Sox at Oakland A's Part One

nitetrain8601

West Coast hasn't been favorable to us before, but that was before Swisher. We got a few guys on their team against us, but we won't see Sweeney as he's on the DL. Regardless, Oakland hasn't been playing at the level they were. Floyd will be playing in a spacious ballpark, so it's time to take advantage. Part one is tonight against the lefty. RIP'EM AND HAVE SOME BOOS AND SWISHER'S HOUSE!

:gosoxretro: :gosox3:

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 15, 2008 -> 02:46 PM)
From the FWIW category... The A's are 4-23 in their last 27 games.

Wow. That is awful, Just awful. I think during that they are batting like .213 or something.

Edited by GoSox05

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Aug 15, 2008 -> 03:22 PM)
Let's get BA some time in that outfield. The less Griffey having to cover that ground, the better.

Couldn't agree more. With three lefties pitching for Oakland, he could hit well and especially with the huge outfield in Oakland, BA is needed for his range. I would love BA to start all three games.

QUOTE (joesaiditstrue @ Aug 15, 2008 -> 03:09 PM)
seriously, sweep this terrible team, winning streak incoming...

For realisies. there is no reason we should not sweep this team and hopefully increase our lead (albeit that could be hard with the twins playing an equally god awful team in seattle)

QUOTE (soxfan3530 @ Aug 15, 2008 -> 02:36 PM)
For realisies. there is no reason we should not sweep this team and hopefully increase our lead (albeit that could be hard with the twins playing an equally god awful team in seattle)

Floyd > Danks > Jaaaaaaavy

Own these guys like you owned those pesky royals, javy

i like our chances this series

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 15, 2008 -> 02:46 PM)
From the FWIW category... The A's are 4-23 in their last 27 games.

The A's have been in a freefall. It wasn't more than a couple of months ago when it looked like they might give the Angels a run for their money in the West. I guess they collapsed because Beane traded away most of their good players.

QUOTE (Sox It To Em @ Aug 15, 2008 -> 03:37 PM)
The A's have been in a freefall. It wasn't more than a couple of months ago when it looked like they might give the Angels a run for their money in the West. I guess they collapsed because Beane traded away most of their good players.

That's one part. The other: the A's were playing way over their own heads.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Aug 15, 2008 -> 03:34 PM)
Couldn't agree more. With three lefties pitching for Oakland, he could hit well and especially with the huge outfield in Oakland, BA is needed for his range. I would love BA to start all three games.

Check BAs splits, he is worse against lefties than righties. That goes for most of the team except for Paulie, Alexei and Toby.

QUOTE (Omnipotent Grab @ Aug 15, 2008 -> 04:50 PM)
Check BAs splits, he is worse against lefties than righties. That goes for most of the team except for Paulie, Alexei and Toby.

BAs OPS vs. lefties = .871

BAs OPS vs. righties = .631.

KGs OPS vs. lefties = .676

KGs OPS vs. righties = .803

BA is pretty damn good against lefties even though his average isn't too good agaisnt them, especially since he is a legit deep threat against them. Plus. his GG caliber defense in Oakland is huge because of how big that outfield is.

QUOTE (Jim Spencer @ Aug 15, 2008 -> 03:48 PM)
The A's are not the same team we saw in early July. With that said, Gavin pitches a 3 hit shut-out (3 singles to Frank ;) )

:gosoxretro: :gosox3: :gosox2:

wow,steve dahl!!that takes me way back!haven t been to Chicago since 1989

Edited by MexSoxFan#1

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Aug 15, 2008 -> 05:38 PM)
BAs OPS vs. lefties = .871

BAs OPS vs. righties = .631.

KGs OPS vs. lefties = .676

KGs OPS vs. righties = .803

BA is pretty damn good against lefties even though his average isn't too good agaisnt them, especially since he is a legit deep threat against them. Plus. his GG caliber defense in Oakland is huge because of how big that outfield is.

Was checking out his career numbers mainly, but it seems that luck has great affected his numbers.

BAs OPS vs RHP = .660, .293 BAbip

BAs OPS vs LHP = .654, .237 BAbip

You were very right, He walks more against LHP and has more hrs as well.

For this year his BAbip splits are even more ridiculous.

BAs BAbip vs RHP = .338

BAs BAbip vs LHP = .162

All of his homers have been off of LHP this year.

I really mainly paid attention the avg something I dont usually do, thanks for correcting me.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Aug 15, 2008 -> 06:32 PM)
wow,steve dahl!!that takes me way back!haven t been to Chicago since 1989

Steve Dahl is still going strong on Chicago Radio. However, he just dosen't seem as funny as he did when I was in Junior High :lol: