• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• StrangeSox

• Balta1701

• southsider2k5

• mr_genius

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Sep 22, 2009 -> 10:43 AM)
Sources now saying that John Edwards asked his staffer to claim paternity of the child of his mistress, then Edwards dropped the aide "like a hot potato".

Classy.

That's not a big surprise for me. The guy has zero morals and decency. He is the left wing equivalent of a Sanford.

I had never watched DWTS until last night. Seriously, they were trying to make him look like a pathetic piece of s***, yet, technically he danced the parts better then most of the others.

I now know why I didn't want to downgrade my cable - we resort to watching s*** tv like DWTS.

QUOTE (bmags @ Sep 22, 2009 -> 02:22 PM)
Naw he's way worse than Sanford, Ensign and him are more comparable, but Edwards is even scummier with his kid.

I was thinking more or less, the same thing about his wife... What kind of piece of s*** puts puts his cancer ridden wife as the centerpiece of his campaign, and then sleeps around on her?

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Sep 22, 2009 -> 05:15 PM)
I had never watched DWTS until last night. Seriously, they were trying to make him look like a pathetic piece of s***, yet, technically he danced the parts better then most of the others.

I now know why I didn't want to downgrade my cable - we resort to watching s*** tv like DWTS.

Honestly the only reasons I have cable are sports and the history channels. Other than that, I'd rather play playstation.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 22, 2009 -> 10:56 PM)
Honestly the only reasons I have cable are sports and the history channels. Other than that, I'd rather play playstation.

And our playstation is sitting here collecting dust. :lol:

It's really the hassle of getting it all out - the kids wear me out by 9:00 and all I feel like doing is either reading, playing on the message boards, or watching movies.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 23, 2009 -> 10:26 AM)
Well the US won't join them, I'd bet on that.

How do you figure that? The US boycotted the UN anti-racism forum for basically the same reason and a bunch of European countries walked out when Ahmadinejad started his usual anti-Semitic rants.

The precedent says otherwise though. There is some perception that this administration is anti-Israel but all they've done is some mild half-assed arm twisting on a far right Israeli government because they aren't really serious about the peace process. Other than that they follow the same protocols every other administration does.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Sep 23, 2009 -> 09:28 AM)
How do you figure that? The US boycotted the UN anti-racism forum for basically the same reason and a bunch of European countries walked out when Ahmadinejad started his usual anti-Semitic rants.

Well, Obama will be in attendance, right. And I do not believe he has the balls to walk out on A-JAD.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Sep 23, 2009 -> 09:34 AM)
The precedent says otherwise though. There is some perception that this administration is anti-Israel but all they've done is some mild half-assed arm twisting on a far right Israeli government because they aren't really serious about the peace process. Other than that they follow the same protocols every other administration does.

They seem to be set on "talking" to Iran. If there is any kind of a walkout, it pretty much cinches that it won't happen.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 23, 2009 -> 08:48 AM)
They seem to be set on "talking" to Iran. If there is any kind of a walkout, it pretty much cinches that it won't happen.

The "Being a d**che just because" foreign policy was tried for the last 8 years. Really didn't get us anywhere.

Canada...etc., no one cares if they make a protest. We ought to encourage them to do so. Hell, more countries ought to do so. Just not the ones who actually need to do the heavy lifting; you undermine your own case if with that policy.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 23, 2009 -> 10:58 AM)
The "Being a d**che just because" foreign policy was tried for the last 8 years. Really didn't get us anywhere.

Canada...etc., no one cares if they make a protest. We ought to encourage them to do so. Hell, more countries ought to do so. Just not the ones who actually need to do the heavy lifting; you undermine your own case if with that policy.

Calling for the extinction of a race of people shouldn't get you an audience with the United States, and neither should a rogue nuclear program. That is the kind of thing that shouldn't be rewarded.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 23, 2009 -> 09:06 AM)
Calling for the extinction of a race of people shouldn't get you an audience with the United States, and neither should a rogue nuclear program. That is the kind of thing that shouldn't be rewarded.

So we should just stand by, turn up our noses, and let both happen?

Negotiations are not a reward. Negotiations are something 2 countries who have diverging interests undertake to try to find ways to agree to benefit both. We didn't reward the Soviets by negotiating with them. We didn't reward the Libyans by negotiating with them.

Not negotiating isn't going to do anything to stop their nuclear program either. That's the equivalent of burying your head in the sand/plugging your ears and going "la-la-la-la" and pretending nothing is happening. I can understand the principle but not the reality. It won't do anything, not even delay it.