• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• StrangeSox

• Balta1701

• southsider2k5

• mr_genius

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (greg775 @ Dec 15, 2015 -> 04:16 AM)
I keep hearing Cruz has had a master plan and is the frontrunner now. To any Republicos out there ... I have yet to study Cruz. Is he good? Could he beat my nemesis, Hilly? Is he the one who wants to get rid of the IRS? That would be cool.

Can Cruz beat Hilly? For those of you who read my rants, is he the type of guy Greg will get excited bout?

Cruz is a very extreme conservative - he's farther right than any other candidate. He's also infamously unlikable. The Republican establishment hates him because he doesn't cooperate with them, preferring to grandstand and cause problems to build his own hype. But, ultimately, he prefers most of the same positions they do, so they'll back him if he wins.

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Dec 15, 2015 -> 10:02 AM)
Could this have been his plan all along?

I think his run is 100% ego. Mind you, it is probably 80-90% ego (or more) for all of them, but that leap from 90 to 100 is important and tells you why he is doing the things he is doing. No way he does it for someone else.

QUOTE (CrimsonWeltall @ Dec 15, 2015 -> 07:17 AM)
Cruz is a very extreme conservative - he's farther right than any other candidate. He's also infamously unlikable. The Republican establishment hates him because he doesn't cooperate with them, preferring to grandstand and cause problems to build his own hype. But, ultimately, he prefers most of the same positions they do, so they'll back him if he wins.

I don't happen to like Cruz, but he's probably one of, if not the most intelligent people in any fields. Overall though, he's too conservative for me, but he also just has a face that I can't stand. Kind of like Drose in his mask. Yep...I'm awful and I said it. Cruz just doesn't look likeable.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Dec 15, 2015 -> 11:38 AM)
I don't happen to like Cruz, but he's probably one of, if not the most intelligent people in any fields. Overall though, he's too conservative for me, but he also just has a face that I can't stand. Kind of like Drose in his mask. Yep...I'm awful and I said it. Cruz just doesn't look likeable.

The general story I've seen again and again is that Cruz is very smart, but almost universally unlikeable in person.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Dec 15, 2015 -> 10:02 AM)
The general story I've seen again and again is that Cruz is very smart, but almost universally unlikeable in person.

And every time I hear him talk, he comes off as unlikeable. Like I said, I hate to base my opinion on that stuff, but his persona and everything about him just seems like such a snide and unlikeable guy. And I can't get it out of my head. I also don't agree with his politics but I'm probably overly critical of him because I already have that bias.

Agreed on Cruz. Saw a story that mentioned when he met someone in law school, the first question out of his mouth was about their LSAT or IQ scores. Normally I'd be really skeptical of that. With him, it's 100% believable. Cruz as president is a lot more terrifying than Trump, IMO.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Dec 14, 2015 -> 04:29 PM)
Who is going to watch the debate on Tuesday? I skipped the last one, but with Trump going full-idiot since that one I am curious to see which candidates are willing to call him out on it and in what way. I don't really care what he says, but what the others around him say. Also curious to see how Cruz does with his more prime slot.

I was planning on tuning in a bit for the bolded reason.

As a guy who is entirely non-plussed by Hillary and the Republican candidates, here's what I heard from the Republican debate: 1) Let's give the military even more money than we already do; and 2) Guys shhhhh, our citizens don't need to know how much we spy on them.

Also thought it was hilarious (though unsurprising) that Trump's opening remarks were entirely about himself, and then later he complained that the media was focusing the narrative too much on him.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Dec 15, 2015 -> 09:21 PM)
Rubio comes off as knowing what he's talking about which is more than what most of the guys on stage can say.

Yeah, at least when he was talking about bills he had specific points, though I didn't verify what he sai was actually correct.

I thought Bush came off fairly well.

Edited by farmteam

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Dec 15, 2015 -> 11:38 AM)

It's incredible how many people still refuse to come to terms with the Honey Badger phenomenon.

He's had it on lock-down since the summer, Jason.

Now it's only a matter of how many ISIS attacks on US soil, some via the wide open Southern border..... will it take between now and next November, to terrify enough "independents" in Florida & Ohio, to swing for him.

End/thread

Edited by L. Ron Paultard

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 15, 2015 -> 02:58 PM)
The Trump candidacy has all but handed the White House to Hillary, which is just depressing.

Yeah you are probably right. Coronate the queen now.

QUOTE (CrimsonWeltall @ Dec 15, 2015 -> 03:17 PM)

Thank you.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Dec 15, 2015 -> 05:38 PM)

Good post and I respect it, but I kinda get blasted when I imply Hilary's face is pretty grotesque.

Trump is nuts, screaming at Bush about how he's at 3 percent. I can't imagine that bullying going over well. I mean let's say Bush was at 20 percent and Trump 19 percent. Trump would scream at Bush, "Don't believe the polls! Blah blah."

I want Trump to win sometimes just cause I hate P.C. and I hate politics. But he is a rich asshole and rich assholes are pretty much out for themselves. I mean he's lying a lot and winking at us while doing it.

I thought Bush had the performance he needed 2 or 3 debates ago. As a whole, I thought he fared the best, but it is probably too little too late. Yet again I thought Trump was terrible. I stick to my guns that the only people on that stage who would get my vote (and I'm a registered republican) are (in no particular order):

Bush, Rubio, Kasich, Fiorina, & Christie.

If the other candidates end up getting the nod, unless something significantly changes, I'll vote independent or I will write in one of the above names.

Rubio & Fiorina had their usual consistent performances. Cruz had a better showing in my eyes than any of the past debates, but I still don't like him. He's way too philosophical. Him and Rand Paul both have places, but they want to have philosophical debate and I don't really see either of them as real leaders. Not to many I don't agree with a lot of either of their positions. That said, I think they both have very important places in capital hill (as you need to have consitutionalists like Paul to make their stinks and protect the rights and similarly, people like Cruz aren't bad either...they just shouldn't be president).

I will say...I would absolutely love to see Fiorina go at Clinton in a debate. Oh my god.

Final Take: None of what I will say will matter and Trump will continue to control the polls. Why, hell if I know, but he will.

QUOTE (L. Ron Paultard @ Dec 16, 2015 -> 01:30 AM)
It's incredible how many people still refuse to come to terms with the Honey Badger phenomenon.

He's had it on lock-down since the summer, Jason.

Now it's only a matter of how many ISIS attacks on US soil, some via the wide open Southern border..... will it take between now and next November, to terrify enough "independents" in Florida & Ohio, to swing for him.

End/thread

This post is... random. WTF is a honey badger phenomenon?

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Dec 16, 2015 -> 10:39 AM)
Final Take: None of what I will say will matter and Trump will continue to control the polls. Why, hell if I know, but he will.

Please, HB's controlled the race since June, LOL

As to his appeal? Really? Not rocket surgery:

-real American,

-ultimate Success

-Alpha in a field of Beta phonies

-celebrity

-anti-Establishment (and yet the ultimate former-Insider, gone good!)

-anti-PC

-Made in America

-the Wall

-Hillary the Queen of Corruption

-anti-war

even some of the Reagan democrats will give him a chance. Doesn't show up in polls right now, many people won't admit they are secretly for Trump.

--

The only reason Trump's not over 50%, and a outright favourite in Gen. election is his runaway Narcissism & inexperience. Refusal to seek help from top speechwriters, debate- & acting-coaches.

The Muslim Ban thing was an avoidable PR blunder, but even that won't matter when ISIS strikes again -- and they will, believe me.

The only thing will stop Trump: Orwellian pro-Hillary MSM going into overdrive. And the far superior Dem. groundgame in Fla, OH. Romney had a taste of that in 2012 - while he beat Obama on policy in the 1st debate, with Liberal pundits panicking... WH insiders were smiling "hey, we just signed up another 10,000 Millenials in Ohio".

So Trump better start spending some real money and soon, haha. It will not be boring, fa sho!

QUOTE (L. Ron Paultard @ Dec 16, 2015 -> 04:11 PM)
The only reason Trump's not over 50%, and a outright favourite in Gen. election is his runaway Narcissism & inexperience.

Or the fact that only about 6 to 8% of the voting public is backing him. Roughly equivalent to the number who believe the moon landings were faked. Could be that too.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Dec 18, 2015 -> 04:10 AM)
Or the fact that only about 6 to 8% of the voting public is backing him. Roughly equivalent to the number who believe the moon landings were faked. Could be that too.

What do we have to lose voting in Trump? Politics thoroughly sucks and he'd knock the political world on its butt. Presidents can't do much anyway. He just might fix the economy and bring back some pride in America. America has not been this defeatest in a long long time. People are down on everything right now except their own families. No money available for the little guy; all going to the top 2 percent. You think Hillary is gonna get us out of this malaise? Hillary? Give Trump a shot, folks.