The Republican Thread

Rex Kickass

wow. i was watching good morning america and saw that Dr. Ben Carson was running.

anyone remember who he is?? HBO made a movie about him , gifted hands.

well, the one problem i have is, what other political post has he had, beside touring on public speaking.

however, i like him for 2 reasons.

1. he has a legit game plan since 2014. he wants to see some positive things done, some of which i agree with.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ben_Carson#Economic_issues

2. and i hate to pull the minority card here, but it is a great move to split the minority vote that usually goes for the Dem's with Dr. Carson.

think about it, he is brilliant and will be running against Hillary . the dem's usually have the majority of the minority votes, i can see the rep getting into this area.

now comes what the dems need to do, if it is Clinton running, they need to make the announcement really quick of her Vice pres. the only move will be getting a minority.

either the hispanic twin from TX or either of the 2 african americans in the north east states.

now this election is going to get very interesting.

• Replies 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• StrangeSox

• Balta1701

• southsider2k5

• mr_genius

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (LDF @ Oct 27, 2015 -> 04:20 PM)
wow. i was watching good morning america and saw that Dr. Ben Carson was running.

anyone remember who he is?? HBO made a movie about him , gifted hands.

well, the one problem i have is, what other political post has he had, beside touring on public speaking.

however, i like him for 2 reasons.

1. he has a legit game plan since 2014. he wants to see some positive things done, some of which i agree with.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ben_Carson#Economic_issues

2. and i hate to pull the minority card here, but it is a great move to split the minority vote that usually goes for the Dem's with Dr. Carson.

think about it, he is brilliant and will be running against Hillary . the dem's usually have the majority of the minority votes, i can see the rep getting into this area.

now comes what the dems need to do, if it is Clinton running, they need to make the announcement really quick of her Vice pres. the only move will be getting a minority.

either the hispanic twin from TX or either of the 2 african americans in the north east states.

now this election is going to get very interesting.

He's been running for a while now. For some media, the media isn't embracing the fact Carson is African-American. I think it's because he's rich and if you read Jason Whitlock's take on such matters, the average African-American voters don't like rich minorites. They think they are sellouts for some reason. I'm not saying "all." Just read Whitlock's historical takes on the matter.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 27, 2015 -> 02:43 PM)
He's been running for a while now. For some media, the media isn't embracing the fact Carson is African-American. I think it's because he's rich and if you read Jason Whitlock's take on such matters, the average African-American voters don't like rich minorites. They think they are sellouts for some reason. I'm not saying "all." Just read Whitlock's historical takes on the matter.

The media is more focused on the fact that behind Carson's syrupy prose, the content is quite frightening. He has shown to be full-on ignorant of world affairs, and while Trump's public statements have been abrasive, Carson's have at times been outright offensive. He just doesn't get as much flash and dash out of it because he isn't screaming.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Oct 27, 2015 -> 09:22 PM)
The media is more focused on the fact that behind Carson's syrupy prose, the content is quite frightening. He has shown to be full-on ignorant of world affairs, and while Trump's public statements have been abrasive, Carson's have at times been outright offensive. He just doesn't get as much flash and dash out of it because he isn't screaming.

and you make a very good point which i was, in a way trying to say the same thing without your command of the king's language.

but at the end of the day, it will come down to race. it doesn't matter on what opinion anyone may have on Trump.

beyond the race card, Dr. Carson is a brilliant man.

i just don't see anyone coming out of the Rep party who could challenge him.

ref the the flash and screaming, all that will do is paint a negative picture. he doesn't need to do that.

but i don't know, some of his ideas, i am wondering if he is in the wrong party..... just my opinion.

QUOTE (LDF @ Oct 27, 2015 -> 03:57 PM)
and you make a very good point which i was, in a way trying to say the same thing without your command of the king's language.

but at the end of the day, it will come down to race. it doesn't matter on what opinion anyone may have on Trump.

beyond the race card, Dr. Carson is a brilliant man.

i just don't see anyone coming out of the Rep party who could challenge him.

ref the the flash and screaming, all that will do is paint a negative picture. he doesn't need to do that.

but i don't know, some of his ideas, i am wondering if he is in the wrong party..... just my opinion.

I'll say again, your list from earlier didn't even include the guy who I'd bet on winning the GOP nomination. It's not Carson, or Trump, or any of the others you listed.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Oct 27, 2015 -> 10:13 PM)
I'll say again, your list from earlier didn't even include the guy who I'd bet on winning the GOP nomination. It's not Carson, or Trump, or any of the others you listed.

i will be honest here. i was really trying to stay out of this and therefore i was not keeping up with crap, concerning the presidential race. let say i really have a skewed way of looking into this. this is all on me.

but i was watching GMA and i saw Dr Carson and this was the first i saw it.

i just hope i can just drop this little bit of enthusiasm soon.

lets also be honest, he hasn't even held office. has that ever happen before.

from the Rep side, ahhh screw it. i leave it like that.

QUOTE (CrimsonWeltall @ Oct 27, 2015 -> 10:14 PM)
Beyond neurosurgery, Dr. Carson seems to be a complete dunce.

but does that take away from him???

he is still brilliant. even revolutionize some surgery and he went to nite school to get his education.

i really recommend his movie that HBO did on him.

but look at it this way, he is not sitting on his accomplishment to sell himself.

QUOTE (LDF @ Oct 27, 2015 -> 04:31 PM)

he is still brilliant. even revolutionize some surgery and he went to nite school to get his education.

but look at it this way, he is not sitting on his accomplishment to sell himself.

Does it take away from his presidential campaign that he seems like a dunce outside of brain surgery? I would say so...

QUOTE (LDF @ Oct 27, 2015 -> 10:31 PM)

Yeah, it takes away from him. He's not running for head of neurosurgery.

QUOTE (LDF @ Oct 27, 2015 -> 10:31 PM)

Our country is bizarre. We're fixated on electing and re-electing members of the Clinton and Bush families. In a country of all these people, the masses flock to these families. You guys mock me sometimes, but I'm telling you, Michelle Obama should be gearing up to run in 8 years after Hillary is done. As well as Chelsea. Michelle probably would win in a landslide. Chelsea probably would win if Michelle doesn't run.

There have to be some more Bush family members that can run as well. I'm very disappointed in our country. The Presidency shouldn't be so easy to win just cause of your name. Where are the best and brightest? It's all the same familes or rich people who get a kick out of running. I like Carson right now, but he's basically a bored rich guy running. Of course Trump's just doing it to further his brand and feed his ego.

All the politician types are too boring or weird to even make a splash.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (CrimsonWeltall @ Oct 27, 2015 -> 09:34 PM)
Yeah, it takes away from him. He's not running for head of neurosurgery.

what you are talking about is common sense. that part of the brain is what most brilliant people are missing. that is remedy with a staff.

but that is if people are looking at the IQ to judge and pick the president.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 27, 2015 -> 04:36 PM)
Our country is bizarre. We're fixated on electing and re-electing members of the Clinton and Bush families. In a country of all these people, the masses flock to these families. You guys mock me sometimes, but I'm telling you, Michelle Obama should be gearing up to run in 8 years after Hillary is done. As well as Chelsea. Michelle probably would win in a landslide. Chelsea probably would win if Michelle doesn't run.There have to be some more Bush family members that can run as well. I'm very disappointed in our country. The Presidency shouldn't be so easy to win just cause of your name. Where are the best and brightest? It's all the same familes or rich people who get a kick out of running. I like Carson right now, but he's basically a bored rich guy running. Of course Trump's just doing it to further his brand and feed his ego.

YOU are the only one here fixated on that.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 27, 2015 -> 09:36 PM)
Our country is bizarre. We're fixated on electing and re-electing members of the Clinton and Bush families. In a country of all these people, the masses flock to these families. You guys mock me sometimes, but I'm telling you, Michelle Obama should be gearing up to run in 8 years after Hillary is done. As well as Chelsea. Michelle probably would win in a landslide. Chelsea probably would win if Michelle doesn't run.

There have to be some more Bush family members that can run as well. I'm very disappointed in our country. The Presidency shouldn't be so easy to win just cause of your name. Where are the best and brightest? It's all the same familes or rich people who get a kick out of running. I like Carson right now, but he's basically a bored rich guy running. Of course Trump's just doing it to further his brand and feed his ego.

reelecting and all that whole description of being bizarre. that is water down effect,

instead of asking for the candidate to mean something, to have a plan, a viable plan, someone who can strap this nation and its politics on their back and carry it forward.

it not there.

now it is who doesn't piss off the most people.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Oct 27, 2015 -> 09:41 PM)
YOU are the only one here fixated on that.

Where are the best and brightest? The John Kennedys, the Hubert Humphreys, the Bobby Kennedys? Where have they gone?

QUOTE (LDF @ Oct 27, 2015 -> 09:43 PM)
now it is who doesn't piss off the most people.

No, LDF. Right now it's whoever is a Democrat and whoever the public sees as entitled to take the participation trophy. Hillary has pissed off a ton of people. Why doesn't the Washington Post or NY Times tackle the Hillary personality issue? They won't go there cause they want her to win.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 27, 2015 -> 10:53 PM)
Where are the best and brightest? The John Kennedys, the Hubert Humphreys, the Bobby Kennedys? Where have they gone?

No, LDF. Right now it's whoever is a Democrat and whoever the public sees as entitled to take the participation trophy. Hillary has pissed off a ton of people. Why doesn't the Washington Post or NY Times tackle the Hillary personality issue? They won't go there cause they want her to win.

ok i was really not going to bite.... but what the hell....

greg, i like most of your post. ;)

but on this one, pls take your head out of the dem vs rep party and look at it this way. regardless of which party...... and look at it with both eyes. the candidates are nothing compared to what was out there. the topics are safe topics and empty promises on fixing the economics of the US. the medical topics and the global problems of the world.

whoop to do, will anyone do it???

now the candidate has to be charismatic, media friendly, good face value on camera, good pr and last but not least be teflon durable.

that is the state of today's politics. this is what i believe, that is why i was staying out of it, but failed. i know i will get hammered esp by those who are lying in to jump. but that is ok,

i hate the politics of the US. but that is what we have.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 27, 2015 -> 04:53 PM)

Did you seriously just go on a rant about people wanting a Clinton or a Bush, and then ask where the Kennedys are at?

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Oct 27, 2015 -> 06:31 PM)
Did you seriously just go on a rant about people wanting a Clinton or a Bush, and then ask where the Kennedys are at?

I wish we step through a wormhole and see what happened if JFK served a full 8 years followed by 8 for Bobby. No idea what would have happened, but it's a damn safe bet they wouldn't be remembered as fondly as they are now.

QUOTE (farmteam @ Oct 28, 2015 -> 02:15 AM)
I wish we step through a wormhole and see what happened if JFK served a full 8 years followed by 8 for Bobby. No idea what would have happened, but it's a damn safe bet they wouldn't be remembered as fondly as they are now.

i had to do something like this in college in the 70's.

you forgot Teddy K will then be next.

but there will be no more vietnam conflict, the CIA would have been shut down, a new intelligence dept would be there. no iran contra, i wonder if russia would have collapse??

wow the domino effect would be endless.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Oct 28, 2015 -> 12:31 AM)

Yeah but I meant the best and brightest like when John F Kennedy first came on the scene followed by Bobberoo. John Kennedy at the time was a breath of fresh air which politics needs now. Compare the charisma and leadership of a John Kennedy to the grumpy Hilly.

QUOTE (farmteam @ Oct 27, 2015 -> 09:15 PM)

I think it would have been a mixed bag as always. Some people would have loved them even more, others less. But in the 1960s we did have respect for the Presidency and the dead which has elevated JFK's time in office probably beyond what it truly was.

Having his brother and advisor/Attorney General and listening to him instead of the Joint Chiefs of Staff also arguably saved the wprld from nuclear annihilation during the Cuban Missile Crisis. So there's that.

And the 1968 version of Kennedy was basically more of a populist liberal than Gore or Obama. His whole campaign was about reaching out to all the disenfranchised groups in society such as Appalachian mine workers' families, Native Americans and migrant farm workers (Cesar Chavez/Dolores Huerta).