Positive Paulie Thread

RockRaines

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stop posting videos of konerko in 05 or 06. It is now 08 and he sucks, we will all move on. Live on nostalgia for now, but when you turn the game on and theres a guy on base with konerko up its no longer an rbi oppurtunity its a GIDP oppurtunity.

QUOTE (TCQ @ Jul 29, 2008 -> 10:53 AM)
Stop posting videos of konerko in 05 or 06. It is now 08 and he sucks, we will all move on. Live on nostalgia for now, but when you turn the game on and theres a guy on base with konerko up its no longer an rbi oppurtunity its a GIDP oppurtunity.

I thought this was a "Positive Paulie" thread... Not to pick on only the poster quoted, but if you want to complain about Paulie, there are several other threads for your complaining needs. It isn't wrong for people to want to be positive about a guy that has given much to the team and its fans. I think there is near 100% agreement that he hasn't been productive this year.

PK getting hot is a key to the Sox performance over the next couple of months. I don't think he is done yet, career-wise.

QUOTE (TCQ @ Jul 29, 2008 -> 09:53 AM)
Stop posting videos of ______________ from 20__ or ___. It is now 20__ and he sucks, we will all move on. Live on nostalgia for now, but when you turn the game on and theres a guy on base with ___________ up its no longer an rbi oppurtunity its a GIDP oppurtunity.

A good generic rant

"Insert former star player's name"

Last year it was Dye.

Earlier this season it was Thome.

Now it's Konerko.

We have all done our fair share of ripping Paul for subpar performance this year, but this thread is very obviously not the place for it. If you want to trash him, go to the thread created for that very reason.

I want him to succeed, if he succeeds the team is better. I know this thread wont make a difference in his at-bats, but good mojo/karma doesnt hurt anyone.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 28, 2008 -> 06:48 PM)
I just want him to go up to the plate and swing as hard as he can on 3 pitches, and if he misses all of them, he sits down. I'm sick of this s*** he's doing at the plate by trying to guide it to right field. He ends up fouling off very hittable pitches.

so, so true. stand up straight and swing.

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Jul 29, 2008 -> 10:36 AM)
We have all done our fair share of ripping Paul for subpar performance this year, but this thread is very obviously not the place for it. If you want to trash him, go to the thread created for that very reason.

I want him to succeed, if he succeeds the team is better. I know this thread wont make a difference in his at-bats, but good mojo/karma doesnt hurt anyone.

Its predictable because the threads that are meant for bashing him have people posting of how f***ing great he is.

QUOTE (rudylaw @ Jul 28, 2008 -> 07:32 PM)
What is there to be positive about? He is just bad right now. We can not survive with Paul as our full time 1st baseman.

Boston seems to be faring well with their Captain in a very similar situation. You just need the right guys around him to pick up the slack. Yes, we'd probably have more than a 1.5 game cushion if Paulie weren't batting the legal BAC for driving, but it's just as well if they guys around him do their job, which despite # of runs scored this year, is inconsistant.

QUOTE (TCQ @ Jul 29, 2008 -> 10:53 AM)

Read the thread title and move on if you dont want to contribute, its not that difficult of a concept.

If there ever was a guy that Sox fans should get behind and hope he improves it's Kong. He's been a decent, stand up guy, plays hard, has never in my memory embarassed the team. I'd rather be cheering for someone like that to get healthy and regain his form, then some of the other guys that have wore a Sox jersey.

QUOTE (Texsox @ Jul 29, 2008 -> 12:28 PM)
If there ever was a guy that Sox fans should get behind and hope he improves it's Kong. He's been a decent, stand up guy, plays hard, has never in my memory embarassed the team. I'd rather be cheering for someone like that to get healthy and regain his form, then some of the other guys that have wore a Sox jersey.

Do you seriously believe people are cheering against Konerko? That the fans on here don't want him to regain his form? Or could it be that he's been so bad for so long this season that they're sick of watching it and think getting him off the field will do nothing but help the team? You can only hope for him to turn it around for so long, cheer him on despite the fact that he's been garbage, keep sending him out there in hopes that he'll just come out of it. It's almost August, eventually something is going to have to be done because he's giving this team nothing at the plate and just as little in the field.

I'm sure most everyone hopes that he turns it around but you can only watch that shoulder shrug so many times.

QUOTE (scenario @ Jul 29, 2008 -> 04:29 PM)
A good generic rant

"Insert former star player's name"

Last year it was Dye.

Earlier this season it was Thome.

Now it's Konerko.

It's quite the "scenario" isn't it....

HAHAHAHAHA

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Jul 29, 2008 -> 04:36 PM)

I agree. Good post

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jul 29, 2008 -> 11:36 AM)
Do you seriously believe people are cheering against Konerko? That the fans on here don't want him to regain his form? Or could it be that he's been so bad for so long this season that they're sick of watching it and think getting him off the field will do nothing but help the team? You can only hope for him to turn it around for so long, cheer him on despite the fact that he's been garbage, keep sending him out there in hopes that he'll just come out of it. It's almost August, eventually something is going to have to be done because he's giving this team nothing at the plate and just as little in the field.

I'm sure most everyone hopes that he turns it around but you can only watch that shoulder shrug so many times.

Yes, I think some people here would rather be right than have things turn out for the team. I see it in the Crede-Fields debates and the pitcher debates.

What amazes me is that people haven't ripped on Ozzie more...he makes the lineup, he decides who needs to take a break and who needs to play. As has been said a few times before on this thread this team is better when Paulie is better, and I am going to stick by what Ozzie decides to do with him. I find it very hard to believe that "his career is over," we as Sox fans owe it to him to be patient and stick by him when he struggles, he's given us too much to quit on him b/c of a bad year.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 29, 2008 -> 06:25 PM)
Read the thread title and move on if you dont want to contribute, its not that difficult of a concept.

Yea, c'mon there are hundreds of other threads that you can blatently disregard the thread title so that you can make a snarky comment about PK....leave this one alone....

*you select few know who you are

QUOTE (Texsox @ Jul 29, 2008 -> 03:45 PM)
Yes, I think some people here would rather be right than have things turn out for the team. I see it in the Crede-Fields debates and the pitcher debates.

The common thread that is supposed to link us all together is the desire to see the White Sox win, sometimes its doubtful with some folks around here.