8/2 Sox-Royals on FOX Saturday Game - 2:50 CT

elrockinMT

I see the game time in KC for the Sox-Royals game was changed from a night start to 2:00 PM MDT Saturday. It ius one of two games Fox TV is carrying so I am hoping it is the national broadcast and doesn't get pushed aside by the Red Sox or Yankeees or some other bunch of misfits. Royals are honoring veterans, current members of the military and emergency responders today.

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

This is crazy. The local Fox Affiliate http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XHRIO-TV which is actually in Mexico, but broadcasts in English, is carrying the Yankees - Angels game. One other Fox channel I receive, this one from the US, is carrying the Sox game, but in Spanish. :lolhitting When you live down here, it all makes sense.

QUOTE (Texsox @ Aug 2, 2008 -> 12:40 PM)
This is crazy. The local Fox Affiliate http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XHRIO-TV which is actually in Mexico, but broadcasts in English, is carrying the Yankees - Angels game. One other Fox channel I receive, this one from the US, is carrying the Sox game, but in Spanish. :lolhitting When you live down here, it all makes sense.

Because it is licensed in Mexico, XHRIO is exempt from the requirement to stop analog broadcasting after February 17, 2009 that US full power TV stations are subject to; Mexico has a different timetable for its own transition to digital, which is expected to be complete by 2021.

QUOTE (AWhiteSoxinNJ @ Aug 2, 2008 -> 12:31 PM)
I'm screwed with the Yankees in the east.

Me too.

I f***ing hate Fox games. I ALWAYS get stuck with some east coast crap. If you want to nationally broadcast a game, how about actually doing it instead of taking 2 games in each time slot and shafting people that don't live close to their market?

So the Lineup is ..

OC

Griff

Quentin

Dye

Thome

Konerko

Ramirez

Hall

Uribe

?????

New look lineup, as Junior is hitting No. 2, Konerko starting and hitting 6 and A.J. getting the day off. Uribe also starting over Fields. 12 minutes ago from txt

I filled out the bottom 3, but that can obviously be different.

QUOTE (JFields27 @ Aug 2, 2008 -> 11:43 AM)
So the Lineup is ..

OC

Griff

Quentin

Dye

Thome

Konerko

Ramirez

Hall

Uribe

?????

I filled out the bottom 3, but that can obviously be different.

god no, ozzie leave this sh** like it was yesterday, my god. konerko does NOT need to be playing right now when we're only 0.5 f***ing games up! unreal

Edited by joesaiditstrue

Awfulannouncing.com

Saturday:

LA Angels at New York Yankees- Joe Buck, Tim McCarver & Ken Rosenthal (Fox, 3:55pm, 73%)

MARKETS INCLUDE: Albuquerque, Austin, Baltimore, Boston, Buffalo, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Columbus, Dallas, Dayton, Denver, Detroit, Fort Myers, Greensboro, Hartford, Houston, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Louisville, Miami, New Orleans, New York, Norfolk, Oklahoma City, Orlando, Philadelphia, Phoenix, Pittsburgh, Portland, Providence, Raleigh, Richmond, Sacramento, Salt Lake City, San Antonio, San Diego, San Francisco, Seattle, Tampa, Tulsa, Washington, West Palm Beach

Milwaukee Brewers at Atlanta Braves- Thom Brennaman & Eric Karros (FOX, 3:55pm, 15%)

MARKETS INCLUDE: Atlanta, Birmingham, Charlotte, Greenville, Jacksonville, Knoxville, Memphis, Milwaukee, Nashville, St. Louis

Chicago White Sox at Kansas City Royals- Kenny Albert & Leo Mazzone (FOX, 3:55pm, 11%)

MARKETS INCLUDE: Chicago, Indianapolis, Kansas City, Minneapolis

QUOTE (DABearSoX @ Aug 2, 2008 -> 01:13 PM)
I HATE FOX....so I am guessing the only people that get to watch the game are people in the Chicagoland area...

Pretty much....that is such bulls***. Extra Innings can't even touch it. So much for my afternoon plans of sitting on my ass, drinkin' beer and watchin' the Sox.

The worst part about the Fox broadcasts is that it screws us out of towners out of a WGN telecast. I have not once in three years seen a Saturday Fox broadcast of the Sox here in Atlanta. Thank goodness for slingbox!

QUOTE (DABearSoX @ Aug 2, 2008 -> 03:13 PM)
I HATE FOX....so I am guessing the only people that get to watch the game are people in the Chicagoland area...

I can't even watch it on mlb.tv. Seriously, f*** fox.