The Butcher suspended...

JPN366

Here's the chain of events over the last 24 hours...Robert Valido demoted to B'ham, Erick San Pedro placed on B'ham DL, Carlos Torres activated from B'ham DL and promoted to Charlotte, Robert Valido suspended, Erick San Pedro activated from B'ham DL. HA! Don't know the suspension details.

Edited by JPN366

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Aug 28, 2008 -> 04:28 PM)
Valido get desperate and go back on the roids?

Maybe he got mad about the demotion. Wouldn't be the first time this year, Collaro got released immediately after being demoted from Charlotte. Doesn't hurt my feelings, he wasn't going to start in the playoffs, at most he would have been a late inning pinch runner but not a defensive replacement.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Aug 28, 2008 -> 04:25 PM)
He's out of the system in 2009 anyway, I'd bet on it.

God, I hope so. That guy has more attitude than talent, skill or brains all rolled into one.

Edited by JPN366

I still have no idea what happened with him. He went from a defensive wiz, a threat to steal anytime, and an emerging bat to horrible in all aspects. I do understand he got caught with the roids or whatever which would explain the declining bat, but not so much him becoming a miserable defense player.

QUOTE (SoxFan101 @ Aug 28, 2008 -> 03:59 PM)
I still have no idea what happened with him. He went from a defensive wiz, a threat to steal anytime, and an emerging bat to horrible in all aspects. I do understand he got caught with the roids or whatever which would explain the declining bat, but not so much him becoming a miserable defense player.

Think about some of the borderline other players who've been caught, not just the big boys. Guy like Alex Sanchez, the first guy caught, fringe major leaguer, not a big guy, but might get some help in terms of quickness and muscle reaction speed. Take those away and suddenly you're a step slower on defense and your range is less.

• 2 weeks later...

Final word on Valido, he quit. He was demoted back from Charlotte to B'ham and chose to quit instead of help a playoff team. That info comes directly from one of his teammates' father. The media spin is that he was "sent home to think about his future and take a break." So, he was suspended just in case instead of being outright released.