Coop to Boone "Get your head out of your butt"

southsider2k5

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/baseball/wh...soxnt28.article

Heading into the series with Minnesota, manager Ozzie Guillen said left-handed relievers Matt Thornton and Boone Logan had better be ready to go, considering the Twins have two of the toughest lefty bats in the division in Justin Morneau and Joe Mauer.

Thornton seems primed now that his back stiffness is gone, but Logan has allowed 10 earned runs in his last eight outings.

''The only thing I don't like is [Logan's] body language in the clubhouse or the dugout,'' Guillen said. ''It feels like, we know you stink right now, but don't sit around like, 'Please help me.' You have to go out there and bounce back. That's the difference between good and bad players.''

Cooper's message to Logan was even more direct.

''Boone?'' Cooper said. ''Time he gets his head out of his [butt] and get him back to where he's contributing.''

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 28, 2008 -> 02:13 PM)
Boone walked off the mound in Detroit and very clearly looked up and said thank you after his first good outing in awhile. I think he will be fine.

Agreed...he just needs one or two good outings. I don't think anything is wrong mechanically...just placement on a few pitches. I also haven't agreed with a few pitches called either...specifically the 0-2 pitch for a hit a few games back.

QUOTE (Wanne @ Jul 28, 2008 -> 03:18 PM)
Agreed...he just needs one or two good outings. I don't think anything is wrong mechanically...just placement on a few pitches. I also haven't agreed with a few pitches called either...specifically the 0-2 pitch for a hit a few games back.

I also think he'd better if they limit him to LOOGY status and quit pretending he can cover the righties on a consistent basis.

Funny how the young guys get called out like that. Coop would be in a world of hurt if he said that about Javy. Or if Oz said that about Paulie. Wait ... Oz could probably get away with that though Paulie would probably be hurt.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 29, 2008 -> 01:02 AM)
Funny how the young guys get called out like that. Coop would be in a world of hurt if he said that about Javy. Or if Oz said that about Paulie. Wait ... Oz could probably get away with that though Paulie would probably be hurt.

It's all part of learning to have a career in baseball. Javy knows what to do as does Paulie. Sometimes the new guy needs a little prodding.