• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• StrangeSox

• Balta1701

• southsider2k5

• mr_genius

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Something for my GOPerhead friends, I'll come back and explain it if y'all don't get it

After the president has been in office for 6 months it is customary for the last president to send a note of congratulations to the new one.

So yesterday when the note came from Bush to Obama, the president was somewhat troubled because it was written in code and all it said was:

370H-SSV-0773H

This troubled him as he had always heard from his peers how former president

Bush was perceived to have been scholarly challenged. So he took the note to

his wife. She was unable to decipher it. They called in the VP, and he was

unable to decode the message. They called in the chief of staff and the head of the Secret Service detail and they were unable to determine the meaning of the

note.

Next he called in the head of the Senate and Speaker of the House. They both

were mystified by the meaning of the coded message.

Now there was complete panic in the oval office. The y called all of their

contacts in the media and sent copies of the note to all of them, and not one

was able to come up with an answer. A special emergency meeting was called by the staff. All branches of the military, counter intelligence, CIA, FBI were

called in, and the best minds were unable crack the code.

After a sleepless night, a now humbled President picked up the phone and called the former president, and asked him the meaning of the note.

Bush chuckled and replied: Dude....You're holding it upside down!

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Sep 15, 2009 -> 09:37 PM)
Jimmy Carter = Pat Buchanan. Yes, I said it.

Except Carter is electing to go out there in the world and try to do some good, while Buchanan sits on his ass and gets paid to spout crap. Carter spouts crap for free.

I would tend to agree though, that just looking at what they both say, they are of a similar ilk - people who I wish I didn't have to keep listening to.

QUOTE (Cknolls @ Sep 16, 2009 -> 03:05 PM)
http://michellemalkin.com/2009/08/26/war-o...chopping-block/

Nothing to see here, move along.

Well, on the one hand:

Following a whistleblower report that criticized a global warming rule,

They don't seem to know what a whistleblower is. Dissenting opinion is not blowing the whistle - nothing illegal was being uncovered.

But on the other hand, to me the real story is getting ride of that NCEE office, and there I'd have an issue. The EPA should indeed make sure it makes real estimates (as real as projections can be, anyway) of anticipated costs of regulations. Seems stupid to remove that.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Sep 16, 2009 -> 03:46 PM)
Well, on the one hand:

They don't seem to know what a whistleblower is. Dissenting opinion is not blowing the whistle - nothing illegal was being uncovered.

But on the other hand, to me the real story is getting ride of that NCEE office, and there I'd have an issue. The EPA should indeed make sure it makes real estimates (as real as projections can be, anyway) of anticipated costs of regulations. Seems stupid to remove that.

Seriesly? You can't understand getting rid of something that's in their way to implementing "global warming" or "cap and trade (aka tax and kill)" policies?

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Sep 16, 2009 -> 03:49 PM)
Seriesly? You can't understand getting rid of something that's in their way to implementing "global warming" or "cap and trade (aka tax and kill)" policies?

Not "can't understand" like "I'm naive", but "can't understand" as in "I can't think of a GOOD reason to do that".

Going back to the numbers of the 9/12 protesters I did a little reading and figured out the sequence of events. Some conservative blogger, I forget who, said there were between 1 and 1.5 million and attributed it to ABC News. He basically completely made that number up, didn't link to it or anything. Malkin repeats this on her blog but she "rounded up" and said there were 2 million protesters, and from here it got linked to/repeated everywhere, and of course Beck jumped on the bandwagon too. ABC, having not said anything remotely close to this, has to come out with an article essentially saying "we have no idea where the 2 million number came from but it wasn't us, we cited the Capitol Police/Fire Dept. number that said 60-70k." Malkin eventually corrected herself Interestingly the guy who started the whole thing corrected himself too but blamed the "media" for the inaccuracy.

The photo with the big crowd is apparently one from years ago that someone arbitrarily started passing around and saying it was a picture of 9/12.

This is what the crowd looked like on Inauguration Day by the way. And this isn't showing the crowds in the streets that didn't get into the Mall.

Edit: I'm not a hypocrite btw, the number isn't that important if we're talking about the difference between 70k and 100k, it is in fact a large crowd, but we're talking about multiplying the number by 28.5 times the actual number. Funniest analogy I saw was from Nate Silver who said exaggerating by a factor that large is like claiming to have a 53 inch penis.

Edited by lostfan

QUOTE (lostfan @ Sep 16, 2009 -> 05:16 PM)
Edit: I'm not a hypocrite btw, the number isn't that important if we're talking about the difference between Funniest analogy I saw was from Nate Silver who said exaggerating by a factor that large is like claiming to have a 53 inch penis.

Reminds me of Obama's saved or created jobs line. Today I saved 50 billion jobs. I should be president.

Edited by mr_genius