The Republican Thread

Rex Kickass

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 17, 2008 -> 10:34 AM)
That's just it. That track record is bogus. It's like taking a click at Russian Roulet and thinking you are invincible because you didn't get the bullet.

I believe the Clinton administration backed Greenspan's push for deregulation in the derivatives market, right?

• Replies 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• StrangeSox

• Balta1701

• southsider2k5

• mr_genius

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Nov 17, 2008 -> 12:12 PM)
And I voiced my opinion that said opinion is in my opinion ridiculous. It's the same stuff that was posted for months about Obama and all we read is how ridiculous it all was. Where were you then for the respect speech? That's actually why I started the whole "RSO (Rock Star Obama)" thing, because he was/is untouchable, but I digress.

By the way, I could care less that she's a she. Call it the Dan Quayle syndrome. It's the same damn thing, I b****ed about that 20 years ago, and I'm b****ing about this now, because I hate it when they destroy people over NOTHING. I don't care if she makes an idiot of herself and then gets thrown to the wolves on real issues, she has it coming then.

I think what's even more funny is, we're saying the same thing and getting all hung up on the details of how it's being said. I'll cry uncle now. :)

You've had a bit more than an opinion towards those you were "disgusted" with as they were "laughing and saying see" at her and you know it. I wasn't around this forum back then but if I was I would have surely said something. And for the record I thought that your RSO and a lot of the comments towards those that supported him were disgusting but that was their fight so I stayed out of it.

How things are said is important, IMO.

QUOTE (Steff @ Nov 17, 2008 -> 12:40 PM)
You've had a bit more than an opinion towards those you were "disgusted" with as they were "laughing and saying see" at her and you know it. I wasn't around this forum back then but if I was I would have surely said something. And for the record I thought that your RSO and a lot of the comments towards those that supported him were disgusting but that was their fight so I stayed out of it.

How things are said is important, IMO.

Sure I'm disgusted by it. I do think it's disgusting. Just like it's your opinion it's disgusting that I said what I did about Obama. Guess what? At the end, it's all the same.

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Nov 17, 2008 -> 01:06 PM)
Sure I'm disgusted by it. I do think it's disgusting. Just like it's your opinion it's disgusting that I said what I did about Obama. Guess what? At the end, it's all the same.

Attacking someone and attacking their words is not the same. I think many of the things you said were disgusting, but I don't think you are disgusting.

QUOTE (Steff @ Nov 17, 2008 -> 01:41 PM)
Attacking someone and attacking their words is not the same. I think many of the things you said were disgusting, but I don't think you are disgusting.

I'm flattered. :lol:

I think a lot of times I just get in a hurry, because I don't mean for it to be mean spirited. Sarcastic? Yep. Mean? Nope.

bash.jpg

So to protest Prop 8 passing in California, a michigan militant group decided to invade a michigan church, throw condoms, pink glitter, and have an upside down pink cross screaming Jesus is Gay. You want to make sure that things like prop 8 pass everytime, attack churches and put up anarchists websites that make you look like a islamic terrorist. An organized effort to attack churches is not going to go over well.

Church desecration

Bach-Back-Nov9-pic.jpg

Edited by southsideirish71

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Nov 17, 2008 -> 11:13 PM)
bash.jpg

So to protest Prop 8 passing in California, a michigan militant group decided to invade a michigan church, throw condoms, pink glitter, and have an upside down pink cross screaming Jesus is Gay. You want to make sure that things like prop 8 pass everytime, attack churches and put up anarchists websites that make you look like a islamic terrorist. An organized effort to attack churches is not going to go over well.

Church desecration

Bach-Back-Nov9-pic.jpg

haha what a bunch of idiots.

Fred Phelps is gonna be pissed, some people are challenging his group for the title of biggest doucebags in the United States.

QUOTE (mr_genius @ Nov 17, 2008 -> 11:46 PM)
haha what a bunch of idiots.

Fred Phelps is gonna be pissed, some people are challenging his group for the title of biggest doucebags in the United States.

I smell a hoax.

QUOTE (Texsox @ Nov 18, 2008 -> 09:27 AM)
I smell a hoax.

haha maybe like the 'Iron my shirt!' guy from that Hillary Clinton town hall meeting.

if those are real protestors (which it wouldn't surprise me if they were) their protest certainly would have the same level of integrity as some radio shock jock publicity stunt.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Nov 18, 2008 -> 11:34 AM)
Just like the girl with the scratched "B" on her cheek did not represent all republican voters, these 20 or so people do not represent the millions of gays across the country.

yet the 'B' lady was front page news and these protestors get no media coverage. i wonder why

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Nov 18, 2008 -> 11:43 AM)
And if I recall, pro-GOP Matt Drudge was the only one that made that story a top headline at first as he tried to make news that wasn't really there. It became front page news everywhere else when it turned out to be all staged.

oh that evil matt drudge. i hope you guys can figure out a way to shut him down, he's just downright not pro-democrat enough.

i wish the media was only pro-democrat infomercials like MSNBC, CNN, the New York Times, and Dailykos. a perfect world.

QUOTE (mr_genius @ Nov 18, 2008 -> 11:45 AM)
oh that evil matt drudge. i hope you guys can figure out a way to shut him down, he's just downright not pro-democrat enough.

i wish the media was only pro-democrat infomercials like MSNBC, CNN, the New York Times, and Dailykos. a perfect world.

So in your eyes a story that apparently involved a racial hate crime and theft was not headline worthy but a group of gays throwing pink glitter and condoms at a church should be a major breaking story?

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Nov 18, 2008 -> 12:47 PM)
So in your eyes a story that apparently involved a racial hate crime and theft was not headline worthy but a group of gays throwing pink glitter and condoms at a church should be a major breaking story?

Thats not what he's saying. He's saying they should be reported on equally. Neither story really is that big of a deal. Every type of group has those on the fringe that are not representative of the group as a whole.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Nov 18, 2008 -> 11:47 AM)

the story wouldn't have got any headlines if it was true. not nearly pro-Democrat enough. could make Obama supporters look bad. don't want that.

where was the hate crime anyways? even if true i don't think scrapping a 'B' in someones cheek because they had a McCain bumper sticker would have been a hate crime. a battery crime yes.

QUOTE (mr_genius @ Nov 18, 2008 -> 12:45 PM)

You asked "I wonder why" and he told you, his answer was 100% accurate. It became a story when Matt Drudge made it a story, before that it was just local news. What Democrats feel about Drudge has 0 relevance here.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Nov 18, 2008 -> 11:52 AM)
Thats not what he's saying. He's saying they should be reported on equally. Neither story really is that big of a deal. Every type of group has those on the fringe that are not representative of the group as a whole.

I don't see how a story involving violence and one that is non-violent should be reported on equally.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Nov 18, 2008 -> 12:08 PM)
You asked "I wonder why" and he told you, his answer was 100% accurate. It became a story when Matt Drudge made it a story, before that it was just local news. What Democrats feel about Drudge has 0 relevance here.

actually it wasn't a story until it was a proven hoax. if it was real it would have been ignored by most of the media, Drudge or not. the reason it was front page news all of a sudden was because it was a story to make the McCain campaign look bad.

QUOTE (mr_genius @ Nov 18, 2008 -> 12:12 PM)
actually it wasn't a story until it was a proven hoax. if it was real it would have been ignored by most of the media, Drudge or not. the reason it was front page news all of a sudden was because it was a story to make the McCain campaign look bad.

Oh please. Put away the tinfoil hat.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Nov 18, 2008 -> 12:09 PM)
I don't see how a story involving violence and one that is non-violent should be reported on equally.

the violence story would have been ignored. the hoax, self-mutilation was front page news. it was a political story, it was part of a narrative once it was shown that this was a McCain supporter trying to pull a fast one.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Nov 18, 2008 -> 12:13 PM)
Oh please. Put away the tinfoil hat.

dude if you don't think the media has been completely pro-Obama and attacked McCain you are blind. they are even admitting it now.

why are you posting in the GOP thread so much?

i mean for f***s sake, major media outlets are selling Obama DVD's, putting him on the cover of magazines comparing him to FDR, calling him the greatest president of our generation and he hasn't even been sworn in yet. this isn't non-biased reporting. Obama could be the best ever and i sure hope he is, but this isn't unbiased reporting we are seeing.

Edited by mr_genius