7/23 - SOX vs. TEX, 1:05 pm, CSN

knightni

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

My feeling is that if Richard pitches well he and Fields are a package going somewhere for a trade.

Also CSN stated last night that Crede is out today but Masset is available.

I think Dotel, Linebrink and Jenks all pitch today to get their work in regardless of Richard's performance as there is an off day tomorrow.

I like the Thome approach of the inside out swing.

Really looking foward to watching Richard at work today. Nothing like watching baseball instead of doing work. I don't feel great about him, but who knows the Rangers don't hit lefties well and Richard keeps it down. When was the last time that pitcher came up and performed well? B-Mac and before that probably Buehrle. Guys who come up from the minors for the Sox usually stink, let's hope that trend reverses. I really hope that Richard creates a contreversy about keeping him in the rotation or Contreras. And Richard is from LaFayette, Ind., so I am sure he will have some family/friends at the game, which could help or hurt I suppose, but probably help and give him a bit more comfort. I would gladly take 5 inn, 2 ER or 6 inn, 3 ER, nothing spectacular, but efficient and keeps the team in the game.

Edited by maggsmaggs

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jul 23, 2008 -> 09:11 AM)
Really looking foward to watching Richard at work today. Nothing like watching baseball instead of doing work. I don't feel great about him, but who knows the Rangers don't hit lefties well and Richard keeps it down. When was the last time that pitcher came up and performed well? B-Mac and before that probably Buehrle. Guys who come up from the minors for the Sox usually stink, let's hope that trend reverses. I really hope that Richard creates a contreversy about keeping him in the rotation or Contreras. And Richard is from LaFayette, Ind., so I am sure he will have some family/friends at the game, which could help or hurt I suppose, but probably help and give him a bit more comfort. I would gladly take 5 inn, 2 ER or 6 inn, 3 ER, nothing spectacular, but efficient and keeps the team in the game.

Does Lance Broadway count? Last year, he pitched in 4 games (1 start), 10.1 IP, 5 H, 1 ER, and 14 Ks. Guess it wasnt sustained enough.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Jul 23, 2008 -> 11:37 AM)
ozzie needs to pull his head out of his ass and give wise a start - sit konerko

I think the ice is thinning as every game goes by, the BOO birds are starting to come out at the Cell replacing the ever-popular "Paulie" chant. I'm not ready to give up on him quite yet, but if its like this a month from now, then its past concerned. I want to say he's ready to bust out in a big way, and then he goes into his old GIDP self like last night.