8/5 Sox v Tigers: 7:11 CST, CSN

witesoxfan

• Replies 838
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Aug 5, 2008 -> 07:45 PM)
Let's just ignore the fact PK even bats.

Whats with the sox hitters this year throwing their ass out on fastballs on the inner half, like the big ass moving away will distract the ump from the fact that the pitch is over the plate. Our 2 strike approach is pathetic. Swing as hard as possible, or pull a Pods.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Aug 6, 2008 -> 12:49 AM)
Whats with the sox hitters this year throwing their ass out on fastballs on the inner half, like the big ass moving away will distract the ump from the fact that the pitch is over the plate. Our 2 strike approach is pathetic. Swing as hard as possible, or pull a Pods.

It must be a plan :lolhitting

QUOTE (letsgoarow @ Aug 5, 2008 -> 07:54 PM)
id rather hawk announce by himself

Plesac was the same moron that was wearing the towel around his neck making fun of the sox pitchers during the wrigley series, because their necks hurt. It was classless and here I see this same mope announcing on TV for the sox. They could of found someone else.

The difference tonight besides the homer is the fact Gavin has given up 2 walks to go along with 3 hits allowed. Robertson, who we should beat the tar out of, has not allowed a walk and only 2 singles

Edited by elrockinMT

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Aug 6, 2008 -> 12:56 AM)
Plesac was the same moron that was wearing the towel around his neck making fun of the sox pitchers during the wrigley series, because their necks hurt. It was classless and here I see this same mope announcing on TV for the sox. They could of found someone else.

Are you telling me the Sox would bring in a moron like that to announce our games? We don't need that. Or does the team have anything to say about the announcers?

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Aug 5, 2008 -> 08:08 PM)
He gets the job done, but I would like to see OC less pull happy. When he was with the Angels he would go to right field with 2 strikes. This year he is pull happy.

Oh, speaking of which, when the Sox played the Twins, Ron Coomer said that the minor league philosphy for hitting was to make contact out front and keep your head down.

I don't remember anyone posting that and I forgot until right now so...there.

Edited by G&T

QUOTE (sox1844 @ Aug 5, 2008 -> 08:09 PM)
He didn't get lucky, he ran his ass off.

He had men on 1st and 2nd and no outs. Pull the ball on the ground is what the opposition wants. He hit a slow chopper. Him running his ass off made the play close.