• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• StrangeSox

• Balta1701

• southsider2k5

• mr_genius

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Oct 7, 2008 -> 02:56 PM)
I particularly disliked the ad where he claimed McCain wants to teach sex ed to kindergarten students.....oh wait.

you didn't see it because McCain threatened to have his supporters destroy the TV station if they showed it... oh wait.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Oct 7, 2008 -> 03:17 PM)
Huh?

If someone is going to air a commercial or have an interview with an author that Obama does not approve of, Obama has threatened to have their licensed revoked.

"This advertisement knowingly misleads your viewing audience about Senator Obama's position on the Second Amendment," says the letter from Obama general counsel Bob Bauer. "For the sake of both FCC licensing requirements and the public interest, your station should refuse to continue to air this advertisement."

The dirtiest tactic in recent election history by far. They know if he wins they could very well get their license revoked. It's an obvious threat. I would actually be very surprised if you support such threats.

He has also sent out commands to his followers to go after any station that has authors whom write a negative book about Obama. Who knows, Obama has so many fanatical worshippers he really shouldn't be sending out orders to go after any media outlets. Results could end up being tragic.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Oct 7, 2008 -> 03:38 PM)
That's all you have? It's ok to lie about sex ed and kindergarten children in your book but you're outraged that Obama's general counsel suggested that a station refuse to to continue to air an advertisement.

I don't care about McCain's ads, this is true. I don't care about Obama running ads about how McCain is too dumb to use a computer.

I DO care about a potential president threatening to remove the FCC license of radio stations which have certain authors on or run political ads against Obama. It's really an outrage. I don't care how much of a fanatical Obama supporter you are, you should see the fault in such threats.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 7, 2008 -> 03:45 PM)
What a terrible thing, the Obama campaign doesn't want lies spread.

Sorry, I will not support a presidential candidate threating to removing FCC licenses because a critic of his is going to be on air. Everything negative thing about an incumbent could all of a sudden become a 'lie'.

have someone go on air to dispute the claims or something.

Edited by mr_genius

QUOTE (Cknolls @ Oct 7, 2008 -> 02:55 PM)
Ayers was proud of his attempt to kill nine-year-old John Murtagh and his family. He said, for publication, that his only regret was that he and his murderous colleagues hadn't tried to kill more people.

Can anyone cite this purported "publication?" If this is a reference to the infamous 9/11 New York Times piece, it is grossly distorted and way out of context.

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html...;pagewanted=all

Edited by PlaySumFnJurny

QUOTE (mr_genius @ Oct 7, 2008 -> 03:34 PM)
If someone is going to air a commercial or have an interview with an author that Obama does not approve of, Obama has threatened to have their licensed revoked.

The dirtiest tactic in recent election history by far. They know if he wins they could very well get their license revoked. It's an obvious threat. I would actually be very surprised if you support such threats.

He has also sent out commands to his followers to go after any station that has authors whom write a negative book about Obama. Who knows, Obama has so many fanatical worshippers he really shouldn't be sending out orders to go after any media outlets. Results could end up being tragic.

Hm. If the letter had been everything BUT the FCC mention, I would have been fine with it. In fact, I'd say it would be the smart thing to do.

But I have to agree with you on the FCC aspect - its a thinly veiled threat. Its scuzzy and unprofessional. I don't think I'd go to the extent of "dirtiest tactic in recent election history by far", which I find a gross exaggeration. But its scummy and wrong none the less.

QUOTE (mr_genius @ Oct 7, 2008 -> 06:50 PM)

Let's see. I'll bet that all the false registrations registered as Democrats, that some low level flunky will be charged with doing this on thier own, despite a pattern around the country of ACORN doing this very thing, and the democrats on here will try to say that this is no big thing, only a few names, no pattern, and just distracts from the 'issues'.

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Oct 7, 2008 -> 05:00 PM)
Let's see. I'll bet that all the false registrations registered as Democrats, that some low level flunky will be charged with doing this on thier own, despite a pattern around the country of ACORN doing this very thing, and the democrats on here will try to say that this is no big thing, only a few names, no pattern, and just distracts from the 'issues'.

And I'll bet that we'll wind up finding maybe 20, 25 people in the country who actually try to vote twice. And in an effort to prevent that, we'll wind up making sure a few hundred thousand people don't vote.

It will probably just go for naught, but here's ACORN's response, saying that they already informed the government about a couple problem applications and have repeatedly responded to requests for information about those people, 46 to be exact out of some 80,000 new applications in Clark County, Nevada

Election officials routinely ignored this information and failed to act. In early July, ACORN asked to meet with election officials to express our concerns that they were not acting on information ACORN had presented to them. ACORN met with Clark County elections officials and a representative of the Secretary of State on July 17th. ACORN pleaded with them to take our concerns about fraudulent applications seriously. One week later, elections officials asked us to provide them with a second copy of what we had previously provided to them. ACORN responded by giving election officials copies of 46 "problem application packages," which involved 33 former canvassers.

On September 23, ACORN had received a subpoena dated September 19^th requesting information on 15 employees, all of whom had been included in the packages we had previously submitted to election officials. ACORN provided our personnel records on these 15 employees on September 29.

Today's raid by the Secretary of State's Office is a stunt that serves no useful purpose other than discredit our work registering Nevadans and distracting us from the important work ahead of getting every eligible voter to the polls."

Stay classy Dems......

Missouri Senator Claire McCaskill's mild affect masks a bit of a killer, and that she's perhaps the Obama campaign's deftest surrogate on the attack.

But I was still kind of amused by her brief interaction with Mitt Romney in the press file just now.

McCaskill was stepping out of her chair at the end of an MSNBC interview, and Romney was up next. She and a staffer unplugged her various wires, and she handed Romney the earpiece the guests use to hear the host.

"I spit on this before I put it in," she said to Romney, with a sweet smile

Why don't people (on both sides) realize this kind of petty sh*t makes them all look bad

I was sent this in an e-mail a few days ago, kinda funny. Don't know whether anyone actually said this though.

"On television today a Democratic spokesman pointed out that when Obama

holds a rally 25-30,000 people show up, whereas when McCain holds one he

only draws 10-15,000.

The Republican spokesman replied, 'That's because McCain's supporters are

at work.'"

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Oct 8, 2008 -> 07:48 AM)
I was sent this in an e-mail a few days ago, kinda funny. Don't know whether anyone actually said this though.

"On television today a Democratic spokesman pointed out that when Obama

holds a rally 25-30,000 people show up, whereas when McCain holds one he

only draws 10-15,000.

The Republican spokesman replied, 'That's because McCain's supporters are

at work.'"

he has a point. A large portion of Obama supporters are college students, who can take off during the day to go to an event.

QUOTE (mr_genius @ Oct 7, 2008 -> 04:34 PM)

RACISM RACISM RACISM RACISM RACISM

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 7, 2008 -> 04:45 PM)
What a terrible thing, the Obama campaign doesn't want lies spread.

When you give someone a tax break doesn't the person receiving the tax break actually have to PAY TAXES? Why doesn't he just say he wants to re-distribute income? Be honest.

ACORN: Look, We Can't Weed Out Fraudulent Voters. It's What We Do.

This sounds like an Onion parody:

A national voter-registration group admitted to Cuyahoga County election officials Tuesday that it cannot eliminate fraud from its operation.

The group blamed inefficiency and lack of resources for problems such as being unable to spot duplicate voter-registration cards or cards that may have been filled out by workers to make quotas.

The Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now, or ACORN, has turned in at least 65,000 cards to the Cuyahoga County Board of Elections in the last year. The board has investigated potentially fraudulent cards since August.

The group has faced similar inquiries in other large Ohio counties. And Nevada state authorities recently raided ACORN's Las Vegas headquarters searching for evidence of fraud, according to the Associated Press.

...Cuyahoga election workers flagged about 50 names on suspicious cards. The cards were to register the same names, raising the possibility that canvassers shared information when trying to make quotas.

...Kris Harsh, ACORN's head Cleveland organizer, blamed the elections board for not scrutinizing ACORN's suspicious cards. He said the group can't be expected to catch everything.

"None of us have ever achieved perfection," Harsh said.

Apparently 105% of the population of Indianapolis is registered to vote. i wonder if ACORN has an office or three there?

http://sayanythingblog.com/entry/more_vote...its_population/

Oh, and they have problems in Missouri also

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081009/ap_on_el_ge/voter_fraud

Edited by Alpha Dog