8/22 Rays vs White Sox 7:11 PM CDT - CSN

Metz

QUOTE (JohnCangelosi @ Aug 22, 2008 -> 10:35 PM)
Angels have no life whatsoever. First time in 11 games Saunders has allowed more than 3 runs. This is just flat out ridiculous. Let's crown the Twins champs of the Central once again.

everyone who was drooling over the Twins dreaded road trip, including the TV talking heads, clearly don't what seems like logic doesn't work for the White Sox.

1)Twins get a dead Angels team, cruising to a div title without contest, playing flat and scoring 1 run against Slowey, and none other that Hunter giving up the error that leads too the loss, define irony?

2) the rest of that trip is against deadbeat teams who the Twins are going to massacre, road or not

3) the sox have a red hot TB team and BOS on the road during that stretch

4) Twins history of nonames playing like allstars, who the f*ck are slowey, perkins, seriously, do their players have no big league learning curve over an entire season????

so what appears to be a golden opportunity for our sox will be the exact exact opposite, I predict we're 4 out by the time this stretch ends

Thanks you Anaheim for tanking at the exact moment we need you, so you can coast into the playoffs while helping the twins in so they can exit in round one as usual

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (JohnCangelosi @ Aug 23, 2008 -> 04:45 AM)
There ya go. And we have BOS and NYY at their place. This isn't good. I am tempted to say we're done but that's just the pessimist in me...I am SO SICK of the same old story with the Twins. It would be different if you knew they weren't going to be swept in the playoffs, but they don't even have a chance, and you know the White Sox teams would be more suited for this type of play....oh well....

P.S. 8-0 Twins

If the Cubs make the World Series, I really don't know which AL team matches up the best against them. I would say it's either the White Sox or Rays. Without Manny, the Red Sox just don't "wow" me. I think they would destroy the Angels or Twins.

QUOTE (JohnCangelosi @ Aug 22, 2008 -> 09:45 PM)
There ya go. And we have BOS and NYY at their place. This isn't good. I am tempted to say we're done but that's just the pessimist in me...I am SO SICK of the same old story with the Twins. It would be different if you knew they weren't going to be swept in the playoffs, but they don't even have a chance, and you know the White Sox teams would be more suited for this type of play....oh well....

P.S. 8-0 Twins

I guess as Chicago fans we have to be pessimists by nature,but let me tell you,I m fortunate enough to have seen the Bears,Bulls and White Sox win titles...all my fave teams...there are many,many fans around the sports world that can t say that :gosox4: :gosox1:

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 22, 2008 -> 10:48 PM)
If the Cubs make the World Series, I really don't know which AL team matches up the best against them. I would say it's either the White Sox or Rays. Without Manny, the Red Sox just don't "wow" me. I think they would destroy the Angels or Twins.

Cub Killer Adam Dunn and Randy Johnson will once again take care of them in the 1st round. No worries...

Let's crown the Twins champs of the Central once again.

It just might happen. If the Twins keep this up, they will be like the Royals of 77 who buried the South Side hit men. The Twins like that Royals team from mid August through mid September just don't lose. Hopefully our guys won't quit and hang in there and see what happens. But the Twins certainly look like a team of destiny (til they get mauled in the first round again). The key is simply winning every series. If we do that no matter how hot the Twins are we will be only a handful of games back for if and when they finally come down to earth.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (stretchstretch @ Aug 22, 2008 -> 10:48 PM)
everyone who was drooling over the Twins dreaded road trip, including the TV talking heads, clearly don't what seems like logic doesn't work for the White Sox.

1)Twins get a dead Angels team, cruising to a div title without contest, playing flat and scoring 1 run against Slowey, and none other that Hunter giving up the error that leads too the loss, define irony?

2) the rest of that trip is against deadbeat teams who the Twins are going to massacre, road or not

3) the sox have a red hot TB team and BOS on the road during that stretch

4) Twins history of nonames playing like allstars, who the f*ck are slowey, perkins, seriously, do their players have no big league learning curve over an entire season????

so what appears to be a golden opportunity for our sox will be the exact exact opposite, I predict we're 4 out by the time this stretch ends

Thanks you Anaheim for tanking at the exact moment we need you, so you can coast into the playoffs while helping the twins in so they can exit in round one as usual

I couldn't have said it better myself. Perhaps they are laying down SO THEY GET MINNY in the playoffs....that would make sense since we all know if they get there they will be swept as usual

That's what's so frustrating. You know damn well they are going to get swept whereas we will scare people cause of our postseason magic of 05. The Twins piss me off. It's to our credit we're tied right now. The Sox have stayed with these guys as they continue to sizz.

lol,the twinkies should not be allowed to represent the AL Central,at least the Tribe took the eventual champs Red Sox to the limit and Detroit got to the WS...the twins embarrass themselves when the get to the post season,out by the first round :chair

Still, didn't slowey strike out 12 batters or something like that? They are amazing. It's still the Angels they are beating. The Angels fans should pray they play the Twins over us, cause in the postseason the Twins are a different team. They'll fold again.