McCain chooses Palin for VP

HuskyCaucasian

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

PS: If it's Palin... now THAT is inexperience. She's only been in office for 2 years (Obama has 12+ years in state and national service). That moots McCain's "Obama's not ready" argument. Obama could throw it right back at him.

Edited by Athomeboy_2000

I think Palin would be an excellent, exciting choice for McCain: young, female, and staunchly conservative to rally his base. Yes, she's inexperienced (like Obama), but that's always less of an issue for a #2, even though that will be more relevant in this election because of McCain's age.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 29, 2008 -> 09:26 AM)
It's Palin, according to Fox. You have to wonder if this move was made with the focus on getting Hillary's voters to vote for McCain.

Totally a political move.

Palin: 2 years as Governor, before... mayor of of a town of 7500.

THAT'S inexperience at its best.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Aug 29, 2008 -> 09:37 AM)
I don't know much about her, but damn she is young, quite a contrast to McCain. She is the same age as my Mom.

(Actually that is true, and I hope that makes at least one person in this thread feel old).

:)

Done, thank you very little.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 29, 2008 -> 09:42 AM)
I don't see this as a winning combination. What will she even talk about in the debates? Caribou?

How will she look in a debate against Joe Biden? Not necessarily a bad choice, but damn, this is a pretty big risk.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Aug 29, 2008 -> 09:41 AM)

There is no question that the inexperience rally against Obama isn't the way the McCain camp wants to go with this pick, I will say that. Can't use that argument with this VEEP choice. It's a fascinating choice though, that's for sure.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Aug 29, 2008 -> 10:47 AM)
I don't know about getting the Clinton vote. Palin sent an e-mail to the Alaska Right to Life Board saying she was as "pro-life as any candidate can be"

I am pro most people's life.

In fact, I'll be pro your life if you like.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Aug 29, 2008 -> 08:41 AM)

Biden wasn't a political move? The candidate of change picks an old school senator as his VP.

McCain, an old school senator, picks a young fresh face as his VP.

The experience is on the top of the GOP ticket.

Inexperience is on the top of Democratic ticket.

Palin Comes With Prepackaged Scandal

In a press conference this afternoon, Gov. Sarah Palin (R-AK) conceded that someone inside her administration pressured the state's Department of Public Safety to fire State Trooper Mike Wooten, Palin's former brother-in-law, who is now embroiled in a bitter custody battle with Palin's sister.

Palin's statement is the latest in what has come to be known around Alaska as "Wooten-gate." The scandal began on July 11, when Public Safety Commissioner Walt Monegan was fired from his post with little explanation, a move that quickly raised questions in Alaska.

A few days later, Monegan came forward, stating that he had been pressured by those around Palin to fire Wooten -- but had refused to do so -- a choice that he believes led to his sudden dismissal. Palin denied Monegan's accusations, and a Legislative Council has appointed a special commission to probe the matter.

Palin said that state troopers had taped a phone call from Frank Bailey, Palin's director of boards and commissions whom she appointed last August, in which Bailey inquired about having Wooten fired.

Palin distanced herself from Bailey's actions claiming that he acted alone, but the recordings suggest that he was acting at her instigation.

"The Palins can't figure out why nothing's going on," Bailey said in the recorded phone call. "So Todd and Sarah are scratching their heads saying 'Why is this guy representing the department, he's a horrible recruiting tool.' You know? So from their perspective everybody's protecting him. . . Audi probably disagrees with me, Walt [Monegan] does and I understand it's really touchy, but I just want you to understand that cops that use excessive force or go out of the lines, they just have no tolerance, because they've seen the facts personally."