Good Start!

letsgoarow

Josh Beckett has been scratched from his scheduled start Friday and is scheduled to see Dr. James Andrews.

No details yet, but Beckett must have had more tingling in his hand yesterday and/or today. His bullpen session Tuesday reportedly went fine, causing him to be penciled in for Friday. The Red Sox figure to place him on the DL and call up someone -- perhaps David Pauley -- to start Friday.

:gosoxretro:

QUOTE (letsgoarow @ Aug 28, 2008 -> 04:09 PM)
Josh Beckett has been scratched from his scheduled start Friday and is scheduled to see Dr. James Andrews.

No details yet, but Beckett must have had more tingling in his hand yesterday and/or today. His bullpen session Tuesday reportedly went fine, causing him to be penciled in for Friday. The Red Sox figure to place him on the DL and call up someone -- perhaps David Pauley -- to start Friday.

:gosoxretro:

That's good for the Sox. However, I hate to see it for him. I worked with him at Kane County when he came out of high school. He was like "Nuke" Laloosh. He hit the mascot as much as the strike zone. And he threw HARD. He is a good kid.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Aug 28, 2008 -> 09:11 PM)
That's good for the Sox. However, I hate to see it for him. I worked with him at Kane County when he came out of high school. He was like "Nuke" Laloosh. He hit the mascot as much as the strike zone. And he threw HARD. He is a good kid.

Ebby was a bad ass lol.

I hope he comes back, next year, and has a great year! lol. Just not this year

1,000th post!!!

Edited by letsgoarow

I think Buck Martinez made an interesting point in the last series. He said that "everyone" knows that tingling and numbness in your hand is a sure sign you need elbow surgery. He said it as if it's an after thought that Beckett would be going under the knife. Makes the sawks very vulnerable.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Aug 28, 2008 -> 03:31 PM)
I think Buck Martinez made an interesting point in the last series. He said that "everyone" knows that tingling and numbness in your hand is a sure sign you need elbow surgery. He said it as if it's an after thought that Beckett would be going under the knife. Makes the sawks very vulnerable.

The most common reason for the numbness and tingling is the ulnar nerve getting stretched. This happens because the ulnar collateral ligament (on the inside of the elbow) gets too loose. This is the common "Tommy John" scenario.

However, it is by no means the only reason. There is a problem up a the neck called thoracic outlet syndrome which can pinch either the nerves or the arteries going down the arm. For the old timers, this is what happened to Richard dotson and the surgreons removed a muscle called the pectoralis minor to relieve the compression. The condition does not always need surgery.

As Martinez said though the elbow is the most common cause and it usually requires surgery.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Aug 28, 2008 -> 03:37 PM)
The most common reason for the numbness and tingling is the ulnar nerve getting stretched. This happens because the ulnar collateral ligament (on the inside of the elbow) gets too loose. This is the common "Tommy John" scenario.

However, it is by no means the only reason. There is a problem up a the neck called thoracic outlet syndrome which can pinch either the nerves or the arteries going down the arm. For the old timers, this is what happened to Richard dotson and the surgreons removed a muscle called the pectoralis minor to relieve the compression. The condition does not always need surgery.

As Martinez said though the elbow is the most common cause and it usually requires surgery.

I love your medical analysis sir! :cheers

QUOTE (PlaySumFnJurny @ Aug 28, 2008 -> 09:13 PM)
Its good news for the White Sox well beyond this Friday, but very bad news for Boston.

Might be seeing the end of the red Sox in the hunt for the pennant. I can say with great certainity.. it's possible... :lolhitting

QUOTE (Drew @ Aug 29, 2008 -> 02:56 AM)
My brother, dad, and I will be at Fenway on Saturday for the game.

Sox 5-0 this season while I have been in paid attendance. Seen winners Dodger Stadium, Angel Stadium, McAfee Coliseum.

Sounds good to me!

QUOTE (Drew @ Aug 28, 2008 -> 08:56 PM)
My brother, dad, and I will be at Fenway on Saturday for the game.

Sox 5-0 this season while I have been in paid attendance. Seen winners Dodger Stadium, Angel Stadium, McAfee Coliseum.

any chance you can go on a 1 month road trip with the team...............???????????

QUOTE (SoxFan101 @ Aug 28, 2008 -> 06:55 PM)
Yeah this definitely can be a big boost for the whitesox, not only does it help up for this series but also hurts a team that we would be competing against for the wildcard if twins pass us.

I don't look at this series, as much as the part that they go the last month without him......