7/31 - White Sox @ Minnesota Twins (7:10pm CSN)

joejoesox

• Replies 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (striker62704 @ Jul 31, 2008 -> 08:31 PM)
The twins have two good players. Thats it TWO. AND THEY ARE KILLING US. WHY EVEN PITCH TO THEM????

Because they are letting the players in front of them be on base pretty much EVERY time they are up.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 31, 2008 -> 06:31 PM)
At this point in his career, Danks is a 6 inning pitcher.

I don't get it. Prior to these past 3 starts or so (I guess 4 now) Danks was on a roll where he was doing nothing but cruise deep into games. He made one mistake today and really pitched better than the numbers indicated (ie the runs). Well I'll say two mistakes (aside from a couple of those elevated change-ups hit for doubles), that leadoff walk sucked balls too.

I had absolutely no issue with John's start tonight and the Sox should be leading right now.

I want to know if anyone reading this thread that believes we have any chance of winning this game?

It's almost as if we don't know how to handle a lead in Minnesota. Well, this s*** better get resolved quick because we'll have one more series at The Dome in September, and if it means anything we can't give up leads like this.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

a few things

1. matt thornton has no balls in big situations, i've seen this guy pitch scared (like masset) in situations/games like this ever since 2006

2. twins have a huge chance to win this game now IMO, bigger chance than we do

3. not having linebrink in the pen really hurts this team right now

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 31, 2008 -> 06:33 PM)
That play reminded me of opening day when he botched a similar grounder that led to a huge inning for the Indians.

Are we complaining about the same OC that stole a base today and ripped two basehits? I realize he made an error but his defense is the last f***ing thing we should be worrying about. No, he isn't Juan Uribe defensively but a lot of you guys act as if he isn't a top 5 defensive shortstop.

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Aug 1, 2008 -> 02:34 AM)
I want to know if anyone reading this thread that believes we have any chance of winning this game?

It's almost as if we don't know how to handle a lead in Minnesota. Well, this s*** better get resolved quick because we'll have one more series at The Dome in September, and if it means anything we can't give up leads like this.

Everyone expects it, from the Manager on down.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Aug 1, 2008 -> 02:35 AM)
Are we complaining about the same OC that stole a base today and ripped two basehits? I realize he made an error but his defense is the last f***ing thing we should be worrying about. No, he isn't Juan Uribe defensively but a lot of you guys act as if he isn't a top 5 defensive shortstop.

Or how about he knock that ball down by getting in front of it?

Edited by fathom