7/31 - White Sox @ Minnesota Twins (7:10pm CSN)

joejoesox

• Replies 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (jphat007 @ Jul 31, 2008 -> 08:48 PM)
Well it woulda been 3-0 whether he pitched to him or not. Thats not much consolation however. Morneau is straight nasty.

Because Wheels Morneau would of scored on the double to left if he was on first?

Edited by southsideirish71

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Jul 31, 2008 -> 06:46 PM)
Didn't Guillen call Morneau the best player in the AL after the 1st game. If he really believes that, why the f*** do we throw to him time and time again. WTF.

Agreed but pitching him in is ridiculous . I mean he's gotta be looking for one to pull in that situation. Away Away away to him and if u bust him in make it high and tight and knock his ass down.

QUOTE (jphat007 @ Jul 31, 2008 -> 07:48 PM)
Well it woulda been 4-3 whether he pitched to him or not. Thats not much consolation however. Morneau is straight nasty.

It makes me jealous when I look at the pile of old we have in our lineup. He showed up this series and even our best hitters like Dye and Quentin didn't. Or atleast to the extent Morneau did.

QUOTE (jphat007 @ Jul 31, 2008 -> 08:49 PM)
Yah, I think he probably would have.

How many first baseman types score on a rocket double to left when they are standing on first base. I can only see a few situations that this happens.

1.) Bat-girl blinds Q with one of her lego men.

2.) Q has bought of narcolepsy.

3.) Someone yells ball bomb, and everyone avoids the ball thrown in to the cutoff man.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Jul 31, 2008 -> 07:52 PM)
How many first baseman types score on a rocket double to left when they are standing on first base. I can only see a few situations that this happens.

1.) Bat-girl blinds Q with one of her lego men.

2.) Q has bought of narcolepsy.

3.) Someone yells ball bomb, and everyone avoids the ball thrown in to the cutoff man.

It looked like he took a long time to get there. CQ that is. Who knows though. Doesn't really matter.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Jul 31, 2008 -> 07:55 PM)
They be a f***ing Twins fan. f*** that. Quentin is having a better season than Morenau, and is two years younger.

I am insanely jealous of a team that is behind us in the standings, didn't do a f***ing thing at the break, and has Adam Everett, Brenden Harris, and Nick Punto in there every day lineup.

Don't forget Craig Monroe on the bench.

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Jul 31, 2008 -> 08:50 PM)
Fields should not be playing in a game with a four run lead either I do not care what inning it is.

The advance scouting of this team is horrendous to nonexistent.

Why do you say that? There is no 3B in the league that would have had that hop. It jumped up 4 feet in the air over his head.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Jul 31, 2008 -> 07:55 PM)
They be a f***ing Twins fan. f*** that. Quentin is having a better season than Morenau, and is two years younger.

I am insanely jealous of a team that is behind us in the standings, didn't do a f***ing thing at the break, and has Adam Everett, Brenden Harris, and Nick Punto in there every day lineup.

Oh, I'm already a Twins fan. Liriano is going to be here before you know it!

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Jul 31, 2008 -> 07:45 PM)
Its like we forget who we are pitching to. We pitch away from Mauer, who goes oppo all he time then we pitch into Morneau who likes to get around on the ball. Flip the strategy guys, it might help you.

Chat, Mick.