Official 2008-2009 College Football Thread

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Aug 4, 2008 -> 03:14 PM)
Texas Tech 14th overall, and UNC picked 4th in the ACC, should be an awesome football year for me.
I'm really hopeing that my Heels make signifigant strides this year under Davis. I'm looking forward to the season as well, thank god for the college football package so I can catch most of their games.

QUOTE (thedoctor @ Aug 26, 2008 -> 12:19 PM)

Whoa, thats a HUGE blow to Minny. There were rumblings of some academic issues for several players on this years team.

In other news, it wont take long for CFB fans to see top freshman Terrell Pryor as he is slated to get action in the first half Saturday.

Edited by RockRaines

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Aug 27, 2008 -> 04:58 PM)
Whoa, thats a HUGE blow to Minny. There were rumblings of some academic issues for several players on this years team.

This is NO surprise, and he won't be the last Gopher to be an academic casualty. The whole reason Brewster had such a good class last year was he took a ton of academic risks on several of the top prospects he got. They have Weber at QB though and he is pretty good.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Aug 27, 2008 -> 05:10 PM)
Clones on national TV tomorrow night, if you have FCS.

Don't confuse us with USC.

damn, I hope you guys dont play USC anytime soon. I wouldnt be able to tell who is who.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Aug 27, 2008 -> 05:13 PM)
This is NO surprise, and he won't be the last Gopher to be an academic casualty. The whole reason Brewster had such a good class last year was he took a ton of academic risks on several of the top prospects he got. They have Weber at QB though and he is pretty good.

Gray is SO damn good.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Aug 27, 2008 -> 11:50 PM)
Gray is SO damn good.

Yeah, and there is a reason he ended up at Minnesota. Nobody else would take the academic risk and Minnesota got burned being the school willing to do so. He should have went to Hargrave or something this year.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Aug 28, 2008 -> 07:02 PM)
Erin Andrews just provided a hell of an into to the new college football season on ESPN.

She was interviewing Steve Spurrier on SportsCenter this morning and wearing this green tank top. Oh my God.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Aug 27, 2008 -> 05:13 PM)

http://illinois.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=843421

Minnesota dropped from No. 17 to No. 35 after five prospects, including elite quarterback MarQueis Gray, didn't make it in.

There you go. That link btw is to the only recruiting rankings that matter, the "enrolled team recruiting rankings". That is, the top recruiting classes now that we know who qualifed for school. Illinois suffered a major loss in Patrick Nixon not qualifying, but it was their only loss and thus the moved from 23rd on signing day up to 17th now. Notre Dame and Alabama swapped the 1 and 2 spots.

Also, do yourself a favor and read the Sammie Stroughter story:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writ...hter/index.html

He had 12 catches for 159 yards and 2 touchdowns in the Oregon State opener tonight, a close loss at Stanford. But after reading that story, he's a guy I will certainly be rooting for.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

ISU did exactly what it needed to last night, throttling someone for the first time since the 42-14 of aTm in '05.

ISU 44, SDSU 17, and it wasn't that close. ISU forces 6 turnovers, with over 200 interception yards.

God, that felt good.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Aug 29, 2008 -> 07:52 AM)
ISU did exactly what it needed to last night, throttling someone for the first time since the 42-14 of aTm in '05.

ISU 44, SDSU 17, and it wasn't that close. ISU forces 6 turnovers, with over 200 interception yards.

God, that felt good.

Yeah Southern Ca......*COUGH* Iowa State looked good last night.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Aug 29, 2008 -> 08:54 AM)
Yeah Southern Ca......*COUGH* Iowa State looked good last night.

The 9 combined turnovers was a bit much.

I will say, this is the hardest I've ever seen an ISU team hit.

JesseSmith_0001_1000x750.jpg

I love college football.

Can't wait to watch so many games tomorrow, concluding with the game of the day: Illinois-Missouri

But what I'm really looking forward to is Monday Night Football with UT-UCLA!

Edited by dasox24

QUOTE (Baines3 @ Aug 30, 2008 -> 01:14 AM)
I hope Michigan plays better against Utah then we did last year against Appalachian State.

Go Blue!!

Can't wait for the media to blow their wad over Utah upsetting Michigan, even though it won't be an upset since Michigan will be down. It's gonna be a long season for us Michigan fans.