Sox Fan Bernie Mac Dies

Al Lopez's Ghost

Just saw on MSNBC that Bernie Mac died from pneumonia at the age of 50.

Actor and comedian Bernie Mac dies at age 50

Emmy- and Golden Globe-nominated actor and comedian Bernie Mack has died at age 50, his publicist said Saturday.

Publicist Danica Smith said Bernie Mac died early Saturday at a hospital in the Chicago area of complications due to pneumonia.

The comedian suffered from sarcoidosis, an inflammatory lung disease that produces tiny lumps of cells in the body’s organs, but he had said the condition went into remission in 2005. He recently had been hospitalized and treated for pneumonia.

Mac had starring roles in “Ocean’s Eleven,” “Bad Santa,” “Charlie’s Angels: Full Throttle” and “Transformers.”

The comedian drew critical and popular acclaim with his Fox television series “The Bernie Mac Show,” which aired more than 100 episodes from 2001 to 2006.

Edited by Athomeboy_2000

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Aug 9, 2008 -> 07:12 AM)
How unfortunate. He was a very good man, a fun comedian, and really enjoyed life. He'll be missed.

+1

Fifty is way too young. Thoughts and prayers go out to his family.

QUOTE (LosMediasBlancas @ Aug 9, 2008 -> 11:07 AM)
From Pneumonia??? Isn't it rare nowadays to die from that?

I think he had some disease and pneumonia was an offshoot of that. Kinda like HIV...you don't die from HIV, you die from the sickness you can get from the HIV-weakened immune system.

QUOTE (CanOfCorn @ Aug 9, 2008 -> 11:16 AM)
I think he had some disease and pneumonia was an offshoot of that. Kinda like HIV...you don't die from HIV, you die from the sickness you can get from the HIV-weakened immune system.

That's what I was hinting at, I bet that was the case.