Ken Griffey Jr. + Cash to the White Sox

joejoesox

• Replies 979
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Jul 31, 2008 -> 08:15 AM)
Well I also heard on ESPNews, that the Sox are working on a 3-4 team trade to get Huston Street. Everyone assumes Swisher is gone, but no no no. Why can't it be Orlando who they've been trying to unload? Also, I think this move is so Ozzie could give his guys more breaks like he did in '05. Right now, he doesn't believe he has the flexibility he used to have. From what I heard, KG will be playing 1B and DH as well as OF.

First year we don't talk about it extensively, we finally get Ken Griffey Jr. I'll get his jersey as soon as it's possible.

Why is everyone in love with Swisher? He has been awful. If anything OC has been playing much better than Swish this season.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 31, 2008 -> 09:16 AM)
Why is everyone in love with Swisher? He has been awful. If anything OC has been playing much better than Swish this season.

You mean the same Nick Swisher who has been roughly equal to Ken Griffey Jr. at the plate this season?

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jul 31, 2008 -> 09:15 AM)
I think I need a drink

Me too. Unfortunately its only 10:30 and i'm at work so i'm gonna have to wait

The longer this goes on the more uncomfortable I'm getting. I generally have a lot of faith in KW but i have a bad feeling he's gonna do something stupid today.

Any chance the Reds throw in Brandon Phillips :D ? I like the deal.If you can have Dewayne Wise or Ken Griffey, i'll think i'll take Griffey everyday. The lineup will be much more versatile/better if Ozzie want to go righty vs. lefty.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Jul 31, 2008 -> 08:20 AM)
Me too. Unfortunately its only 10:30 and i'm at work so i'm gonna have to wait

The longer this goes on the more uncomfortable I'm getting. I generally have a lot of faith in KW but i have a bad feeling he's gonna do something stupid today.

I always assume he'll do something stupid, but that's just me.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 31, 2008 -> 08:16 AM)

under team control, young, good presence, entering his prime.

Lots of reasons, and KW knows Swish isnt going anywhere for those reasons.

And I dont like De Luca knows s*** about what hes talking about. We wont see Griffey suit up in CF for the White Sox.

QUOTE (quickman @ Jul 31, 2008 -> 08:12 AM)
this whole thign is becuase konerko is washed up. If konerko was hitting this would never happen. Konerko is done.

Konerko is not washed up. I think he is still hurt and you'll see him go on the DL when this deal goes through. You don't see a drop off like this at 32.

QUOTE (quickman @ Jul 31, 2008 -> 08:17 AM)
swisher is not goign anywhere, he is under control for a few years, everyone loves the guy around the team, swisher will play first next year, when the sox give away konerko.

Well, if all it takes to secure a spot on the roster and the love of the fans is to

tell some jokes, play with blowup dolls, and be really sorry for not hitting - then dang, I could do that, and cheap!!! I will even take my own train up there to sign!

SFF