Linebrink

stretchstretch

From today's Tribune:

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/cs...1,4633544.story

Quote:

Linebrink update

Reliever Scott Linebrink made marginal progress throwing his fourth bullpen session but wasn't sure when he would throw a simulated game.

"I'm going to continue to throw bullpen [sessions]," he said. "Hopefully, there will be a little more life each time."

Linebrink, who won't throw Tuesday, has limited his repertoire to fastballs and a few changeups.

"We prefer it be a little bit more drastic improvement than what we are seeing, but it may be one day it just decides to turn around for us," Linebrink said.

:Endquote

From chicago.sports.com

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sp...1,2184268.story

"Linebrink update

Reliever Scott Linebrink made marginal progress throwing his fourth bullpen session but wasn't sure when he would throw a simulated game.

"I'm going to continue to throw bullpen [sessions]," he said. "Hopefully, there will be a little more life each time."

Linebrink, who won't throw Tuesday, has limited his repertoire to fastballs and a few changeups.

"We prefer it be a little bit more drastic improvement than what we are seeing, but it may be one day it just decides to turn around for us," Linebrink said.

Extra innings

"

The Ranger was interviewing Coop on the pre-game show yesterday and he kind of went off on him, kind of like Ozzie did about Crede, saying something like:

I'm kind of sick and tired of talking about Linebrink, there are way more important things going on with our team and pitchers than him, and until hes real close to coming back, which right now he isn't, i dont want to keep talking about him

Didn't sound like the best news, might still be a few weeks maybe

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 26, 2008 -> 10:57 AM)
The Ranger was interviewing Coop on the pre-game show yesterday and he kind of went off on him, kind of like Ozzie did about Crede, saying something like:

I'm kind of sick and tired of talking about Linebrink, there are way more important things going on with our team and pitchers than him, and until hes real close to coming back, which right now he isn't, i dont want to keep talking about him

Didn't sound like the best news, might still be a few weeks maybe

I heard that too. Coop treats Rongey like crap, I really dont like listening to him when he is talking to Rongey. When he talks to anyone else on the score he is really cordial, but he really talks down to Rongey.

I know a lot of people think Rongey is a cheerleader and never talks bad about the Sox and ignores issues, but the guy has a specific job to do and he gets killed by the fans calling in all the time, I feel bad for him a lot.

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Aug 26, 2008 -> 11:33 AM)
I know a lot of people think Rongey is a cheerleader and never talks bad about the Sox and ignores issues, but the guy has a specific job to do and he gets killed by the fans calling in all the time, I feel bad for him a lot.

you said something there, Rongey has the best worst job in Chicago sports. To listen to all those uninformed whining fans after games...good god. I don't know how he doesn't snap and start yelling at them. I think he does a fine job.

As far as Linebrink, the most frustrating thing is that there really isn't an effing injury. Just inflammation. If he actually did something to himself, the month off would be more understandable. And I know that Liney is just being honest with how he feels and he shouldn't rush back, so like Coop said, let's just stop asking him already. Let us know when you're a week away. Otherwise lets move on.

QUOTE (quickman @ Aug 26, 2008 -> 11:11 AM)
this sounds like he should have had surgery a month ago, but they want to get something out of him in case we make the playoffs. I am not anything close to a doctor but this smells like offseason surgery to me, and no linebrink for most of next year.

That could very well be. There are a number of undersurface tears and others things that will just show up as fluid on an MRI. This just shows as white which can also mean inflammation. My guess is that there is an underlying problem and there will be at least an exploratory arthroscopy in the off season.

However, it could also just be some inflammation and it will take a bit to regain the strength his lost sine being out. The article didn't sound like he was in pain just that he didn't have the "crispness" on the pitches.