The Democrat Thread

Rex Kickass

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Nov 1, 2009 -> 08:02 AM)
What was unclear? Obama did it his way. This was one way he chose to honor these slain soldiers. Bush also did it his own way.

They both did it the same exact way. The same way every leader across the globe does it....the same way every President in the past did it. Although in the Bush era media was forbidden.

• Replies 20.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• StrangeSox

• Balta1701

• lostfan

• BigSqwert

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Nov 1, 2009 -> 08:24 AM)
They both did it the same exact way. The same way every leader across the globe does it....the same way every President in the past did it. Although in the Bush era media was forbidden.

What are you talking about? No, they didn't do it the same way - they did it different ways, as has been illustrated here. Visits to Iraq, letters, calls to families, visiting coffins, etc... all different ways done at different times by different leaders.

What are you getting at here?

The point I was trying to make was that every President, even Bush, did the same types of things with regards to honoring the injured and deceased. Perhaps this specific location, Dover, wasn't visited by Bush but in the grand scheme of things they're all the same regarding this "issue".

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Nov 1, 2009 -> 10:30 AM)
The point I was trying to make was that every President, even Bush, did the same types of things with regards to honoring the injured and deceased. Perhaps this specific location, Dover, wasn't visited by Bush but in the grand scheme of things they're all the same regarding this "issue".

Then you aren't really saying anything differently from what NSS is saying.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Nov 1, 2009 -> 10:22 AM)
Then you aren't really saying anything differently from what NSS is saying.

I don't think anyone is. There's no one in this thread regarding this issue that has manufactured outrage, except bmags reacting to what I posted.

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Nov 1, 2009 -> 05:15 PM)
I don't think anyone is. There's no one in this thread regarding this issue that has manufactured outrage, except bmags reacting to what I posted.

Everyone, in so many words, has concurred with what I originally said, which was that the manufactured criticism is bulls***.

Hey BigSqwert - you asked about Great American Hypocrites, assuming you're a fan of Greenwald's blogs, you'll like it. Sure it's biased and he writes in this harsh tone towards Republicans but that's the point of the book and I don't mind that, because on his blog he spends a lot of time ripping Democrats too for the same reasons so he's intellectually honest.

I'm only in chapter 1 though, I didn't know John Wayne was a draft-dodger, who had no problem calling other people who didn't support war cowards later in life. He sets up the rest of his book this way.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Nov 2, 2009 -> 08:42 AM)
Hey BigSqwert - you asked about Great American Hypocrites, assuming you're a fan of Greenwald's blogs, you'll like it. Sure it's biased and he writes in this harsh tone towards Republicans but that's the point of the book and I don't mind that, because on his blog he spends a lot of time ripping Democrats too for the same reasons so he's intellectually honest.

I'm only in chapter 1 though, I didn't know John Wayne was a draft-dodger, who had no problem calling other people who didn't support war cowards later in life. He sets up the rest of his book this way.

Nice. Huge fan of Greenwald so I'm sure I'll enjoy reading this. I'll try grabbing it before I fly back home tomorrow.

QUOTE (Soxy @ Nov 3, 2009 -> 02:52 PM)
I read them just for Joe Biden's contributions. Hilarious.

Those are my favorite parts.

Edward Kennedy: Ooooo look at me, I'm Ted Kennedy

Robert Gibbs: God dammit Joe, is that you?

Edward Kenedy: Um, who's Joe?

Robert Gibbs: My office. Now.

(paraphrased)

QUOTE (lostfan @ Nov 3, 2009 -> 03:02 PM)
Those are my favorite parts.

Edward Kennedy: Ooooo look at me, I'm Ted Kennedy

Robert Gibbs: God dammit Joe, is that you?

Edward Kenedy: Um, who's Joe?

Robert Gibbs: My office. Now.

(paraphrased)

My favorite was:

Joe Biden gives Barack Obama a doob.

Gibbs: I give up.

Joe Biden gives Robert Gibbs a hug.

QUOTE (Soxy @ Nov 3, 2009 -> 03:19 PM)
My favorite was:

Joe Biden gives Barack Obama a doob.

Gibbs: I give up.

Joe Biden gives Robert Gibbs a hug.

Mine was the one where Hillary Clinton said "you know people can see this, right?" I forget which one it is, there's like 8.

gay marriage forces need to start hitting back hard message-wise, because the same thing happened in Maine as Cali.

Anti-gays: The gays want to control your kids EDUCATION and GAY THEM UP !!!

Gays: It's not a big deal, it won't affect your life, vote for equality

Which is more motivating to vote for. What's more, gay marriage is a pretty motivating issue. I follow the referendums a lot, i did what I could for california. Why they don't hit more on the DENIAL OF RIGHTS the MARGINALIZATION of a productive, hardworking minority that faces physical threats constantly...

see? It's easy.

But it's hard not to look at the ads anti-gay marriage forces put up and not think that they are just despicable, despicable people.

Alternate versions of reality (i.e., lies) don't stop them. As an example, look at all the Republicans who have never been anywhere close to the military but endlessly cheer on wars (Giuliani, Romney, Thompson, Cheney, too many more to name), and at the same time Demorats who are honest-to-god veterans and/or war heroes that have opposed wars in various forms (Murtha, Kerry, Carter, Gore, Dukakis, etc. and I'll even throw in H.W. Bush) are sissies and cowards.

I love snopes. A friend just forwarded an email with some phony outrage regarding Michelel Obama's unprecedented number of assistants. It pointed out how other first ladies like Laura Bush only had one assistant and how much all of this is costing the taxpayer. "And this is change we can believe in??"

A quick snopes check shows that Michelle does have the number of assistants as the email stated but it's exactly in line with other first ladies. I went ahead and replied to every single person in the email chain with the snopes results.