Democratic Convention Talk

HuskyCaucasian

For what it's worth:

A senior Obama official says that, "to a high degree of confidence," the campaign knows that Michelle Obama's speech went over well in the 18 battleground states that Barack Obama is focusing on.

That means, yes, that the campaign ran several focus groups last night in those states.

Of Michelle and Barack Obama: "By the end of this convention, people will know that they are both sort of classic American stories," a second adviser said.

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Brian @ Aug 26, 2008 -> 09:39 PM)
I'm not gonna lie, Chelsea looks hot as hell. Too bad we know what she will look like when she gets older.

Yeah, she was funny-looking when she was younger but now she's pretty sexy.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Aug 26, 2008 -> 10:12 PM)
McCain's ass is bruised after that speech. Somewhere at one of McCain's 7 homes, John McCain is rubbing his hiney.

it wasn't even really an attack speech like the Obama camp reportedly wanted. She basically did what is the type of thing that is going to win, talk about issues and provide vision for the future.

QUOTE (mr_genius @ Aug 26, 2008 -> 10:07 PM)
I thought it was a good speech, especially to convince some angry Hillary voters to go with Obama.

She zeroed right in on that. Any Hillary voter who could have been convinced, or was reconcilable, should have been convinced by that IMO.

QUOTE (mr_genius @ Aug 26, 2008 -> 10:14 PM)
it wasn't even really an attack speech like the Obama camp reportedly wanted. She basically did what is the type of thing that is going to win, talk about issues and provide vision for the future.

She got her jabs in. That's all I was talking about earlier.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 26, 2008 -> 10:19 PM)
So this interview on CNN with this Hillary supporter....um, yeah. The fact she got a 5 minute interview in ridiculous.

Which one, the 79 year old lady (who was reasonable) or the crying black woman?

edit: nevermind the old lady was on MSNBC, I forgot thats what my wife was watching upstairs.

Edited by lostfan

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 26, 2008 -> 09:19 PM)
So this interview on CNN with this Hillary supporter....um, yeah. The fact she got a 5 minute interview in ridiculous.

The fact that she is a "huge" democrat and might not vote for anyone is ridiculous. I can understand the independents that jumped on Hillary's bandwagon not voting for obama, but not the "huge" democrats.

"Look, I owe the American people an apology. If I had beaten the old man you'd of never heard of the kid and you wouldn't be in this mess. So it's all my fault and I feel that very, very strongly. So this is an important election for us. Let me tell 'ya.

-Michael Dukakis

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Aug 26, 2008 -> 09:20 PM)
Yeah. I just don't get it. It freaks me out to be honest.

Ya know, i got to thinking. My analogy might be a little "touchy" given what happened to joe Bidden, but let me try and put this in a little bit of a human perspective...

Delegates are like a husband or wife. you give your time, money, and commitment to get one single person elected to be president of the united states. you are picked as a delegate because you are loyal. Then one day... the love of your life dies tragically in a car accident. It's sad. It's really really hard. You loved her. But, you have to move on. But how? In time, you might meet a new person and get married. but it's never the same as your first love.