8/18 - Mariners vs. @ White Sox 7:11 PM CDT - CSN

DaTank

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 18, 2008 -> 05:31 PM)
Please remember this when begging for the Sox to claim Washburn. When you add in the 5 just miss 'ems....I never want to see Washburn on the Sox.

But it would only have cost us $15 million. He can't be that much worse than Sheets or Captain Cheeseburger can he?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 18, 2008 -> 08:35 PM)
I don't know if I've ever seen a manager bring in a new pitcher and then have the new pitcher start off with the intentional walk.

I know I've seen the Sox do it. It had to be either Manuel or Bevs.

QUOTE (jphat007 @ Aug 19, 2008 -> 01:36 AM)
It's too bad I can't be around everynight anymore.

Maybe my favorite moment on the board in 2005 was congratulating you after Pods walkoff homer. We got into an argument every night about him it seemed like, but my post to you couldn't have been more sincere.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 19, 2008 -> 01:35 AM)
But it would only have cost us $15 million. He can't be that much worse than Sheets or Captain Cheeseburger can he?

And it looks like the Duke has a hip problem, which I believe he's had in the past.

QUOTE (G&T @ Aug 18, 2008 -> 08:36 PM)
I know I've seen the Sox do it. It had to be either Manuel or Bevs.

Bevington did it when he went out for a second mound visit in an inning but didn't have any relievers warming up. Robin Ventura had to tell him to do that so he could get a reliever up and ready for the hitter after that. Bevington was a real dumbass and I'm not sure how he ever got hired. He most certainly will never manage in MLB again, except on an interim basis when whoever is stupid enough to hire him as a bench coach is eventually fired.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 19, 2008 -> 01:35 AM)
I don't know if I've ever seen a manager bring in a new pitcher and then have the new pitcher start off with the intentional walk.

You see how Tampa intentionally walked Hamilton with the bases loaded the other day?