Top Posters In This Topic

• StrangeSox

• Balta1701

• lostfan

• BigSqwert

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Um, yay?

We thought the speaking lineup for next Tuesday had been finalized, but there's been a late addition. Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-Minn.) will deliver her own response to President Obama's State of the Union address, to be webcast by the group Tea Party Express next Tuesday.

The group announced Bachmann's upcoming remarks in an e-mail to supporters Friday afternoon.

Earlier Friday, Republicans had announced that Wisconsin Rep. Paul Ryan, who chairs the House Budget Committee, would deliver the GOP's response to Obama after the State of the Union address is over. Bachmann's remarks at TeaPartyExpress.org, apparently, will supplement the GOP response with a tea-party perspective.

Bachmann's webcast will follow Ryan's, so tea party Republicans won't have to choose whom to watch.

Pretty big shocker that Olbermann signed off one last time night last. Wonder what really happened behind the scenes. I know he received some of the best ratings for the network. I wonder if he'll get another show elsewhere.

Edited by BigSqwert

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jan 22, 2011 -> 08:56 AM)
Pretty big shocker that Olbermann signed off one last time night last. Wonder what really happened behind the scenes. I know he received some of the best ratings for the network. I wonder if he'll get another show elsewhere.

He's done at MSNBC?

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jan 22, 2011 -> 11:34 AM)
I honestly don't know what you're referring to. Is this something on MSNBC?

Dan Patrick and Keith Olbermann would do the NBC Sunday Night football show. Brought back memories of my childhood, so many years ago, when Sportscenter was excellent.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jan 22, 2011 -> 08:56 AM)

Comcast takes over NBC on Monday.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jan 22, 2011 -> 07:56 AM)

Kind of like being the tallest midget, no?

One thing I heard was he wanted to re-negotiate his $7 million/yr salary. Over the course of his 8 years at the channel he threatened numerous times to leave. This time Phil Griifin accepted and called the blufferoo. Also he is barred from broadcasting on other channels, but for how long I did not hear.

QUOTE (Cknolls @ Jan 23, 2011 -> 09:25 AM)
One thing I heard was he wanted to re-negotiate his $7 million/yr salary. Over the course of his 8 years at the channel he threatened numerous times to leave. This time Phil Griifin accepted and called the blufferoo. Also he is barred from broadcasting on other channels, but for how long I did not hear.

He's under contract for 2 years, so that's the longest they could keep him off TV. It probably is similar to Conan's circumstance, where if he comes back on another channel he gets paid less.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 23, 2011 -> 11:19 AM)
He's under contract for 2 years, so that's the longest they could keep him off TV. It probably is similar to Conan's circumstance, where if he comes back on another channel he gets paid less.

Rachel Maddow was on Bill Maher's show on Friday night and made everything seem very amicable, however, who knows if that is really the truth.

Maybe he'll move to Mexico like Jesse Ventura :)

I think he was fired by Comcast for a few reasons, as this happened right after the NBC buyout by Comcast was approved. Comcast is notorious for not paying people high salaries for what they feel are easily replaceable ratings, and frankly, for what Olbermann made, his ratings were far too low to quantify it. Comcast also plays hardball and loves to send messages to companies that they buy out -- if you think you're safe, think again -- we have no qualms of firing you or anyone for that matter.

The party of exclusion in full effect...

One invitation has been followed by a lot of rejection for the Conservative Political Action Conference.

After event organizers decided to allow GOProud, a gay Republican group, to be a "participating organization" for a second straight year, social conservative organizations like the Family Research Council and Concerned Women for America decided they wouldn't be coming out. Ditto for the Heritage Foundation and the American Family Association. Now, two more leading conservatives have announced they're going to skip March's festivities.

"With leading conservatives organizations not participating this year, Senator [Jim] DeMint will not be attending. He hopes to attend a unified CPAC next year," a spokesman for the South Carolina Republican told CNN.

New Jersey Governor Chris Christie also declined an invite, but his spokesman wouldn't elaborate.

Edited by BigSqwert

Well, I guess it's good to know that there is a situation that won't call for mass bloodshed.

Here at RedState, we too have drawn a line. We will not endorse any candidate who will not reject the judicial usurpation of Roe v. Wade and affirm that the unborn are no less entitled to a right to live simply because of their size or their physical location. Those who wish to write on the front page of RedState must make the same pledge. The reason for this is simple: once before, our nation was forced to repudiate the Supreme Court with mass bloodshed. We remain steadfast in our belief that this will not be necessary again, but only if those committed to justice do not waiver or compromise, and send a clear and unmistakable signal to their elected officials of what must be necessary to earn our support.
(Redstate.com's editor in Chief is also a CNN employee).

Glenn Beck: George Soros runs Shadow Government!

Do we have a shadow government? Answer it now. Remember how you answer it. And then answer it again after today's show and tomorrow's show.

The question is: Do we have a shadow government? And if we do, who are those intelligent minority that is guiding us through? And where are they guiding us to?

If you skip past all of the puppet and the strings, if you stop looking at the puppets, themselves, you have to see who's behind the puppets. Who is choosing the puppets and the players? Who's the puppet master? George Soros.

Now I am sure that this will be called a conspiracy theory. And quite honestly, a year ago, two years ago, I wouldn't have believed it myself.

But it is right out in the open. I encourage you: Do not take my word for this. Do your own research.

And don't go to conspiracy Web sites or anything else. Go to his own books. Go to biographies written about him. Go to things that are well-documented like "60 Minutes," things that are well known for their accuracy.

We have all of the materials that put this show together at GlennBeck.com and in my free e-mail newsletter. I want you to see the footnotes on this program. Do not take anything I say as gospel tonight. I want you to decide for yourself.

I want you to question with boldness. Is George Soros a man who says, yes, you will be perfect and you will be perfect? Is he really a puppet master? And if he is, how does he control? How does he control?

That is just standard Beck ranting. Insert (conspiracy theory to further nefarious plot) controlled by (liberal puppetmaster) which you can verify because (I went to the library/you can find this on Google/this stuff is easily verifiable).

The more you read, really, the less you find it has anything to do with ideology as it is just big money looking out for big money, and you can tie virtually everything back to that. Cliche I know, but I can't say I'm wrong..