Sox at Oakland A's Part One

nitetrain8601

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 16, 2008 -> 04:41 AM)
Gavin's been throwing low fastballs to Cust all night that he's fouled off. He has to be careful this AB with him, as Cust has been just barely behind on that pitch.

Exactly what I was talking about.

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 15, 2008 -> 09:41 PM)
Gavin's been throwing low fastballs to Cust all night that he's fouled off. He has to be careful this AB with him, as Cust has been just barely behind on that pitch.

Great call.

Cust is another of those s*** players that kills the Sox.

This game is on the offense inabilty to do anything that has allowed the A's to stay in this game.

last time we played oakland ESPN ran a stat showing Cust's numbers on the fastball vs. breaking balls....the jist of it was, Cust doesnt chase pitches out of the zone, fastballs or curveballs...but in the strike zone, he rakes fastballs, and hits breaking balls at like a historically bad rate

fathom beat me to saying this exact same thing

Edited by daa84

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Aug 16, 2008 -> 03:45 AM)
Great call.

This game is on the offense inabilty to do anything that has allowed the A's to stay in this game.

I guess those high fly balls that went foul down the left field line didn't teach AJP anything. Oh well, let's see if our bullpen can step up.

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Aug 15, 2008 -> 10:45 PM)
Great call.

OPS of .912 last year in 124 games, .796 in 109 games this year. I'd hardly call him a "s***" player.

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Aug 15, 2008 -> 10:47 PM)
Do the Sox have advanced scouts?

The Sox should hire us and send about 4 or 5 to scout out teams, we'd be happy because that job would be cool, they'd be happy because they might actually get more advanced scouting.