8/5 Sox v Tigers: 7:11 CST, CSN

witesoxfan

• Replies 838
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Phil McKrevice @ Aug 5, 2008 -> 08:36 PM)
Exactly why Jr. has no business fielding balls.

Kenny's big flaw is going after guys year after year, even after their prime. Jr's bat is a nice addition, but his defense is center is fugly.

What a joke Griffey is defensively. He couldn't even bend over for a ball. Hasn't done much offensively, either.

But...but... I thought everything would turn around on the homestand?! How there is only one run on the board against Robertson is embarrassing. Especially with the opporutnities we've had.

This isn't a team that looks like it should be in first place anytime soon.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

Another bad outing from the starter. I doubt the bullpen is going to be shutting down this offense any time soon. On the other hand, the Sox can't manage to score against a pretty awful pitcher.

I'm beginning to rethink the Sox being good enough to win the AL Central.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Aug 5, 2008 -> 08:37 PM)
Kenny's big flaw is going after guys who can't play center field and saying they'll play center, even after their prime. Jr's bat is a nice addition, but his defense is center is fugly.

Slight modification, though I don't disagree with your original sentiment. Here's my list of Williams acquisitions who could allegedly, when acquired, play center:

Everett (2003 version)

Podsednik (considered before Rowand)

Mackowiak

Swisher

Griffey

Hmm.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Aug 6, 2008 -> 02:40 AM)
If Griffey doesn't let the ball get by him, the infield isn't in and if he hit the ball exactly the same, its an easy out. Bad defense will kill you.

I hope someone keeps track of the triples we allow when Griffey Jr's in CF compared to when Swisher/Anderson/Wise are out there.