8/18 - Mariners vs. @ White Sox 7:11 PM CDT - CSN

DaTank

To open the series, we have a battle of the southpaws. I hope we can take advantage of Washburn on our field, who is generally a fly ball pitcher. Buehrle has been good of late, let's see if he can keep it up. P.S. Thanks, Knight

:gosox3:

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Aug 17, 2008 -> 11:09 PM)
I know it was Washburn, but did Mark also throw in the 2003?? game where Thomas had the two HR's, including a walk off? For a while thta was the best game I had ever been to.

Yep.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/CH...200308180.shtml

I remember Washburn was working us badly, until Robbie got the first hit and Frank promptly tied the game at 2, in the 7th.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Aug 18, 2008 -> 04:09 AM)
I know it was Washburn, but did Mark also throw in the 2003?? game where Thomas had the two HR's, including a walk off? For a while thta was the best game I had ever been to.

Was that versus the Angels?

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Aug 18, 2008 -> 03:45 PM)
Was that versus the Angels?

Sorry. I missed the POST with the box score. I remember that game also and it was on ESPN cause I was watching and yelling when the Big Hurt hammered those two homers. He was being bragged up by the ESPN crew also

What will make this game interesting is there was some talk of the Sox being interested in acquiring Washburn. I hope we hammer him good, but if he hols the Sox down can you imagine the flood of POSTS crying about how we could have had Washburn? The games with Seattle are being broadcast on FOX NW and I can watch the series on the big screen TV. That is if I can wrestle the remote away from the Old Ball and Chain who wants to watch something called the Olympics.

fathom what was the name of that poster that came around the end of the 05 season that posted a lot all of a sudden, got banned, then came back under a different name (abbreviations or something i want to say) then got banned again.

QUOTE (jphat007 @ Aug 18, 2008 -> 04:58 PM)
fathom what was the name of that poster that came around the end of the 05 season that posted a lot all of a sudden, got banned, then came back under a different name (abbreviations or something i want to say) then got banned again.

jabroni and then sosh?

QUOTE (EvilJester99 @ Aug 18, 2008 -> 04:29 PM)
I seen on SSS that Richard is going to start tomorrow?? Haven't they seen enough of him??
When he came up for those first games he looked good pitching to a few hitters.. I believe and the sox management believes he should be at the show.. perhaps he was sent down to work on some mechanical issue. I think the sox coaching staff think that he's worth it.

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Aug 18, 2008 -> 02:54 PM)
That game would be Altered Beast

it was altered beast and that s*** worked too...dye was horrendous to start and then got hot and carried us for a while....right when he made that sig

ive always wanted to bring that sig back this year for PK

Edited by daa84

I'm excited. I live in the NW and pretty much the only time I get to actually watch the Sox play is on the random ESPN game or when they play the Mariners. I'll be glued to my couch for the next several days. I'll finally get to watch Floyd pitch too

You should get mlb.tv, I live in Seattle and I can watch pretty much every White Sox game(except for saturday usually), and it's only 20$ a season