Official 2008-2009 College Football Thread

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (bmags @ Aug 30, 2008 -> 09:33 AM)
I'm heading to St. Louis right now. Go Mizzou!!! I'm a bit nervous but I'm thinking we'll pull through. Pretty experienced team now.

THEY WONT CONTAIN THE JUICE!Seriously its such a huge game for both teams Iam really looking forward to it.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Aug 30, 2008 -> 02:05 PM)
It's Clemson's for the taking.

Bowling Green up 10 on Pitt in Pitt with 9 minutes to go, and BGSU has the ball.

I think it's between Wake Forest and Clemson.

Also, Buckeyes looked good today, it was fun watching all 3 qb's play and Pryor looks so good out there.

Also i love that Kirk Herbstreit picked both BGSU over Pitt, and ECU over VT.

IU with a 31-13 win over Western Kentucky. The game was pretty much what I expected. We're definitely going to be worse than last year, but with another soft schedule there's a chance we could sneak into a bowl game. Another interesting thing to note is that few of the starters are seniors, so hopefully this year guys will get some experience, and maybe we can make some noise next year too.

And random thought of the day -- Jerimy Finch is a lot bigger than I realized. If either Polk or Thomas (though I really like both of them) go down with an injury, I could see Finch taking a spot and holding onto it. He didn't play as much today as I was hoping, though.

Thank God Virginia Tech red-shirted Tyrod Taylor. Sean Glennon is a miserable QB and will take VT out of contention for the ACC.

I feel pretty safe in saying that the Washington State Cougars and NC State Wolfpack are the two worst teams in D-1 this year. Duke can finally celebrate.

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Aug 30, 2008 -> 05:39 PM)
Thank God Virginia Tech red-shirted Tyrod Taylor. Sean Glennon is a miserable QB and will take VT out of contention for the ACC.

I feel pretty safe in saying that the Washington State Cougars and NC State Wolfpack are the two worst teams in D-1 this year. Duke can finally celebrate.

Hawaii is going to be really bad too.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Aug 30, 2008 -> 04:21 PM)
Michigan blows.

25-23 now.

They have the wrong QB for that offense. Threet is so slow.

I didn't get to watch the game cuz of work but thought Michigan would lose by more.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Aug 30, 2008 -> 09:22 PM)
Correction, their special teams is not very good. And Maclin is a sophmore, isn't he?

Yeah, well, their offense isn't much better. Their defense is good, they are just on the field too much.

And yes, he is, but if he entered the draft right now, he'd be a top 10 pick. ESPN, last year, did a 2006 draft re-do and Hester went in the top 10. Now, Maclin is just as dynamic as a ST player as Hester was, plus he's a WR.