The Republican Thread

Rex Kickass

Does Carson have legit evidence on China helping Syria or is this going to be as pathetic as Trump's evidence on the Mexican government pushing and telling illegals and conspiring to send them to America. I'm going to go with this is another case of the two clowns being, absolute clowns. I never thought I'd find a candidate that I liked less than Trump, but Carson is that guy.

• Replies 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• StrangeSox

• Balta1701

• southsider2k5

• mr_genius

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Nov 15, 2015 -> 12:30 AM)
I simply refuse to believe that Greg really believes the stuff he writes :lol:

GOAT troll

Trump said the MU leaders were weak. They were weak. Not many are telling it like it is. The protestors at Missouri had two incidents they cited as reasons for causing all the protests/demands. Some rednecks in a truck allegedly yelled the N word at the same guy who LIED about the KKK being on campus. Hmmm...did this incident really happen? The second incident was a swastika of human dung was on a wall in a dorm. There are no pix of the swastika in this era of phone cameras. Hmmmm.

Even if those incidents happened ... my gawd there are 30,000 students on campus. There will ALWAYS be some morons. For instance some college student from Palatine felt compelled to go on Twitter to blast Brother Rice kids for blowing today's playoff game and mock them. That person is a Moron. They are out there.

There was no reason for the president and chancellor to quit over those 2 incidents. So why am I a troll for backing Trump's stance? He happens to be right IMO.

Many people think I'm a troll because I've backed my favorite players against all haters in threads for YEARS. These players include Danks, Dye, Ozzie (player/manager), Konerko, AJP, Buehrle, Garland, Dwyane Wise and others. My stances on these guys had people calling me a troll. I was just passionately LOYAL.

Also I get called a troll for my posts on politics/issues. I never said I was perfect. I just despise Hillary. And I despise these horrible incidents in our country and others (France). I can't take it when madmen invade our movie theatres for gawd sakes and kill us!!!

I may be an idiot (to some) but I am not a troll.

Why won't the Republicans just nominate Kasich?

Republican primary voters are a lot that are sold hook line and sinker on everything the Koch brothers have been feeding them. They are after the farthest-right most Obama-hating person they can find. Kasich just doesn't appeal to those people.

Very sad for me, because he's the only person in either party I can see myself voting for. Looks like a third straight election where I'll be one of the 2% voting for the Libertarian candidate.

The Koch brothers don't really drive to the base where Trump's drawing his support from, though. They're more on the quasi pro-immigration for business-friendly reasons. They're anti-tax, anti-regulation and anti-AGW hardliners, but they don't drive to the social issues where Carson is getting his support, either.

eta: aside from the Medicaid expansion, I don't know where they'd really have fundamental disagreements with Kasich. And their preferred candidate, Walker, was pushed out of the race pretty early.

Edited by StrangeSox

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Nov 16, 2015 -> 10:47 AM)
Republican primary voters are a lot that are sold hook line and sinker on everything the Koch brothers have been feeding them. They are after the farthest-right most Obama-hating person they can find. Kasich just doesn't appeal to those people.

Very sad for me, because he's the only person in either party I can see myself voting for. Looks like a third straight election where I'll be one of the 2% voting for the Libertarian candidate.

He is the only Republican that has a shot at at least appealing to moderates.

Per Bovada sports line, they see it'll be a clash between Rubio and Clinton. That just makes me want to puke.

He is the only Republican that has a shot at at least appealing to moderates.

Per Bovada sports line, they see it'll be a clash between Rubio and Clinton. That just makes me want to puke.

Primary voters don't care about appealing to moderates. It's the same group that wants to shut down the entire Federal Government over a few million dollars to Planned Parenthood.

The Koch brothers don't really drive to the base where Trump's drawing his support from, though. They're more on the quasi pro-immigration for business-friendly reasons. They're anti-tax, anti-regulation and anti-AGW hardliners, but they don't drive to the social issues where Carson is getting his support, either.

eta: aside from the Medicaid expansion, I don't know where they'd really have fundamental disagreements with Kasich. And their preferred candidate, Walker, was pushed out of the race pretty early.

The Medicaid expansion is a big deal to primary voters, and I disagree with your assessment of the Koch brothers on social issues. I think they care a lot about social issues. Kasich saying that while he disagrees with gay marriage, accepts it as the law of the land, has really done him no favors with the conservative base.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Nov 17, 2015 -> 09:45 AM)
The Medicaid expansion is a big deal to primary voters, and I disagree with your assessment of the Koch brothers on social issues. I think they care a lot about social issues. Kasich saying that while he disagrees with gay marriage, accepts it as the law of the land, has really done him no favors with the conservative base.

Because gays getting married really effect the country...

That's cool, they can nominate their extreme candidates and then b**** for 8 years while there is a liberal president again.

f***ing dopes.

Edited by pettie4sox

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Nov 19, 2015 -> 06:32 PM)
This is the kind of s*** that gives uneducated southern f***wits a giant hard on.

Executed to brilliance.

Kind of like Narcissus and his uneducated city folk?

Your insight in this thread has been breathtaking. We get it. You do not like Republicans. Post this crap in the Dem thread....

QUOTE (Cknolls @ Nov 20, 2015 -> 08:45 AM)

Your insight in this thread has been breathtaking. We get it. You do not like Republicans. Post this crap in the Dem thread....

I was beginning to wonder if I had stumbled into the wrong thread as well.

QUOTE (Cknolls @ Nov 20, 2015 -> 08:45 AM)

You can pretend to be obtuse on the matter but it doesn't make anything I've said any less true.

Trump himself doesn't believe the s*** he spews and you know it. He's just trying to rile up the extreme base so he can be the nominee.

Do you hear any other candidates talking about giving muslims IDs or building giant walls? Nope... you know why? BECAUSE IT'S NOT f***ING PRACTICAL.

I want Republicans to produce a good candidate. They have produced s*** candidates for the better part of two presidential elections now. It's not good when they are practically handing elections to democrats.

You see as it hating republicans, but I see it as wondering why Republicans are dragging their feet with producing a viable candidate that can f***ing win.

I wasn't aware you had to a republican to post in this thread...

The lines definitely get blurred, but the Republican thread is for making or responding to pro-Republican/anti-Democrat statements and the Democrat thread is for the opposite. A criticism of Trump, if not in direct response to something already posted in this thread, would belong in the Democrat thread, though the rule doesn't seem to be strictly followed and I probably unwittingly break it myself, especially since I think they both stink.

Edited by HickoryHuskers

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Nov 20, 2015 -> 10:11 AM)
The lines definitely get blurred, but the Republican thread is for making or responding to pro-Republican/anti-Democrat statements and the Democrat thread is for the opposite. A criticism of Trump, if not in direct response to something already posted in this thread, would belong in the Democrat thread, though the rule doesn't seem to be strictly followed and I probably unwittingly break it myself, especially since I think they both stink.

I can tone down my rhetoric but seriously, it just frustrates the hell out of me.

Kasich should be the nominee and really has the only shot at appealing to voters outside of their base IMO.

To me it just seems like they are trying to throw presidential elections, that's all I'm really trying to say more or less.

Trump might as well win the presidency. It's our last-ditch hope for an economic recovery even though he is way too cocky for some old guy. I mean Hilly isn't going to fix the economy. Trump would maybe fix it and at the very least give us a lotta laughs.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Dec 2, 2015 -> 01:20 AM)
Trump might as well win the presidency. It's our last-ditch hope for an economic recovery even though he is way too cocky for some old guy. I mean Hilly isn't going to fix the economy. Trump would maybe fix it and at the very least give us a lotta laughs.

Yes, Hillary is bad choice.

Why do you not like Kasich?