Gavin Floyd is bald.

greasywheels121

http://blogs.chicagosports.chicagotribune....-and-a-los.html

A win and a loss for Floyd

By Mark Gonzales - 5:16 p.m.

Gavin Floyd extended his season-high for wins to 12 by beating Boston 6-5.

But Floyd suffered a "loss," based on a bet he made with closer Bobby Jenks in spring training.

By losing the bet, Floyd had to shave his head.

"I got to take the first swipe," Jenks smiled. "Right down the middle."

Wonder what the bet was...

I hope he made a bet about shaving his eyebrows if he won 20 games (and that at the end of the season we see him shave those).

Gavin is my favorite Sox starter to watch pitch (aside from the obvious one in Buehrle, since Mark works so damn quick). Danks is another fav of mine. I hate watching Javy/Jose pitch.

The next time I see Javy actually throw anything on the inside half of the plate will be about the first time all season. Watching him pitch is horrid. It makes it worse when you can see that his stuff is still there. Honestly, Coop aught to punch Javy in the face until he throws a game where practically everything is on the inside half.

Heck, I'll compare Javy with Garland. Garland was good when he threw inside, when he didn't, he'd be bad. Javy is the same way. Obviously they are different pitchers but to be good they have to make the hitter uncomfortable. Javy would be great if he pitched inside.

I'm a little confused. Floyd won his 12th game but lost a bet? LOL.

You'd think that if a guy thought he was going to do well... and then he did... that he would be winning bets not losing them.

Edited by scenario

Lol it was a playful bet I dont think Bobby would have to do anything if Floyd didnt reach 12 wins. Plus, going into the year who really thought Floyd would be winning 12 games and position to get a few more. He was a struggling pitcher and we were supposed to be a poor team.

QUOTE (scenario @ Aug 10, 2008 -> 10:55 PM)

You'd think that if a guy thought he was going to do well... and then he did... that he would be winning bets not losing them.

I thought I was the only one that caught that. Apparently, bets are confusing to Jenks and Floyd.

I think Gonzales messed up by calling it a bet. It was probably more of an agreement. Like Floyd probably says if I accomplish a major goal, then you guys can cut my hair. He wouldn't want to have a s***ty year and also lose his mane. That's salt in the wound

I think Gavin has really had a turn around in personality this year. I could be wrong, but it seems that he was always stressed or scared out there, and now he seems to have settled in, relaxed, and become one of the guys. And even though his ERA is drifting back towards average, he's been great to watch this year.

QUOTE (scenario @ Aug 10, 2008 -> 10:55 PM)

Yeah maybe he thought he could win 12 games, but if he didn't he was going to win a bet with Jenks, who knows what Jenks would've had to do.

QUOTE (oralsoxpodcast @ Aug 11, 2008 -> 03:27 PM)
This team is obsessed with hair. Dyeing it, shaving it, growing it...on their head, on their chin, on their face...just obsessed! I'm just glad that the bet didn't involve having Dotel eat the hair off of someone's foot. I love em...but baseball players are dumb.

I think there's a body part that has a lot of hair on and around it that you missed.