THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!

SoxFan1

Let's win tomorrow and make it 1 game ahead of Twins.

I like the enthusiasm, but isn't it crazy how close the race is and is going to be? Whoopie we'd be one whole game up!

Great job Mark, especially in the inning when he made the error. Way to dig deep. Gotta love the relief job. That's good Dotel. We need that the next 6 weeks. He gets paid a lot. Do what you did tonight, Dotel. Royals are back in their usual funk. Glad to see us dispose of them easily. We really do need to complete the sweep this time. They are playing lousy.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 13, 2008 -> 09:36 PM)
I like the enthusiasm, but isn't it crazy how close the race is and is going to be? Whoopie we'd be one whole game up!

Great job Mark, especially in the inning when he made the error. Way to dig deep. Gotta love the relief job. That's good Dotel. We need that the next 6 weeks. He gets paid a lot. Do what you did tonight, Dotel. Royals are back in their usual funk. Glad to see us dispose of them easily. We really do need to complete the sweep this time. They are playing lousy.

1 game isn't much at all but we need all we can get.

Twins are at home for the next 6 games starting on Friday against:

SEATTLE 45-74

OAKLAND 55-63

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 13, 2008 -> 08:36 PM)

Minnesota will be at home for the next 6 against Seattle and Oakland, one of which is bad and one of which is medicore. All of which will be at the Metrodome.

From 2005-2007, we're 9-15 against Oakland, so it is big potentially having a 1 game lead going there.

The way the Twins are playing you'd think it's 5-1 minimum probably 6-0. They actually won a series vs. the Yankees? My god. Twins equal amazing; Yanks may be finished as they actually lose a series to Minnie, a team they normally own.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 13, 2008 -> 09:59 PM)
The way the Twins are playing you'd think it's 5-1 minimum probably 6-0. They actually won a series vs. the Yankees? My god. Twins equal amazing; Yanks may be finished as they actually lose a series to Minnie, a team they normally own.

I can't tell whether you're sarcastic or serious.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 13, 2008 -> 10:03 PM)
I'm mostly serious. Can you imagine them not going at least 5-1 in the next six at home? And Yanks usually beat the s*** out of Minnie.

So you made my point for me- the Sox having a 1 game lead going to a play a team in which they usually struggle is big especially when the team right on our a**es is home against a bad and a medicore team.

Yeah a game would be nice if Minnie does indeed go 5-1 or 6-0. Ever since somebody posted that thread about us having to play 4 in New York, 3 in Minnie and three in KC in late September, I've felt kind of queasy overall about our chances.

Cause I didn't expect this from them. I mean they even won the series from the Yankees. They beat us 3 of 4 when it mattered. Now they have 6 at home against lousy teams. I would have expected this from Det. and Cleve this year but not Minnie. I even expected KC to pass Minnie.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 13, 2008 -> 11:07 PM)
Cause I didn't expect this from them. I mean they even won the series from the Yankees. They beat us 3 of 4 when it mattered. Now they have 6 at home against lousy teams. I would have expected this from Det. and Cleve this year but not Minnie. I even expected KC to pass Minnie.

we should all expect exactly this from MN, they just find a way to get it done, in most years, with guys you never heard of, not blowing people out, but winning solidly by a couple runs each game and defending home court, they find a way in particular to stick it to the Sox time and time again, I cannot recall how many late Septembers they broke my heart in the final week, 05 the exception......eg. Slowey, who is that guy, got a 500 record but is suddenly unhittable? this year would be what 5 ALC titles in 7 yrs, on minimum budget?......basically to win this division from them to you have to have a rocking year, but don't expect to take it with anything less than 90 wins......which they've had 5 of the last 7 seasons, assuming they'll have that this year

I probably take the bait too often replying to thread regarding the twins, but their ability to do just enough to get in the playoffs, then summarily choke in the first round, drives me absolutely insane