White Sox vs. Rays - 1:05 CSN, TBS

Jake

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (santo=dorf @ Aug 24, 2008 -> 10:14 PM)
If Jim Thome was so unclutch, why wouldn't Tampa pitch to him in that situation? He's a prime DP candidate.

I thought they should have pitched to him, as the chances of a strikeout against T. Miller were a lot greater than an Alexei strike out or double play.

QUOTE (WilliamTell @ Aug 24, 2008 -> 04:19 PM)
This dude on XM Radio is ripping the White Sox. Saying they stole the game on a hideous job by the umpires.

He's right. Not our fault we got the call though, we lost a game on opening day due to a hideous call. Things happen. This is as close as we're going to get in terms of an even out call for opening day.

QUOTE (WilliamTell @ Aug 24, 2008 -> 04:19 PM)
This dude on XM Radio is ripping the White Sox. Saying they stole the game on a hideous job by the umpires.

Yeah. And...

So, this xm radio moron just prefers teams that just roll over and take it?

Send him an application to the Cubs fan club.

LMAO!!! Classic AJ! :-D That was such an awesome win. Some of my most fondest Sox momories consists of the "coincidental happenstances" of AJ Pierzynski, lol.

Also... what did Maddon do when he moved BJ Upton to the infield as a defensive play in the 10th inning??? It looked like Maddon moved Upton to a position between shortstop and 2nd base and left only 2 players in the outfield??? Am I hallucinating??? lol

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 24, 2008 -> 09:24 PM)
I thought they should have pitched to him, as the chances of a strikeout against T. Miller were a lot greater than an Alexei strike out or double play.

Thome was hot today that's why and all he needed to hit was a sac fly. Plus putting him on made sense becasue he is a slow runner and gives a good chance at the DP, but Alexei is so clutch it backfired on TB

Edited by elrockinMT

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Aug 24, 2008 -> 09:29 PM)
He's right. Not our fault we got the call though, we lost a game on opening day due to a hideous call. Things happen. This is as close as we're going to get in terms of an even out call for opening day.

AJP just showed us why he is so valuable to this team. He knows how to play only one way and that's to win. I would argue that he was just twisting himself around to try to get back to 3B and keep the run down going, but TB fielder ran into him. That's my story ala 2005

QUOTE (santo=dorf @ Aug 24, 2008 -> 03:13 PM)
...and right there it f***ing shows why he doesn't have that many late inning hits but his OBP is through the roof. Why do teams avoid him and guys like Alex Gonzalez get all the game winning hits.

How many times has he been intentionally walked in late inning clutch situations? I don't recall that many. I do seem to remember him striking out or grounding out a lot in those situations. Maybe that's why he doesn't have many late inning hits?

I'm not dogging Thome here, but since he's been with the Sox most of his big hits seem to have come early in the games.