blaming what on whom exactly in the last few posts?

Edited by lostfan

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 27, 2009 -> 12:27 PM)
Really?

Balta said the Republicans had the ability to get what they wanted to do now done and didn't even try, which is a true statement. It's not really blaming so much as it's a simple statement of fact, so how is it invalid in response to what NSS said (which I actually agree with for the record)?

QUOTE (lostfan @ Oct 27, 2009 -> 11:29 AM)
Balta said the Republicans had the ability to get what they wanted to do now done and didn't even try, which is a true statement. It's not really blaming so much as it's a simple statement of fact, so how is it invalid in response to what NSS said (which I actually agree with for the record)?

They spent the last few months blaming Republicans, who don't hold the White House, nor a single house of Congress, for holding up progress.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 27, 2009 -> 09:34 AM)
They spent the last few months blaming Republicans, who don't hold the White House, nor a single house of Congress, for holding up progress.

This is such a "sweep the dirt under the rug" post it's kind of remarkable if you actually believe that. It's like being pissed off at the government for the smoke in the L.A. basin but ignoring the giant wildfire.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 27, 2009 -> 12:34 PM)

A true statement, yes the Democrats are inept, but what does it have to do with the subject at hand? Unless you're saying that's ALL the Dems have been doing, which... yeah no.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Oct 27, 2009 -> 11:38 AM)
This is such a "sweep the dirt under the rug" post it's kind of remarkable if you actually believe that. It's like being pissed off at the government for the smoke in the L.A. basin but ignoring the giant wildfire.

How many times have Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi blamed the hold up on this bill because they "want bi-partisan support" when in reality they don't need it? If this is such a grand and great thing, shove it up our asses because we're all too stupid to know any better, right, oh towering inferno?

I didn't say I like the GOP approach either. Their approach is basically no approach at all. The Dem approach has been 100 different approaches. Either model in the world of private business would result in running said business into the ground.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Oct 27, 2009 -> 11:43 AM)
it's also not a secret that the 60 vote supermajority required for everything passing the Senate is also a new development over the last 10 years or so, and especially the last 3.

And regardless of what party is in charge, I despise this fact.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Oct 27, 2009 -> 09:44 AM)
I didn't say I like the GOP approach either. Their approach is basically no approach at all. The Dem approach has been 100 different approaches. Either model in the world of private business would result in running said business into the ground.

So basically you've accepted my premise that the only way to fix the system is to make health care public. Yay. :lolhitting