7/31 - White Sox @ Minnesota Twins (7:10pm CSN)

joejoesox

• Replies 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I wouldn't be so upset if the f***ing cubs weren't a guarentee to go the WS. It would be just in my mind another White Sox meltdown, piss on the foot. But it kills me that I have to read about the Sox pissing their leg while I read about the Cubs winning.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Jul 31, 2008 -> 09:38 PM)
love this bullpen. Game

Glad Kenny spent the time getting some bullpen help. Maybe Griffey can be the long man?

One. One pitcher showed up in this f***ing dome. What odds would you have given, at the beginning of the week, that it would be Gavin Floyd?

So I want to give a shout-out to the one guy who took that mound this week with an ounce of brains and goddamn nut sack. Thanks, Gavin.

Hanrahan would have been a tremendous pickup. Again, I won't blame Kenny because I still think this team has the ability to get its s*** together. They aren't this bad of a defensive team, at least the infield isn't or shouldn't be. THe outfield, well f***, with Griffey it will be a bit ugly.

The pen needs to get its s*** together as does the defense. Hopefully the offense can stay on its relative roll and help ease things. That said, we knew the pitching staff would slump and some point and now I think the key is hoping Griffey can provide a spark as will the return of Count (who apparently is looking very good now that he's healthy and that would be a major lift) and Linebrink (if he comes back healthy, this will be HUGE). On top of that Crede is apparently feeling very good and will be a significant upgrade over that over-rated prospect named Josh Fields (I can call him that since I've said that about him since day one practically). Hell, I think I was the only guy not raving about him last season.

It's bulls*** that we walk into the metrodome defeated. You can tell as the Twins started to do well today that everyone was looking around as if they were waiting for them to come back to get us. I remember one of our young pitchers being interviewed, I can't remember which, but he was talking about how players had told him of all the things that happen to us at the metrodome. This team needs to act like a first place team. Hawk said it perfectly that we were a team that was behind even when we were in the lead.

QUOTE (TheBigHurt @ Jul 31, 2008 -> 08:40 PM)
In two out of 3 games we had a 4 run lead and lost it in one inning. This time we give it up and THEY get a 3 run lead on US. f***ing unreal.

it's your classic no-nuts, scared sh*tless performance when you're playing behind the fans of the other team, our entire bullpen sans Linebrink and Jenks have been like that mostly all year

i can't even name how many times i've seen them hold onto pitches too long, causing them to sail past AJ, or walking guys that have sub .230 averages, or throwing meatballs on 2-2

they're just really really bad on the road, because they can't handle the pressure

they will be terrible in the playoffs, mark my words, if we get there.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 31, 2008 -> 09:42 PM)
Hanrahan would have been a tremendous pickup. Again, I won't blame Kenny because I still think this team has the ability to get its s*** together.

I won't blame KW cuz it sounded like he was trying to get relief help. Sounded like he was linked to about 4 or 5 names. Still has another month.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 31, 2008 -> 09:43 PM)
I wonder during that Kubel at bat what AJ was thinking in calling an inside fastball to a dead pull hitter?

Probably the same thing he was thinking when he goes away from Mauer like crazy and goes in on Morneau. The plan of attack is no plan. Either they ignore stats and trends and just chuck and duck. Or they are clueless. Your choice.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 31, 2008 -> 08:43 PM)
I wonder during that Kubel at bat what AJ was thinking in calling an inside fastball to a dead pull hitter?

again...do these guys read a scouting report?