The Dark Knight

knightni

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Sep 10, 2008 -> 12:29 PM)
And I agree with this, but if thats the case then the Riddler should be avoided

Well maybe you can make his riddles far more interesting / dangerous.

I mean the Joker was meant to be a funny character, and Nolan turned him into a dangerous freak. You could do the same with the Riddler I'm sure.

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Sep 10, 2008 -> 02:22 PM)
Well maybe you can make his riddles far more interesting / dangerous.

I mean the Joker was meant to be a funny character, and Nolan turned him into a dangerous freak. You could do the same with the Riddler I'm sure.

The Joker has a long history of being extremely unfunny. The Killing Joke was a prime example of that, the guy murdered Robin in the comic "A Death in the Family". Heath Ledgers version of the Joker was a different take on the character, but not out of the ordinary.

The Riddler really hasnt had many murderous storylines, he always was more of a thief/powerhungry character

Edited by kyyle23

• 3 months later...
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 1, 2008 -> 10:18 AM)
One of these days I will see this movie. Then i will read all of those damned spoilers :angry:

So I picked up TDK from Redbox last night and loved it! Then of course I went back and read the spoilers, just like I said I would.

I agree with the camp that feels that the funeral for Harvey Dent was a public relations stunt so that the public wouldn't connect him to Two Face, because it would kill all of their new found confidence in the "system". Remember the public needs their white knight. Dent being dead was a better alternative than "turning evil". I really think Two Face will be back again.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 30, 2008 -> 08:00 AM)
So I picked up TDK from Redbox last night and loved it! Then of course I went back and read the spoilers, just like I said I would.

I agree with the camp that feels that the funeral for Harvey Dent was a public relations stunt so that the public wouldn't connect him to Two Face, because it would kill all of their new found confidence in the "system". Remember the public needs their white knight. Dent being dead was a better alternative than "turning evil". I really think Two Face will be back again.

Congrats on being the last person in America to see TDK. :P

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 30, 2008 -> 09:00 AM)

The script says that

Dent is dead

QUOTE (knightni @ Dec 30, 2008 -> 11:59 AM)
The funny thing about it.

You can actually see Aaron Eckhart breathe a few times just as they pan the camera over to him.

Not all of the actors who appeared in this movie actually wound up dead!

On another note, how f***ing s***ty were the special features for this film? I mean, I'd pay $50 just for some screen tests with Ledger and s***, why did they give me two short, boring documentaries and those stupid Gothan Tonight shorts?

Ugh.

I adore the movie, but I expected more out of the special features.

Edited by Steve9347

I got this for xmas and I gotta say, Bale's Batman is so unnervingly annoying it was really difficult not to burst out laughing. I said it before when it was out in theaters, but that deep voice he tries to pull off is just so distracting. Anytime he says more than 5 words it sounds like he's running out of breath. It was the one terrible part about this otherwise fantastic movie.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Dec 30, 2008 -> 01:10 PM)
I got this for xmas and I gotta say, Bale's Batman is so unnervingly annoying it was really difficult not to burst out laughing. I said it before when it was out in theaters, but that deep voice he tries to pull off is just so distracting. Anytime he says more than 5 words it sounds like he's running out of breath. It was the one terrible part about this otherwise fantastic movie.

Agreed.

It came off as goofy to me. I know Wayne has to alter his voice as Batman but he sounded like a cartoon character.

(and YES, I realize Batman is a comic book character :P )

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Dec 30, 2008 -> 12:10 PM)

I thought it sounded worse at the movie theater. I have the DVD and a surround sound system and I thought it was much more clearer than at the movies.

Having said that, when you go with Nolan's "reality" take, BW would have to do some serious alteration to his voice so as not to be recognized being a Billionaire playboy. As Falcone said in Batman Begins, "you'd have to go 1500 miles..... to run into..... someone that didn't know Bruce Wayne."

And Dent/Two-Face is definitely dead. Nolan said so in an interview and so has Eckhardt recently.

Edited by CubKilla

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 30, 2008 -> 12:04 PM)
Not all of the actors who appeared in this movie actually wound up dead!

On another note, how f***ing s***ty were the special features for this film? I mean, I'd pay $50 just for some screen tests with Ledger and s***, why did they give me two short, boring documentaries and those stupid Gothan Tonight shorts?

Ugh.

I adore the movie, but I expected more out of the special features.

So you will buy the "special" edition in a few years?

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Dec 30, 2008 -> 03:28 PM)
Am I the only one that doesn't like the "dark" batman. I like my comic book movies lighthearted. I've really disliked almost every recent comic book movie with the exception of the Spiderman movies.

I think you would definitely fall in the minority with your opinion.

Am I the only one that doesn't like the "dark" batman. I like my comic book movies lighthearted. I've really disliked almost every recent comic book movie with the exception of the Spiderman movies.

So you think Schumacher's Batman Forever and Batman and Robin are better than Nolan's Batman Begins and The Dark Knight?

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Dec 30, 2008 -> 07:49 PM)
Dark Batman = Better Batman.

I actually liked the voice Batman had. Made him sound BA. BTW, Dent/Two-Face is dead. It's like those people who even though that Rachel wasn't dead, gimme a break!

Never heard that one. Thats a lame rumor, no point. Bruce is a playboy, gotta move the girls in and out of the stories

Yes. I just saw Spiderman 3 a few days ago and I got douche-chills. The original Spiderman and Spiderman 2 were very good, but I can see where the Spiderman fans would have problems with the 3rd. The marching band playing the "Amazing Spiderman" cartoon theme, the reactions of the people in New York, Tobey Maguire being a "bad-ass" wearing the Venom suit, ugh..... I felt sorry for Spiderman fans.

Comic book movies are at their best when a director takes the subject matter seriously. Having said that, any superhero dealing with crime and criminals should have a dark undertone to the subject matter for obvious reasons. Nothing's light-hearted about crime.

Edited by CubKilla

QUOTE (CubKilla @ Dec 30, 2008 -> 11:52 PM)
Yes. I just saw Spiderman 3 a few days ago and I got douche-chills. The original Spiderman and Spiderman 2 were very good, but I can see where the Spiderman fans would have problems with the 3rd. The marching band playing the "Amazing Spiderman" cartoon theme, the reactions of the people in New York, Tobey Maguire being a "bad-ass" wearing the Venom suit, ugh..... I felt sorry for Spiderman fans.

Comic book movies are at their best when a director takes the subject matter seriously. Having said that, any superhero dealing with crime and criminals should have a dark undertone to the subject matter for obvious reasons. Nothing's light-hearted about crime.

Until Batman busts Blago.

I watched the spider-man series way out of order (3,1,2) and wasn't that impressed. The second was really good in the first half, but kinda boring in the second half. I didn't care for the hob-goblin villian in 1 and villians in 3 were randomly mixed together and it came off more as a TV show. The second movie also has weird reactions of people in New York (Whoa, he stole that guy's PIZZA!) and has a girl plucking the spider-man theme on the violin as well. One thing I never understood, what exactly is Spider-Man slinging from? When he's flying over the middle of traffic he's shooting his web at a diagonal forwards seemingly hooking onto nothing.

I enjoyed all the special features on the Blu-ray edition as well.