White Sox Winner!!

Steve9347

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Jul 23, 2008 -> 03:20 PM)
I agree.

Just looking at the hitters, it would be a race of Hamilton-Q-Bradley-Kinsler-Sizemore, maybe even Morneau. Unless some just has INSANE numbers, which Hamilton could keep up, it should come from a winning team, which leaves Q and Morneau.

Q and Hamiltons numbers are pretty similar at this point(Q has a better ops, more homers) and when you factor everything in, to me CQ is the MVP of this league. He's pretty much the definition of Most Valuable Player so far this season.

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Jul 23, 2008 -> 05:20 PM)
I agree.

Just looking at the hitters, it would be a race of Hamilton-Q-Bradley-Kinsler-Sizemore, maybe even Morneau. Unless some just has INSANE numbers, which Hamilton could keep up, it should come from a winning team, which leaves Q and Morneau.

I expect A-Rod to make a run

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Jul 23, 2008 -> 05:29 PM)
As do I, and I am really starting to doubt Tampa.

Same, just goes to show you that you can never count the Yankees out.

Just looked at A-Rod's stats and they're even better than I thought.

Just 4 off the HR lead having missed 16 games, 1st in SLG, 2nd in OPS

QUOTE (NYSox35 @ Jul 23, 2008 -> 04:32 PM)
Same, just goes to show you that you can never count the Yankees out.

Just looked at A-Rod's stats and they're even better than I thought.

Just 4 off the HR lead having missed 16 games, 1st in SLG, 2nd in OPS

Yeah...I thought that a while back too...but ya never know how all this divorce stuff, publicity behind it and Madonnagate will effect him. As for Q and the MVP...I couldn't care less...and I'm sure he doesn't either. He's all about the team.

I ya haven't already gone to see the hilights on mlb...the Quentin bomb is a classic Hawk! Hawk was in great form today...

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Jul 23, 2008 -> 04:19 PM)
Hamilton is clearly getting the MVP, even though his team won't make the playoffs.

The season's not over. Now, if Hamilton keeps up his current pace, then I have to agree with you. If he slacks off (which is likely, IMO because Texas hitters all die in late August/early September) then it's anyone's race.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jul 23, 2008 -> 03:17 PM)
We didn't win the division in 06. If we win the division I think he has to be the MVP(obviously this is assuming he keeps doing what he's doing), especially when you look at his clutch statistics and the way he absolutely carried the team the first two months of the season.

He better help carry the team the last 2 months if he wants the MVP. When they vote for MVP most people will forget that he carried the team in April and May. Each month should be equal but they aren't when the voting occurs.

If yankees make playoffs A-Rod will win no doubt...it is a popularity contest and CQ is still fairly unknown. Or it will go to hamilton with all the media love he has gotten this year. CQ would really need to turn it on the last two months to leave no doubt. Lets just win the division though, eh!

I am sick of the shaving cream pie's, it is getting old and is not original, think of something new at least.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jul 23, 2008 -> 02:04 PM)
Oz already said Clayton would start in 6 days.

Glad to see it. Sounds like he was solid for a first time start. Too bad the defense didn't step up for him cause that would have potentially helped him. Either way his velocity was higher than expected and you can't be ashamed when you strike out 7 guys in 4 innings.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 23, 2008 -> 05:36 PM)
Coming in to tonight's action we're now tied with Washington for the 3rd most errors in the big leagues.

Championship teams don't do that crap, IMO. They have to get that straightened out, and quick.

670 comes in decent here in St. Louis and had it on the radio in the pool. When Q went yard in the 8th, I wanted to shout obscenities about CJ Wilson but my little cousins were there.

So....F*** you, Wilson!

If the season ended today CQ is the MVP no doubt, best player on a division winner and top 3 in OPS in the AL while not missing more than a handful of games. But the season doesn't end today and I have a feeling Arod will finish strong and take it. Of course, if Q keeps it up he will make it very hard on Arod unless the Yankees win the division.

Just a great victory today. Stick it to the cocky Rangers (especially CJ Wilson, hey Wilson, how does Quentin's ass taste!), come from behind, gain a game on the Twins, maintain against the Tigers. I thought Clayton pitched well enough to get another start, the defense was absolutely atrocious behind him, and he probably only give or 3 runs to a very good Rangers offense if the silly errors aren't made. Showed some ability to miss some bats, which always is a good sign.

Edited by chitownsportsfan

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Jul 23, 2008 -> 03:20 PM)
I agree.

If the Yanks make any sort of run at all or better, A-Rod will most certainly be in the discussion.

EDIT- You guys beat me to it. Miguel Cabrera could be in the running too if Detroit wins the division, wild card, or gives us/Minnesota a run.

Edited by whitesoxbrian