Sox @ Rangers 7-11-08

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Floyd might get clobbered. He better have his best stuff or he's gonna be done after 2-3 innings. If he starts messing around in the first and walks a bunch of guys, it's going to be a long night...

Floyd might get clobbered. He better have his best stuff or he's gonna be done after 2-3 innings. If he starts messing around in the first and walks a bunch of guys, it's going to be a long night...

If by long night you mean long 4 hour game that we win, 12-11, OK.

But even if he gets clobbered how do you know the Sox won't outslug them?

So if Gavin has a bad outing we suddenly have 3 iffy starters in Jose, Javy and Gavin?

How the heck do we have one of the best records in baseball?

QUOTE (soxfan3530 @ Jul 11, 2008 -> 02:57 PM)
hey i know 670 is pretty powerful, but anyone know how far north it goes. gotta drive to minneapolis tonight.

I usually lose it going into Eau Claire, WI. It also depends on how clear the night is.

QUOTE (kane0730 @ Jul 11, 2008 -> 02:41 PM)
The Over/Under for the game tonight is 11 runs. The over seems like free money to me!! (Count on a 4-3 game)

I wouldn't touch that with a ten foot clown pole. Well maybe the over...but certainly not the under.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 11, 2008 -> 12:51 PM)

So if Gavin has a bad outing we suddenly have 3 iffy starters in Jose, Javy and Gavin?

Dude, you kill me. If Gavin has A bad outing, we have 3 iffy starters?

We have one of the best records in baseball because we have one of the best starting rotations in baseball, probably the best bullpen in baseball, and an offense that has been quite good since mid-May.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jul 11, 2008 -> 04:30 PM)
Dude, you kill me. If Gavin has A bad outing, we have 3 iffy starters?

We have one of the best records in baseball because we have one of the best starting rotations in baseball, probably the best bullpen in baseball, and an offense that has been quite good since mid-May.

2 of our starters suck right now. Gavin has been a little iffy for the last month until his start against Oakland, which is just a pathetic hitting team. I am not going to hold this game against him regardless what happens, but to say this is one of the best rotations in baseball right now is false. They still have good numbers because of the first two months so statistically they'd be right up there.

But if you'd ask me to pick the best rotations at the moment, the Sox might not even make my top 10.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Jul 11, 2008 -> 02:04 PM)
looking forward to watching hamilton tonight

Im looking forward to watching Hamilton get frozen on a wicked Gavin curve...

QUOTE (Frankensteiner @ Jul 11, 2008 -> 04:54 PM)
2 of our starters suck right now. Gavin has been a little iffy for the last month until his start against Oakland, which is just a pathetic hitting team.

Reality

June Monthly Totals :

4-1 W/L

3.86 ERA

35 K

10 BB

35 H

37.1 IP

I would imagine a lot of teams would love to have an iffy starter like Gavin Floyd was in the month before his last start.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 11, 2008 -> 01:51 PM)

Sometimes, it's Gavin's tendency to pitch like crap on the road. That's all I'm saying.

QUOTE (Cali @ Jul 11, 2008 -> 05:16 PM)
Im looking forward to watching Hamilton get frozen on a wicked Gavin curve...

And I wish it would be in the first inning. Because when Gavin has his stuff from the get go, it's pretty hard to hit him.

QUOTE (Frankensteiner @ Jul 11, 2008 -> 04:54 PM)
2 of our starters suck right now. Gavin has been a little iffy for the last month until his start against Oakland, which is just a pathetic hitting team. I am not going to hold this game against him regardless what happens, but to say this is one of the best rotations in baseball right now is false. They still have good numbers because of the first two months so statistically they'd be right up there.

But if you'd ask me to pick the best rotations at the moment, the Sox might not even make my top 10.

This entire post is absolutely ridiculous.

QUOTE (MurcieOne @ Jul 11, 2008 -> 05:19 PM)
Reality

June Monthly Totals :

4-1 W/L

3.86 ERA

35 K

10 BB

35 H

37.1 IP

I would imagine a lot of teams would love to have an iffy starter like Gavin Floyd was in the month before his last start.

You and I both know that ERA is a little misleading. He gave up 26 R (16 ER). I can understand bad defense and fully agree those weren't all his fault but at some point you have to pitch over some errors. It was a decent month but nothing like April and May where he looked like an All-Star pitcher.

I do think he might be our best pitcher.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 11, 2008 -> 05:37 PM)
This entire post is absolutely ridiculous.

Maybe you can say something of substance...

Boston, LAA, Milwaukee, Tampa, Toronto, Oakland, Cubs, Arizona all have better starting staffs IMO. I'd have to look a little bit more to see if I could find more teams.

I'm a guy who takes quality over quantity. So I look at a team like Milwaukee with two #1 starters and I'm pretty sure I'd rather have their rotation. And Bush, Suppan, and Parra have pitched about as well as Contreras and Vazquez.

Maybe the the Sox have the best #4 and #5 starters (Vazquez and Count) in the league but come playoff time that doesn't really matter much.

Dear Greg Walker...

Please see if you can possibly get a copy of the scouting report on the

White Sox before the game and let your hitters know it's ok to take the

outside pitches they'll see all night to the opposite field.

Sincerely,

Wanne

Edited by Wanne

QUOTE (Frankensteiner @ Jul 11, 2008 -> 05:48 PM)
You and I both know that ERA is a little misleading. He gave up 26 R (16 ER). I can understand bad defense and fully agree those weren't all his fault but at some point you have to pitch over some errors. It was a decent month but nothing like April and May where he looked like an All-Star pitcher.

I do think he might be our best pitcher.

I'll concede that this wasn't his best month, but to say that he was iffy? He was above average, and the team won 5 of the 6 games he started... Nolan Ryan he's not, but Gavin Floyd has proved to me that he can pitch, and win in the major leagues.

QUOTE (Frankensteiner @ Jul 11, 2008 -> 05:56 PM)
Maybe you can say something of substance...

Boston, LAA, Milwaukee, Tampa, Toronto, Oakland, Cubs, Arizona all have better starting staffs IMO. I'd have to look a little bit more to see if I could find more teams.

I'm a guy who takes quality over quantity. So I look at a team like Milwaukee with two #1 starters and I'm pretty sure I'd rather have their rotation. And Bush, Suppan, and Parra have pitched about as well as Contreras and Vazquez.

Maybe the the Sox have the best #4 and #5 starters (Vazquez and Count) in the league but come playoff time that doesn't really matter much.

Out of all of those, I would only say the Angels' rotation is better.

Arizona's fallen off big time. Johnson, Owings, and Davis haven't done much since their hot start.