Sawx @ Sox 8-11

whitesoxbrian

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Aug 11, 2008 -> 05:10 PM)
Move AJ out of the f***ing 2 hole for christ sakes, and you wonder why Quentin doesnt have the RBI's Hamilton has.

AJ as a #2 hitter:

.281 .306 .399 .705

Cabrera isn't exactly helping matters either with his .269/.327/.352/.679 on the year and .620 OPS since the start of July. It's just not fair, Hamilton gets Kinsler and Young and Quentin gets Cabrera and Pierzynski. Ouch.

I agree about moving A.J. out of the 2-hole. It was a good idea earlier on in the season when there were no other options, but at this point, I'd rather have Swisher up there for his OBP or Alexei for his general speedsmanship. Stick A.J. at 6 or 7.

QUOTE (rcpweiner @ Aug 11, 2008 -> 05:20 PM)
I agree about moving A.J. out of the 2-hole. It was a good idea earlier on in the season when there were no other options, but at this point, I'd rather have Swisher up there for his OBP or Alexei for his general speedsmanship. Stick A.J. at 6 or 7.

I prefer Swish up there so he can see fastballs and get on base, but ANYONE should be better getting on base than AJ

RBI is such an overrated stat, it's like wins for starting pitchers. You can't control what the people in front of you do. I keep hearing "omg Hamilton has 50 trillion RBI's", but if Quentin had the same guys hitting in front of him, he'd be in the same boat, if not have a few more runs batted in.

QUOTE (rcpweiner @ Aug 11, 2008 -> 05:20 PM)

Swish with the 98 Ks though

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Aug 11, 2008 -> 02:17 PM)
Cabrera isn't exactly helping matters either with his .269/.327/.352/.679 on the year and .620 OPS since the start of July. It's just not fair, Hamilton gets Kinsler and Young and Quentin gets Cabrera and Pierzynski. Ouch.

Problem is, except for about 40 points of slugging, those are right on Cabrera's career numbers. His OBP is actually slightly higher this season that it is in his career. This is just who he is...he's a below average player with the bat.

QUOTE (Princess Dye @ Aug 11, 2008 -> 05:26 PM)
Swish with the 98 Ks though

Yeah we don't have an ideal leadoff or two hitter. I guess you could try Swish with all the walks he draws, but so many strikeouts. Alexei can run and hits for great average, but can't walk. Even OC isn't a very good leadoff hitter right now.