The Republican Thread

Rex Kickass

I guess even Sylar is drinking the Kool-Aid.....

Star Trek’’s new Spock insists that the new sci-fi blockbuster will be more successful at the U.S. box office if Democratic presidential hopeful Barack Obama wins the race to the White House.

According to actor Zachary Quinto, Obama’’s optimism will drive film fans to see films that have positive messages - like Star Trek.

“This is a franchise that offers hope for unity, and so does Barack Obama, the Daily Express quoted Quinto, as telling Entertainment Weekly magazine.

“When this movie comes out, and Obama is President, hopefully there will be some parallels, Quinto added.

Meanwhile, the original Spock, Leonard Nimoy reckons that the film should have been released prior to next month’’s U.S. election - to give movie fans a boost amid gloomy economic and environmental crises.

“My only regret is that the movie cant come out sooner. I think the world could use it. Dont you? he said. (ANI)

:lolhitting

• Replies 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• StrangeSox

• Balta1701

• southsider2k5

• mr_genius

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well, an imagined threat that only one repoerter heard but can't verify gets major play, while a confirmed threat against someone with a McCain bumper sticker gets thrown out of court. I guess it just seemed like a threat, but wasn't actually one. Bot how I would have taken it.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/6062106.html

Threat charges won't stick

Sugar Land woman had been arrested for confronting man over Obama decal

By ALLAN TURNER

Copyright 2008 Houston Chronicle

Fort Bend County authorities said Thursday they have dropped criminal charges against a woman who confronted a pickup driver about a bumper sticker that depicted a little boy urinating on the name "Obama."

Angry words, maybe, but no immediate threat to do serious bodily harm. That was the conclusion of the District Attorney's Office in dismissing a terroristic threat charge that grew out of the July dispute.

Chynethia Gragg was arrested after Sugar Land police said she accosted Plantation Bend resident Doug McKain, who had the anti-Obama sticker on his truck.

District Attorney John Healey said the misdemeanor charge against Gragg has been dropped. In court documents, McKain said Gragg confronted him, pledging she would "get someone to take care of him later" if he didn't remove the sticker.

I guess you have to spell it out in big block letters in Fort Bend County to be understood.

With all the talk on the fringes of the left about McCain's medical records and such, has anyone looked at Biden's records? he had near-fatal aneurysms in 1988. And he has also not released HIS medical records. Maybe a few MSM papers can remove somebody fro the Joe the Plumber beat and look into it.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1008/14700.html

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Oct 19, 2008 -> 09:21 PM)
With all the talk on the fringes of the left about McCain's medical records and such, has anyone looked at Biden's records? he had near-fatal aneurysms in 1988. And he has also not released HIS medical records. Maybe a few MSM papers can remove somebody fro the Joe the Plumber beat and look into it.

:lolhitting

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Oct 19, 2008 -> 09:21 PM)

I would think there is a difference between Pres/Vice President as far as concern goes. If McCain is elected and then dies, the risk is much greater than if Obama is elected and Biden dies.

Seriously though, who cares either way? I'm sure if McCain were suffering a cancer relapse he wouldn't run, he does care about the country too much for that...

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Oct 19, 2008 -> 08:21 PM)

Biden's medical records were released today.

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5h3STB5J...pRbWQAD93UC5VG0

They say he's in good health.

QUOTE (Cknolls @ Oct 16, 2008 -> 07:05 AM)
“There’s no question Western Pennsylvania is a racist area,” said Mr. Murtha, whose district stretches from Johnstown to Washington County. “The older population is more hesitant.”

Who in their right mind would vote for this ass monkey?

One of my good friends is from Pittsburgh, and his mother was in town last week. She told me that many of the old ladies she knows (she called them steel widows), who have voted Democratic all their life, can't bring themselves to vote for a Black man. She said they'll probably stay home.

Most of Pittsburgh (which is in western Penn) is like this. How was Murtha wrong?

QUOTE (longshot7 @ Oct 20, 2008 -> 03:56 PM)
One of my good friends is from Pittsburgh, and his mother was in town last week. She told me that many of the old ladies she knows (she called them steel widows), who have voted Democratic all their life, can't bring themselves to vote for a Black man. She said they'll probably stay home.

Most of Pittsburgh (which is in western Penn) is like this. How was Murtha wrong?

Well I guess if your friends mom says the whole area is racist they are.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Oct 20, 2008 -> 04:33 PM)
yet nothing from Palin. odd. She should be the most healthy of the 4.

Obama and Palin are close to the same age, but Obama hasn't released a whole lot either except to say he's healthy... but frankly if there aren't any major health concerns I don't really see why they should have to. It's personal stuff. In McCain and Biden's case, one had melanoma and the other had a near-fatal aneurysm a couple decades ago so the voters should know if these guys are healthy enough to do the job, as long as they pass that test they should be good.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Oct 21, 2008 -> 07:38 AM)
Obama and Palin are close to the same age, but Obama hasn't released a whole lot either except to say he's healthy... but frankly if there aren't any major health concerns I don't really see why they should have to. It's personal stuff. In McCain and Biden's case, one had melanoma and the other had a near-fatal aneurysm a couple decades ago so the voters should know if these guys are healthy enough to do the job, as long as they pass that test they should be good.

Biden had two of them actually. But once they're removed, they're removed. They can't hurt you again. The likelihood of a recurrence is less likely than Joe American having a single aneurysm to begin with.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 21, 2008 -> 09:25 AM)
Well, that would reveal that she didn't really give birth not so long ago... can't let that cat out of the bag.

Since no green, I'm sure you will source this S**tty post. And if not, keep it in the Dem thread.

Edited by Cknolls

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Oct 21, 2008 -> 09:58 AM)
What on earth are you talking about? I can't even tell what you are trying to say with that double-negative.

The unusual and highly secretive nature of her most recent birth. My previous post has a link with more info.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Oct 21, 2008 -> 10:15 AM)
Still should be kept in the Dem thread.

I'd agree. I read the article, and I still don't see what Steve is getting at. I also don't think its at all meaningful to hyperanalyze her pregnancy like that. Every mother is different, make different decisions, have different doctors, etc.