elrockinMT

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (CQMVP @ Aug 2, 2008 -> 05:33 PM)
Can anyone tell me why Buehrle started today? Didn't he just start on Tuesday? I mean, he's a pretty heavy guy, he just pitched 3 days ago, and it is like 98 degrees in KC with a 110 degree heat index... He also had some sore shoulder problems a while back. He shouldn't have been starting today, in my opinion. The last thing we need is him getting hurt, and you could tell he had spaghetti arm today. Especially with Toby Hall catching.... He calls a brutal game behind the plate.

Buerhle pitched Monday so he is on normal rest. Hall may suck calling a game but it really wouldn't have mattered with how lousy Buehrle's stuff was today.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 2, 2008 -> 05:36 PM)
If that was Swisher, people would be complimenting him for a long AB. Hey Ozzie...at least we have the Charlotte crew up in the 9th!

I compliment Juan on the long AB, but criticize him with the way he ended it.

Thornton needs to shut these guys down quick and get Soria back on the field in the next few minutes.

By the way, I like Brian Anderson better than anyone else on this team for CF. I can't believe I'm saying that... heh

Edit: Way to throw a cookie out there Matt.

Edited by CQMVP

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 2, 2008 -> 04:36 PM)
It's a 5 run game...after the last week, we should know that's not an insurmountable lead.

no but it is a good spot to give Q a tad bit of rest on a hot steamy day...cmon when do the Sox come back from 5 down on the road??? well besides today