Ken Griffey Jr. + Cash to the White Sox

joejoesox

• Replies 979
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Texsox @ Jul 31, 2008 -> 09:03 AM)
The last thing the team wants to do is announce one of their players may be traded. Makes the player feel unloved. So it will be quiet unless someone leaks something or the deal is done. Isn;t the deadline today for unrestricted trades?

Yep. 3PM.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 31, 2008 -> 08:07 AM)
David?

Yes, my bad it is David I heard it fast and thought they said Ben and I was like "wow they have more than one weathers? cuz david would make a lot more sense." But yes its David and I cant wait to hear the final details on this...

Chris De Luca, from the Sun times, is saying swish and paulie to platoon at first. Griffey will play center and has known since he hit his 600th that he will probably be traded somewhere. He thinks that BA is probably gone.

Edited by earthshiner

QUOTE (earthshiner @ Jul 31, 2008 -> 09:13 AM)
Chris De Luca, from the Sun times, is saying swish and paulie to platoon at first. Griffey will play center and has known since he hit his 600th. He thinks that BA is probably gone.

Griffey has known about a deal to the Sox since the 600th homer?

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jul 31, 2008 -> 08:13 AM)
He is because he f***ing blows. Nick Masset might be a better reliever than David Weathers at this point.

I think a pitcher comes with griffey, who I do not know, but there is alot going on with this. If konerko was hitting this would not be happening, way more to this right now.

Well I also heard on ESPNews, that the Sox are working on a 3-4 team trade to get Huston Street. Everyone assumes Swisher is gone, but no no no. Why can't it be Orlando who they've been trying to unload? Also, I think this move is so Ozzie could give his guys more breaks like he did in '05. Right now, he doesn't believe he has the flexibility he used to have. From what I heard, KG will be playing 1B and DH as well as OF.

First year we don't talk about it extensively, we finally get Ken Griffey Jr. I'll get his jersey as soon as it's possible.