Ozzie Suspended 2 games and no Sox players punished

maggsmaggs

QUOTE (Brian @ Aug 5, 2008 -> 02:03 PM)
Good news? We are going to be counting the innings for Ozzie's return is Cora is at the helm. Didn't he screw up a game last year when ozzie was suspended?

Time to bring Buddy Bell to Chicago.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 5, 2008 -> 03:05 PM)
Isn't he going to be sending in the calls and making the lineup anyway?

He will also have a mullet and a fake beard and will be somewhere on the bench. I love Bobby Valentine for that moment.

And I believe according to MLB rules, a suspended or ejected manager is not allowed to take part in the baseball game. So I guess technically he is not allowed to make a lineup or make calls from the dugout.

Edited by maggsmaggs

White Sox manager Ozzie Guillen has been suspended for two games and fined an undisclosed amount for his aggressive actions during the incident, which included making contact with Umpire Tim Timmons, and for his comments following the game. Guillen will begin to serve his suspension tonight, when the White Sox host the Detroit Tigers.

Link

It's funny, the umpire was the one making contact with him.

QUOTE (Whitewashed in '05 @ Aug 5, 2008 -> 02:54 PM)
White Sox manager Ozzie Guillen has been suspended for two games and fined an undisclosed amount for his aggressive actions during the incident, which included making contact with Umpire Tim Timmons, and for his comments following the game. Guillen will begin to serve his suspension tonight, when the White Sox host the Detroit Tigers.

Link

It's funny, the umpire was the one making contact with him.

He even made a show of trying to back away from him.

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ Aug 5, 2008 -> 03:05 PM)
The umpire pushed Guillen with a closed fist and spit in his face. After the game, the umpires apologized for the bad call on Carrasco which set Ozzie off in the first place. And yet Ozzie gets suspended two games?

MLB should start suspending umpires for bad calls and improper conduct, but MLB is a joke.

??? I didn't see this.

QUOTE (Jake @ Aug 5, 2008 -> 04:07 PM)
??? I didn't see this.

Yep. When the ump and Ozzie were nose to nose and the ump was jawing back at Ozzie, Oz flinched back and wiped his face as if he was hit with spit. It wasn't intentional of course, but neither was any contact Ozzie made with the ump.

And the ump was pushing Ozzie back with a closed fist at one point.

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ Aug 5, 2008 -> 03:11 PM)
Yep. When the ump and Ozzie were nose to nose and the ump was jawing back at Ozzie, Oz flinched back and wiped his face as if he was hit with spit. It wasn't intentional of course, but neither was any contact Ozzie made with the ump.

And the ump was pushing Ozzie back with a closed fist at one point.

Ohh ok. I thought we were talking Robbie Alomar spit.