8/18 - Mariners vs. @ White Sox 7:11 PM CDT - CSN

DaTank

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 18, 2008 -> 07:44 PM)
Washburn really is the perfect hitter for Brian Anderson's swing. It's too bad he didn't get the start.

Edit: to not play in place of PK or Swisher, of course!

Nick Swisher says "it doesn't matter."

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 18, 2008 -> 06:44 PM)
Washburn really is the perfect hitter for Brian Anderson's swing. It's too bad he didn't get the start.

Edit: to not play in place of PK or Swisher, of course!

Your veiled threats always bring the best out. Please mention how Fields should be playing so Uribe goes off.

QUOTE (RME JICO @ Aug 18, 2008 -> 07:48 PM)
Your veiled threats always bring the best out. Please mention how Fields should be playing so Uribe goes off.

Uribe seems to play better when he knows he's either about to get benched or he knows he's not the starter. If we could psychologically trick him into thinking that way all the time I'd give him a 100 million dollar contract to play SS.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Aug 19, 2008 -> 12:49 AM)
Uribe seems to play better when he knows he's either about to get benched or he knows he's not the starter. If we could psychologically trick him into thinking that way all the time I'd give him a 100 million dollar contract to play SS.

threaten no dinner every night.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Aug 18, 2008 -> 06:43 PM)
Mark was throwing towards Alexei, there's no such thing as throwing to the bag on a double play.

Cabrera wasn't even there in time to get the throw, if it was to Cabrera, Mark would have had to have waited a touch longer.

My last comment on this. Yer funny...did you even play/pitch?

Dude...you're not leading a WR on an out pattern...or a pitcher covering 1st.

Also what fathom said...Mark should have made sure...but you throw to the bag.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 18, 2008 -> 07:57 PM)
"stretch" on a fly ball 40 feet from going out

It sucks when you are away from the TV, but can hear it, then Hawk says STRETCH, and you think we just hit a homer, and then find out it didn't even make the warning track :lolhitting

QUOTE (Wanne @ Aug 18, 2008 -> 07:54 PM)
My last comment on this. Yer funny...did you even play/pitch?

Dude...you're not leading a WR on an out pattern...or a pitcher covering 1st.

Also what fathom said...Mark should have made sure...but you throw to the bag.

I've probably forgot more about baseball than you'll ever know, if you want to go there. I sure as hell hope you aren't attempting to be a coach at any point in time.

I'll leave you with this.

Next time you are at a baseball game, and a runner reaches first with less than 2 outs, watch the pitcher after the ball gets back into the infield. Watch him look to the SS and 2B and and point to one of them, and have that guy point back at him.

Then wonder why the hell those actions just took place...

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 18, 2008 -> 07:02 PM)
Very nice plays by Uribe this inning....Ramirez has to learn how to dive. I really think the idea of putting him at SS is a disaster waiting to happen.

Im not willing to say Alexi can't play SS, but I must say he looked like a goof on that last hit up the middle.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 18, 2008 -> 06:02 PM)
Very nice plays by Uribe this inning....Ramirez has to learn how to dive. I really think the idea of putting him at SS is a disaster waiting to happen.

For some reason I think Uribe is the starting SS for the Sox in 2009 with Ramirez sticking at 2B.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 18, 2008 -> 07:02 PM)

I'm glad somebody else agrees with me on this. He range has been below average at second this season.